ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 484 of 3903
« First < 384434474480481482483484 4854864874884945345849841484 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:03 PM 03-19-2020
I don't really want to post this, but it's necessary info: lopinavir + ritonavir showed no benefit over the standard of care in a study just published in NEJM.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:04 PM 03-19-2020
Here's my completely unsubstantiated opinion since everyone has one: Social distancing is NOT going to work because we aren't combining it with large scale testing like South Korea is.

We have no idea who has it and if they've been spreading it. It will take another two weeks to really see.

I mean, I'm lysoling my MAIL. Anything that comes in this house gets fucking fumigated. I look out the window and people are hugging each other, isn't that sweet. Is it safe to do so?

I know Italy once thought it was.
[Reply]
Donger 05:04 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I see shit like this and I'm ready to just give up.. Like, who even cares.

I was feeling optimistic today. Now... Shit.
Nah, hang in there. No other country has seen anything like that kind of growth rate of cases.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:04 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Saphojunkie just got a Peleton.

It's no money down and 70 bucks a month.

Tempting.

Save yourself the future coat hanger and just get a set of dumbbells and a beach body subscription.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 05:04 PM 03-19-2020
Shit is slowing down
we good
https://tribune.com.pk/story/2178354...-biophysicist/
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:05 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Gov. Newsome just said that 56% of Californians, or 25.6 million, will be infected in the next 8 weeks.
Dumb as hell.
[Reply]
Donger 05:06 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Here's my completely unsubstantiated opinion since everyone has one: Social distancing is NOT going to work because we aren't combining it with large scale testing like South Korea is.
Sure it will. This fucker isn't airborne, thank God. Proximity is key.
[Reply]
Fish 05:08 PM 03-19-2020
All Missouri public, charter schools now closed, according Missouri DESE

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education reported Thursday that all public schools and charter schools have closed.

Missouri has left school closings up to each district. Most school systems have closed at least through April 3.

Click here to see the full list of closed school districts.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:08 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I see shit like this and I'm ready to just give up.. Like, who even cares.

I was feeling optimistic today. Now... Shit.
Seriously listen to The Doctor Channel on Sirius XM. They are not charging for it right now. It's Doctors and medical professionals from NYU. While they are not downplaying this they are also keeping a tempered response and I think after listening to them for a bit you will feel a bit better. These morons in the 24.7 media and social media have too many ancillary agendas they are trying to push.
[Reply]
Donger 05:08 PM 03-19-2020
“The rate of infection of the virus in the Hubei province increased by 30% each day – that is a scary statistic. I am not an influenza expert but I can analyse numbers and that is exponential growth,” he was quoted as saying. At this rate, the entire world should have been infected within 90 days, he added.

But then, the trend changed. When Levitt started analysing the data on February 1, Hubei had 1,800 new cases each day and within six days this number reached 4,700, he said. “And then, on February 7, the number of new infections started to drop linearly and did not stop. A week later, the same happened with the number of the deaths. This dramatic change in the curve marked the median point and enabled better prediction of when the pandemic will end. Based on that, I concluded that the situation in all of China will improve within two weeks. And, indeed, now there are very few new infection cases.”
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:09 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
You a boulder hoarder?
I have a stone business.
[Reply]
Fish 05:10 PM 03-19-2020

https://www.kmbc.com/article/more-co...eyXvq9clDQUuc#
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:10 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Seriously listen to The Doctor Channel on Sirius XM. They are not charging for it right now. It's Doctors and medical professionals from NYU. While they are not downplaying this they are also keeping a tempered response and I think after listening to them for a bit you will feel a bit better. These morons in the 24.7 media and social media have too many ancillary agendas they are trying to push.
Which channel?
[Reply]
Donger 05:11 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I have a stone business.
Is it a large stone business, or a small stone business? And how do you quantify that?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:11 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
pete, you're about to go on Ignore.
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Go for it....
Originally Posted by Pablo:
If you do that you're never gonna know if the Chiefs will make the playoffs or not. Your choice to be a fan.
well done cross thread humor.
[Reply]
Page 484 of 3903
« First < 384434474480481482483484 4854864874884945345849841484 > Last »
Up