ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 56
« First < 6465253545556
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:43 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hawker007:
He has to learn to hit the ball to the left side. He pulls/rolls over every pitch.
Eh - nothing wrong with a guy with solid but unspectacular raw power trying to pull the ball, but he's gotta keep his lower half in if he's gonna do that.

That bottom half comes open too early and that's when you start coming over top of the ball and rolling it to 2b.

I wouldn't want him 'playing the slice' just yet. Because his hit tool is good enough to make him a 25-30 HR player and a real nice run producer in the 5 spot.

I think the kind of target you'd like to see for him would be someone like Adrian Gonzalez? Or if you'd prefer a direct Royals comp, what about Raul Ibanez (offensively)? I think he could be that sort of player.
[Reply]
cmh6476 01:54 PM Today
If the Royals win tonight, and the Twins lose, one or the other Guardians or Tigers lose and that would be a good nice for baseball.
[Reply]
Hawker007 02:28 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh - nothing wrong with a guy with solid but unspectacular raw power trying to pull the ball, but he's gotta keep his lower half in if he's gonna do that.

That bottom half comes open too early and that's when you start coming over top of the ball and rolling it to 2b.

I wouldn't want him 'playing the slice' just yet. Because his hit tool is good enough to make him a 25-30 HR player and a real nice run producer in the 5 spot.

I think the kind of target you'd like to see for him would be someone like Adrian Gonzalez? Or if you'd prefer a direct Royals comp, what about Raul Ibanez (offensively)? I think he could be that sort of player.
I get it, but I'm just more old school in my hitting approach. If a ball is pitched on the outside corner, take it that way and don't try to pull it. But I can say the same thing for Isbel and Frazier, and probably have a stronger point with those guys as they don't have the same pull-pop that Vinny has, not even close.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hawker007:
I get it, but I'm just more old school in my hitting approach. If a ball is pitched on the outside corner, take it that way and don't try to pull it. But I can say the same thing for Isbel and Frazier, and probably have a stronger point with those guys as they don't have the same pull-pop that Vinny has, not even close.
Sure, but if you keep your front in and maintain a standard (not sell-out) pull approach, you'll drive that pitch on the outside up the middle. And if you pick it up early enough, you can still catch it out front and drive it out to RC as a lefty.

I just think he's someone you want to treat differently than, as you said, Isbel. The Cardinals broadcasters used to get way up their own asses with guys like Allen Craig and say "Yeah, you can really tell when he's hitting it well when he's going opposite field..."

Well...not really. A lot of the times that's just him getting jammed. Guys with good bat to ball skills and good but not great raw power, can REALLY benefit from a more concerted pull approach because it allows them to unlock their ability to drive the ball. When they start to try to spray oppo, pitchers will notice that and attack them inside. Now they're getting fisted and hitting slow rollers on the infield that they'd have sent 415 had they not been tinkering.

Most dude just aren't gonna be Albert Pujols. Very few guys can truly be an all-fields hitter and maintain solid power and run production. With Vinnie, I think he's better served focusing on a strength than trying to cover any weaknesses.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:16 PM Today
I would like to see Vinnie choke up with
runners on base and down in the count :-)
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:17 PM Today
Maybe Vinnie should be a "bunt first" type of guy, yeah, that's the ticket!
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:23 PM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
They finally fixed it so I don't have to log in every single day so I do appreciate that!

It is embarrassing for then they have that ballys placeholder commercial on repeat because they cant get anyone to advertise there.
That fucking sports noise commercial is the god damn worst.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:26 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
That fucking sports noise commercial is the god damn worst.
It's on right now and I hate it.

Here's a basketball dribbling and some shoe squeaks. That'll be $20/month please
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:48 PM Today
It merits mention that Vinnie is attempting to come back from surgery on a torn labrum. There are many players that couldn't come back from shoulder surgery at anywhere near their past production. It ends careers. The list of players that went on to stardom after it is very short if there is one at all. I root for the cat but his career is dichotomous at this point and we're new in the 'post' era now. Keep expectations low, is what I'm getting at here.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:50 PM Today
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
It merits mention that Vinnie is attempting to come back from surgery on a torn labrum. There are many players that couldn't come back from shoulder surgery at anywhere near their past production. It ends careers. The list of players that went on to stardom after it is very short if there is one at all. I root for the cat but his career is dichotomous at this point and we're new in the 'post' era now. Keep expectations low, is what I'm getting at here.
Fair point
[Reply]
TLO 08:20 PM Today
Saw someone on Twitter talking about trading Salvy before the deadline.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:22 PM Today
Originally Posted by TLO:

Thoughts?
May be one of the dumbest tweets of all time. Maybe we should trade Mahomes while we’re at it too??
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:24 PM Today

Thoughts?
You should delete Twitter.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:29 PM Today

Thoughts?
murder.
death.
kill.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 56
« First < 6465253545556
Up