ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 79
« First < 29697576777879
Nzoner's Game Room>Covers you like better than the original.
BigMeatballDave 01:29 PM 09-17-2015
I don't remember if we've done this before, but if we have, bite me. :-)

Manfred Mann: Blinded by the light

Bruce Springsteen:
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 08:15 PM 04-27-2023
Janis Joplin "Me and Bobby McGee" - I'm not sure if Kris Kristofferson released it before she did, but hers is still the one I hear in my head. That girl could sing, and that's the song she sang best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U_6O16UhWs
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:15 AM 07-07-2023

I like this song better than the Goo Goo Dolls version. In the original, it's difficult to figure out what to do with the 90s weirdness that the Goo Goo Dolls were about the front men, for, but they leveled it out a bit without losing the emotion of it all.

I listen to this group a fair bit. They don't turn out crap, it's typically well produced and periodically they'll put out a banger. Oh, and the lead signer is flaming hot.

Anyway, you could argue they're not as good as the original, sometimes, but they do everything from Metallica to Adele. And while they're not as good as either one, it's safe to say Metallica can't do Adele and Adele (probably) can't do Metallica. I like them. They're pretty good to have on in the background if nothing else.

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:00 PM 07-07-2023
I've checked out a fair number covers by First to Eleven.

It is impressive how many different styles they can play. They are good musicians but my complaint is that they generally play the song too much like the original. I get a third of the way through the song, and I'm like, okay, that's nice, but why don't I just go listen to the original.

Although I could see a live show being fun.

Occasionally however, one of their covers does surprise.

I like their cover of I Love Rock 'N Roll better than Joan Jett. It's just a fun dance song without the attitude that Joan Jett brought.

Their cover of You Shook Me All Night Long is also surprisingly good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:10 PM 07-07-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I've checked out a fair number covers by First to Eleven.

It is impressive how many different styles they can play. They are good musicians but my complaint is that they generally play the song too much like the original. I get a third of the way through the song, and I'm like, okay, that's nice, but why don't I just go listen to the original.

Although I could see a live show being fun.

Occasionally however, one of their covers does surprise.

I like their cover of I Love Rock 'N Roll better than Joan Jett. It's just a fun dance song without the attitude that Joan Jett brought.

Their cover of You Shook Me All Night Long is also surprisingly good.
i haven't heard either of those.

Yeah, some of their stuff is unspectacular, but what's remarkable is it is never bad. Plus, it's good to have on because Audra Miller is profoundly hot.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:20 PM 07-07-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
i haven't heard either of those.

Yeah, some of their stuff is unspectacular, but what's remarkable is it is never bad. Plus, it's good to have on because Audra Miller is profoundly hot.
[IMG][/IMG]

And the camera loves her...
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:26 AM 07-08-2023
You guys realize that Joan Jett is a talentless hack who's never written any of her own hit songs, right? They're all covers...

The Rock n' Roll Hall of fame is a disgrace.
[Reply]
srvy 01:57 AM 07-08-2023
Dukes of September
Hard to call it a cover as Donald Fa Gen is in the band OG SD along with Boz Scaggs and Michael McDonald. Jon Herrington on guitar is just a fucking monster.

[Reply]
srvy 01:25 AM 07-14-2023
Holy shit this is good never heard of this group. They did a masterful job with special guest master Steve Hacket. Really the only slightly missing piece is the drummer. He is no slouch but no match for Collins who then was interested in drums and being the best in rock. I know its long its "Suppers Ready" but at least watch the last guitar solo with the dual guitars just wow. Except for the drumming its better than I saw in KC in the 70s doing the original. Bravo

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:22 AM 07-14-2023
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
You guys realize that Joan Jett is a talentless hack who's never written any of her own hit songs, right? They're all covers...

The Rock n' Roll Hall of fame is a disgrace.
No I didn't know that Joan Jett's version was a cover. I'm old enough to remember when her songs came out, but I was never a fan.

But she was the one that put the song on the map.

Yea, this is actually makes more sense as the original.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:27 AM 07-24-2023
AI generated covers are a thing now? JFC

[Reply]
Lzen 12:41 PM 07-31-2023
Sry, age restricted to only available on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/p38ke-nBuw8
[Reply]
srvy 09:16 PM 08-02-2023
Shine

Never was much for Collective Soul or a fan of this song. However, I am a Dolly fan and thanks to The Righteous Gemstones I'd never known Dolly did this song and better.
[Reply]
Kman34 08:54 PM 11-10-2023
There is no replacing the beautiful and talented Linda Ronstadt but this young lady is close.. Not saying I like this better than my crushes original but its awesome in its own rights.. She is a striking girl with an amazing voice.. Tristan McIntosh is her name..

[Reply]
Buehler445 04:00 PM 12-21-2023
It's well documented that I like first to Eleven, but I legitimately like this better than the Mice and Men version, and I certainly don't hate them. This is a good listen. And I think it's a single take livestream, not like some of their more produced stuff.

[Reply]
Donger 04:03 PM 12-21-2023

[Reply]
Page 79 of 79
« First < 29697576777879
Up