ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1644 of 3903
« First < 644114415441594163416401641164216431644 164516461647164816541694174421442644 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:42 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I’m likely getting tested on Monday.

Swabbing my brain I guess.
Seriously though, even if you have it you will be fine dude. Did you hear The Saints head coach about this? The media would have people think this is a death sentence when in reality as much as people don't want to hear it, it's gonna be like having the flu. Hopefully not even that bad.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:44 PM 04-25-2020
If we assume there are already millions of people with this as numbers suggest and it spreads that fast, I’d say that should end the testing as many people as possible discussion. It would be a colossal waste of time and money. We know people have it. We don’t need to test them.

Take Lewdog’s work for example. The only way testing would have any impact at on preventing the people there from spreading amongst themselves and the community is if every single worker was tested right away. Additionally, they would all have to self isolate until the results are in. No kids, spouses, stores, etc. Furthermore, all those infected would have to isolate for another two weeks. It’s a hospital right? Can it still run if 20% are left home? Maybe. So let’s say all of that happens, people miraculously follow through, and the place can stay open.

But then what about the 15-30% false negative rate? One can just assume some will test negative, be asymptomatic, and immediately start spreading it throughout the hospital all over again. So you’ve really accomplished next to nothing for the place as a whole.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:44 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
My theory on it is that they will have a higher peak now, but they’ll be done faster and can get back to life or some semblance of it

Where as these other places that locked down so hard are gonna either have a second spike and have to do this again or have a drawn out lock down. That’s gonna cause a whole host of other issues and if they end up having to lock down again, I dunno that people will handle it
I am really starting to buy into the theory there is multiple strains and one is more lethal than the others.

Cuomo said today that NY didn't have the strain from China, it came from Europe whereas CA has the China strain.
[Reply]
notorious 08:45 PM 04-25-2020
If that's the case we need to let the CA strain run wild to build our immunity.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:45 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If that’s the case though (I think it probably is) and it was spreading then, why wasn’t any of our hospitals over run?

I think this is another thing we may have undersold a bit when we first started with all this. Our hospitals and medical system is here legitimately better than anywhere in the world
Let's look at it this way, our models and medical professionals have not got a damn thing right about this so far. The models had millions dying and that didn't happen. NY was screaming for 30,000 additional ventilators and beds and all this shit and guess what? They don't need them. We were told even with the lockdowns our hospitals would be war zones. CA was talking about getting people out of retirement and what not. Did that happen? No and not only no but most of the country is laying off doctors and nurses.

At what point do you call this shit out? Yes, people are dying. Yes, we don't want to be careless. But no, most of what we have been told has been accurate.
[Reply]
tk13 08:46 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, no.
Yeah, yeah. You have nothing to back that idea up but a bunch of conspiracy bull.

Look at how they're just figuring out there were deaths earlier than we thought. We weren't testing at a high scale, and we didn't entirely know what to look for in the virus. Look at how we're just figuring out the COVID toes thing. It took weeks to figure out the digestive symptoms were a thing.

Odds are extremely high that they're missing cases and deaths. It's not like millions of cases but when you don't know all the things you're supposed to be looking for, you aren't going to catch everything. It's common sense.
[Reply]
limested 08:47 PM 04-25-2020
Seriously though, even if you have it you will be fine dude. Did you hear The Saints head coach about this? The media would have people think this is a death sentence when in reality as much as people don't want to hear it, it's gonna be like having the flu. Hopefully not even that bad.
Lew has asthma. That makes death from covid a legit concern. I am in the same boat.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:49 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am really starting to buy into the theory there is multiple strains and one is more lethal than the others.

Cuomo said today that NY didn't have the strain from China, it came from Europe whereas CA has the China strain.
Might be but you also have to look at viral load. A person in L.A. is exposed to the virus say while at work or at the store. But then then get in their car, drive to their home that isn't shared with anyone else.

In NY you get the same plus you get on the subway that everyone else rides and stand literally inches away from other people during said ride. Then you walk shoulder to shoulder to your apartment where you open the same door everyone else is opening, ride the same elevator everyone else is riding and then go down the same hallway to your apartment that everyone else walks down.

In other words you are constantly exposed no matter where you go.

so different strains? Possibly, sure. But also the amount of exposure I think seems to be in play as well.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:50 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
Lew has asthma. That makes death from covid a legit concern. I am in the same boat.
I didn't know that. That sucks. I will still give him shit but it still sucks.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:50 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Yeah, yeah. You have nothing to back that idea up but a bunch of conspiracy bull.

Look at how they're just figuring out there were deaths earlier than we thought. We weren't testing at a high scale, and we didn't entirely know what to look for in the virus. Look at how we're just figuring out the COVID toes thing. It took weeks to figure out the digestive symptoms were a thing.

Odds are extremely high that they're missing cases and deaths. It's not like millions of cases but when you don't know all the things you're supposed to be looking for, you aren't going to catch everything. It's common sense.
Uh huh
[Reply]
tk13 08:51 PM 04-25-2020
Uh huh
Thanks for your contribution Dr. Pete.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:52 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

Okay where did the staring from Europe come from?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:52 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Thanks for your contribution Dr. Pete.
NP, your bill will be mailed out shortly
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 PM 04-25-2020
Let's look at it this way, our models and medical professionals have not got a damn thing right about this so far. The models had millions dying and that didn't happen. NY was screaming for 30,000 additional ventilators and beds and all this shit and guess what? They don't need them. We were told even with the lockdowns our hospitals would be war zones. CA was talking about getting people out of retirement and what not. Did that happen? No and not only no but most of the country is laying off doctors and nurses.

At what point do you call this shit out? Yes, people are dying. Yes, we don't want to be careless. But no, most of what we have been told has been accurate.
I think people are missing this as well. It wasn’t millions of deaths in a month. Wasn’t that like over a year?
[Reply]
tk13 08:53 PM 04-25-2020
NP, your bill will be mailed out shortly
I'll keep an eye out. I assume it'll be written in crayon.
[Reply]
Page 1644 of 3903
« First < 644114415441594163416401641164216431644 164516461647164816541694174421442644 > Last »
Up