ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2524 of 3903
« First < 1524202424242474251425202521252225232524 252525262527252825342574262430243524 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 09:11 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

I won't contaminate this thread like you have, but as you're aware, you brought up the "people who hate HCQ have thousands of deaths on their hands!" tripe both here and there today.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:13 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I won't contaminate this thread like you have, but as you're aware, you brought up the "people who hate HCQ have thousands of deaths on their hands!" tripe both here and there today.
And you have all but proven your stance, you subliminal fucking politics is a joke.

You would rather thousands more die than give up your ground.
[Reply]
Donger 09:16 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
And you have all but proven your stance, you subliminal ****ing politics is a joke.

You would rather thousands more die than give up your ground.
As has been pointed out, there are flaws with the new study that you really want to be true. That's a shame.

Perhaps you should focus on other drugs under trial, like remdesivir? Why aren't you touting that?
[Reply]
Donger 09:22 AM 07-07-2020
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (Reuters) - New coronavirus cases soared in California over the July Fourth weekend, stressing some hospital systems and leading to the temporary closure of the state capitol building in Sacramento for deep cleaning, officials said on Monday.

The number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 has increased by 50% over the past two weeks to about 5,800, Governor Gavin Newsom said at a briefing.

About a third of those hospitalized were in Los Angeles County, state and local records showed, with about 630 confirmed and suspected coronavirus patients requiring intensive care.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:35 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (Reuters) - New coronavirus cases soared in California over the July Fourth weekend, stressing some hospital systems and leading to the temporary closure of the state capitol building in Sacramento for deep cleaning, officials said on Monday.

The number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 has increased by 50% over the past two weeks to about 5,800, Governor Gavin Newsom said at a briefing.

About a third of those hospitalized were in Los Angeles County, state and local records showed, with about 630 confirmed and suspected coronavirus patients requiring intensive care.
Must be all of the knee surgeries scheduled after trying to pivot and run from lit fireworks.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:37 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Must be all of the knee surgeries scheduled after trying to pivot and run from lit fireworks.
I wanted to post an article yesterday about how states are having to admit the protests spread the virus but it was too political for here. Needless to say......
[Reply]
eDave 09:41 AM 07-07-2020
Ronazona

Cases: 7-Day avg continues to rise, both in cases and deaths. This is the highest death total added in a single report (1st triple digit day), likely catching up for the lag in death reporting over the last two days.

Testing: PCR Testing dropped by about 2.5K since yesterday.

Spread: Overall PCR positive test percentage went up from 13.4% to 13.6% (based on 628K tests, up from a 6.6% low) and the average for this week is 19% (but only based on 748 cases, down from 22% the previous week).

Hospital Utilization: COVID Hospitalizations went up 4.5% (another all time high). ICU beds for COVID patients went up 3.5% (Overall ICU bed usage went up 89% to 90%). Ventilators in use for COVID went up 2%. Intubations for Respiratory Distress stayed in triple digits (111).

Data Source: ADHS

CHARTS
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:50 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Long article so quoted just part of it.
I was told not to worry about this because we don't yet know what % of people have long term health problems.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:51 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I wanted to post an article yesterday about how states are having to admit the protests spread the virus but it was too political for here. Needless to say......
Not sure why people are focusing on that, really.... I'm sure it spread it to some extent, just like any other situation where there's prolonged exposure to other people while not social distancing or wearing a mask.

People are idiots, whether they're being idiots while protesting, idiots while drinking, idiots while at church, idiots while throwing parties, idiots....
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:51 AM 07-07-2020

A high-risk Florida teen who died from covid-19 attended a huge church party, then was given hydroxychloroquine by her parents, report says https://t.co/Cd7AsH0cjj

— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) July 7, 2020

Originally Posted by :
She alleged that Brunton Davis took Carsyn to the event to “intentionally expose her immuno-compromised daughter to this virus.

At some point, Carsyn was also given a dose of hydroxychloroquine by her parents — an action that came less than a week after the FDA pulled its emergency use authorization

Carsyn’s parents declined to have her intubated, and she instead started receiving plasma therapy, the report said. But by June 22, her condition wasn’t improving and “intubation was required,” the medical examiner wrote.

Despite “aggressive therapy and maneuvers,” Carsyn still didn’t get better, leading Brunton Davis to request “heroic efforts” even knowing that her daughter “had low chance of meaningful survival,” according to the report.

But none of the procedures worked and Carsyn continued to deteriorate. She died shortly after 1 p.m. on June 23, two days after her 17th birthday.
And now of course the mother has a gofundme and is making money off of killing her child, because 2020.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:55 AM 07-07-2020
Not sure why people are focusing on that, really.... I'm sure it spread it to some extent, just like any other situation where there's prolonged exposure to other people while not social distancing or wearing a mask.

People are idiots, whether they're being idiots while protesting, idiots while drinking, idiots while at church, idiots while throwing parties, idiots....
I was wondering about this. Has there been one documented super-spreader event outdoors?

For the record I think beaches should be open and most of those shots you see of people at the lake are probably fine. Of course it's the drinking all day leading to zero inhibitions and more drinking all night that is more problematic.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:56 AM 07-07-2020

People are focusing on that because until now it was being grossly overlooked or otherwise ignored as a contributor to rising cases.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Donger 09:57 AM 07-07-2020
Arizona reporting 117 new deaths.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:04 AM 07-07-2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 10:13 AM 07-07-2020
A friend posted this about his fiancee's friend:

Originally Posted by :
Tested positive 101 days ago. Symptoms started 112 days ago. She is still having symptoms. She is in the process of having half of her lung removed. She has a heart murmur and alarmingly high blood pressure for a healthy 28 year old. She's had a fever and cough for all 112 days. She is struggling to walk to the mailbox without gasping for breath. She was never on a ventilator and has remained outpatient for all treatments.
Yes it's anecdotal. But there are lots of similar stories out there. Until I know the odds of this happening are vanishingly small, it will continue to be my biggest concern.
[Reply]
Page 2524 of 3903
« First < 1524202424242474251425202521252225232524 252525262527252825342574262430243524 > Last »
Up