ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Best Rock & Roll Concert you have ever seen?
BigRedChief 11:57 PM 07-30-2020
So many......but I’ve got to go with.......Monsters of Rock...... Arrowhead Stadium

Spent the day and night down front center stage.

Van Halen
Metallica
REO
Heart
Scorpions
John Cougar
Kingdom Come
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:11 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
crap, I went to two of those. And another one in Arrowhead. The best was the Van Halen/Metallica/Scorpions one. I’d never heard of the Scorpions. Heard one song of Metallica. Was totally blown away. Or maybe it was the good drugs. I remember the food fight. It was a blast watching it.
One of the Summer Jams had the other bands you mentioned. I went to other one with Foreigner, Triumph and others. It was at Kaufman though.

I missed the one with John Cougar.

I did the same thing with the two Aerosmith concerts I saw. They all kind of blend together after all these years. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:53 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
One of the Summer Jams had the other bands you mentioned. I went to other one with Foreigner, Triumph and others. It was at Kaufman though.

I missed the one with John Cougar.

I did the same thing with the two Aerosmith concerts I saw. They all kind of blend together after all these years. :-)
Yeah, there were two Monsters of Rock’s at Arrowhead. Then another one that wasn’t under the Monsters of Rock banner, may have been REO, Heart, John Cougar? There was another one too. They were having those twice a year in the 80’s because the money was so good.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:58 AM 08-11-2020
Yeah, there were two Monsters of Rock’s at Arrowhead. Then another one that wasn’t under the Monsters of Rock banner, may have been REO, Heart, John Cougar? There was another one too. They were having those twice a year in the 80’s because the money was so good.
I miss those days. Twenty bucks and you get to party all day and night to some great bands!
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:27 AM 08-11-2020
Billy Idol
Dave Matthews Band
RHCP
Some chick that was playing at the Gaslight in Lawrence, middle 2008. Sounded similar to Neko Case :-)
[Reply]
penchief 07:35 AM 08-11-2020
I’ve been lucky enough to see a lot of great shows but I think the one that was the overall best was the Miller Lite Party at the Cotton Bowl in 1989. The Fabulous Thunderbirds opened, followed by Stevie Ray Vaughan, followed by The Who.

It’s funny now because I went into it thinking about The Who, “man, I hope these old farts can still bring it.” I was worried I was going to be disappointed. Not only were all three acts great, The Who totally kicked ass. I left there convinced that was the best show I’d ever seen. I also told myself that I would never again assume a rock band was too old to bring it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:47 PM 08-11-2020
crap, I went to two of those. And another one in Arrowhead. The best was the Van Halen/Metallica/Scorpions one. I’d never heard of the Scorpions. Heard one song of Metallica. Was totally blown away. Or maybe it was the good drugs. I remember the food fight. It was a blast watching it.
Never heard of the Scorpions? They were one of the first bands I got into as a kid, even before they blew up stateside with Love At First Sting. I remember buying Blackout on cassette and thinking at the time it was the heaviest thing I’d ever heard. Then I was introduced to Sabbath.
[Reply]
eDave 12:47 AM 08-12-2020
Saw Scorpions and Iron Maiden in 82 in Memphis. They didn't do The Zoo and I was bummed.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 05:13 AM 08-12-2020
MCR and Blink in 2011 at Sandstone. Amazing night, great show both bands were on point and I was with some pretty cool people.
[Reply]
Stryker 10:30 PM 08-12-2020
KISS 1977
Judas Priest
Rush
AC/DC
Motley Crue/Ozzy
Iron Maiden - Killers, Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave
Accept
Krokus
Quiet Riot
Journey