ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 584 of 3903
« First < 84484534574580581582583584 58558658758859463468410841584 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 05:16 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
It's not a bad idea.
WTF man?
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:17 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Your posts are all spot on. I thank you for posting on this.
This that Post is Rep worthy
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:17 PM 03-21-2020
If this can lead to more strategically targeted social distancing, I am all for it...

Originally Posted by :
As Florida’s confirmed coronavirus cases climbed past 700 on Saturday, Gov. Ron DeSantis said he is considering his most drastic move yet: Moving certain people at risk to isolation shelters.

DeSantis said his administration might put those who test positive for COVID-19 or show symptoms of the disease in shelters, such as abandoned convention centers or hotels, to prevent them from to prevent them from returning home and infecting those they live with.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...#storylink=cpy

[Reply]
Bwana 05:17 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
People prioritize their anxiety differently, whether it’s health, money, ammo or toilet paper, trying to get everyone on the same page is impossible.
Food comes into play somewhere as well. As far as they same page, you're right.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:18 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
It's not a bad idea.
correct, it’s a disastrous horrible idea. A run on the banks right now? Are you insane?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:19 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
WTF man?
It took the Greeks three years to get full control of their own capital movement. To think that can't happen here is asinine.
[Reply]
Donger 05:19 PM 03-21-2020
WTF man?
In the deep end, that one is. Likes it, too.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:20 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
what else can we do let it spread and see possible million + deaths ?

Americans are gonna have to learn to cope with this.
I would do what we have done with every other virus break out we have experienced in my life time - not freak the fuck out.

I’m very much in the Ben Franklin camp of those who would surrender liberty for a little temporary security (and we aren’t even really getting security from these actions if you look at the economic aspect) deserve neither.

Sacrifice the masses to save the few. Makes sense.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:20 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
correct, it’s a disastrous horrible idea. A run on the banks right now? Are you insane?
Yup! Start a run on the banks and nobody will have to worry about toilet paper, just use the worthless cash.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:20 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Food comes into play somewhere as well. As far as they same page, you're right.
I also forgot the world champion Kanas City Chiefs football team, but yeah food kind of fits in there somewhere.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:21 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by D2112:
Over here they only let 50 people in at a time. There’s a long ass line outside but there’s plenty in the store now.
I saw a long line at Costco last weekend; didn't want to stand outside. Been working from home for the last 10 days. Will probably run by the one off Metcalf to see how it looks tomorrow. I'll stock up on soup, sardines,kale and crackers. Would like to get some eggs; they pack a lot of value.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:22 PM 03-21-2020
Yup! Start a run on the banks and nobody will have to worry about toilet paper, just use the worthless cash.
Is it a good time to invest ?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:22 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Germany did this

https://www.thelocal.ch/20200312/mask-hysteria

and also had masks stolen that were bound for italy.

all kinds of bullshit is going down in the EU
American citizens are faking an illness to get access to the ER. They then steal all the masks and hand santizer. Even TP out of the restrooms. Our worse citizens ain’t better than their worse citizens.
[Reply]
Bwana 05:22 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Your posts are all spot on. I thank you for posting on this.
Yep agree. He has some great posts throughout the thread.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:23 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I would do what we have done with every other virus break out we have experienced in my life time - not freak the **** out.

I’m very much in the Ben Franklin camp of those who would surrender liberty for a little temporary security (and we aren’t even really getting security from these actions if you look at the economic aspect) deserve neither.

Sacrifice the masses to save the few. Makes sense.
if it was only the US doing it I would be freaked but every country is planning or is already knee deep in a lockdown.

america will look like they are on a suicide mission if we don't shutdown at some point.
[Reply]
Page 584 of 3903
« First < 84484534574580581582583584 58558658758859463468410841584 > Last »
Up