ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 638 of 3903
« First < 138538588628634635636637638 63964064164264868873811381638 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
tk13 08:14 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Japan didn’t shut down their entire society.

South Korea and Singapore didn’t either.

Russia is not shutting down.
Yeah but that goes right back to the other conversation. South Korea is testing everyone to contain it and isolate the people who have it. Tens of thousands of people a day.

Singapore is doing temperature checks just about everywhere you go in public. These countries are all viciously attacking this and trying to get ahead of it.

The countries who are succeeding are aggressively testing people and isolating people. We are basically asking people to get themselves tested and only if you're really sick. And even then you aren't guaranteed a test.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:15 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
FYi, death rate in NY right now is .07% in deaths\total cases

Global rate is around 3.5%
Rate in US over all is about 1.25%
There’s a delay in incubation of the virus.

The 5000+ cases today will result in 1000 hospitalizations in the next two weeks and 250 people being put on life support if all the trends in all the other countries remain consistent.

Hopefully the rate of hospitalization is lower but I wouldn’t bet on it.
[Reply]
wazu 08:15 PM 03-22-2020
I work with a lot of Indian people, both offshore and on. One guy on my team that is onshore says he's been trying to get people in India to adopt the social distancing thing. He says they laugh at him and basically tell him he's been in America too long.
[Reply]
nychief 08:17 PM 03-22-2020
Man, I really want to be able to go to the party cove at Table Rock this weekend....despite the worldwide epidemic. These party colors don't run!
[Reply]
Monticore 08:19 PM 03-22-2020
Russia shut border with China in Jan and had early testing
[Reply]
petegz28 08:20 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
There’s a delay in incubation of the virus.

The 5000+ cases today will result in 1000 hospitalizations in the next two weeks and 250 people being put on life support if all the trends in all the other countries remain consistent.

Hopefully the rate of hospitalization is lower but I wouldn’t bet on it.
I get you have a bit of a doomsday take on it but so far a lot of your math isn't showing up. I hope it doesn't either for all of ours sake.

Our death rate if you will has been trending lower and lower. Granted that is helped by increasing numbers in total cases but still, it's better that it goes down than up.

We were supposed to be Italy by this time. Now those same people are saying it's going to take another 2 weeks and THEN we will be Italy. Even though they said 2 weeks ago we would be there by now.

Let's just hope you're wrong.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 08:20 PM 03-22-2020
Michigan jobless claims surge to 108,000 in a week, labor director asks for patience

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...19/2894660001/

wow...
[Reply]
tk13 08:21 PM 03-22-2020
I get you have a bit of a doomsday take on it but so far a lot of your math isn't showing up. I hope it doesn't either for all of ours sake.

Our death rate if you will has been trending lower and lower. Granted that is helped by increasing numbers in total cases but still, it's better that it goes down than up.

We were supposed to be Italy by this time. Now those same people are saying it's going to take another 2 weeks and THEN we will be Italy. Even though they said 2 weeks ago we would be there by now.

We've only really been "shut down" a week. We'll probably have a better idea of where we actually sit in another week and a half or so. I am hopeful this week should help. But on the flip side you certainly are going to have a lot of spring break travelers coming home.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 PM 03-22-2020

Italy has kind of a numbers problem with their death figures.

Their prime health minister said only 12% of them were likely caused by the actual virus or something
[Reply]
oaklandhater 08:22 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Russia shut border with China in Jan and had early testing
Russia be lying

https://qz.com/1822523/russia-report...-in-pneumonia/
[Reply]
petegz28 08:22 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
We've only really been "shut down" a week. We'll probably have a better idea of where we actually sit in another week and a half or so.
Perhaps but that doesn't change the numbers as they are now. You would expect things to get better as more people get house arrested.
[Reply]
TLO 08:23 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I work with a lot of Indian people, both offshore and on. One guy on my team that is onshore says he's been trying to get people in India to adopt the social distancing thing. He says they laugh at him and basically tell him he's been in America too long.
I've also seen where they drink cow piss as a cure.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:23 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
We've only really been "shut down" a week. We'll probably have a better idea of where we actually sit in another week and a half or so. I am hopeful this week should help. But on the flip side you certainly are going to have a lot of spring break travelers coming home.
God it does feel a lot longer than 10 days
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:24 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
It's too early for the US and NY to mean anything. Get back to me in 2 weeks and we'll see (not biased one way or the other, but it IS too early)
while it is early once more are tested the mortality rate will dip even lower. I know this is a non political thread and I will not take it there HOWEVER if the government and effectively communicate this the panic which is part of the problem will also dip. If you look at WA they've almost stabilized this. I'm to the belief social distancing and lockdowns does work, I think we have an amazing emergency response in this country, our ER doctors, nurse, etc are great. The government should call in the national guard and FEMA to states to seperate the sick from our hospitals, retirement homes, etc to help stop the spread and save the very sick. Time is key here if we can do that going into the warmer months it will help stop some of this and it gives us more time to find medicine to help combat it as well.

I was pretty worried about our healthcare system becoming overwhelmed however everything I've read has been pretty encouraging. The next few weeks will be crucial. Other than testing I think we've made up for lost time.

This is my uneducated opinion but what I've read its possible this thing has mutated. Despite what the media has said that's not always a bad thing if you look at SARS it mutated as well and become less dangerous. If you combine that with everything i've said we are in a good place compared to places like Italy, Spain, and France.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:24 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Italy has kind of a numbers problem with their death figures.

Their prime health minister said only 12% of them were likely caused by the actual virus or something
That may be, I don't know. I just know at this time a couple weeks ago we were supposed to have people dying in the streets. Again, this is serious and we need to address it and I have always said that. But some are just sold on the fact that this is the end of mankind unless we just put everyone in a plastic bubble for the next year.
[Reply]
Page 638 of 3903
« First < 138538588628634635636637638 63964064164264868873811381638 > Last »
Up