ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1582 of 3903
« First < 582108214821532157215781579158015811582 158315841585158615921632168220822582 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 11:19 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Right. But at this point in time, social distancing doesn't allow for nail tech's and hair stylists.
Verbatim from Colorado's guidelines:

"Personal services — hair and nail salons, dog groomers, personal training, tattoo parlors —can reopen with strict guidelines in place."
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:22 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Verbatim from Colorado's guidelines:

"Personal services — hair and nail salons, dog groomers, personal training, tattoo parlors —can reopen with strict guidelines in place."
Cool. I hope it works out so that other states can either follow suit or learn from any mistakes.

A close friend owns a salon in Hollywood and she's been shut down for more than a month. If there's a way she can safely reopen, it would be awesome for her and her family, including her husband and three young children.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:22 AM 04-22-2020
Good timing on the discussion and so I would think they are hearing from alot of business about the threat of potential lawsuits when they re-open.

I don't think they should be shielded if they don't take reasonable precautions though.

Originally Posted by :
White House Economic Adviser Larry Kudlow on Wednesday said that businesses should not be held responsible for employees or customers getting sick as governors move to reopen state economies.

Businesses, particularly small businesses that don’t have massive resources, should not be held liable — should not be held to trial lawyers putting on false lawsuits that will probably be thrown out of court,” Kudlow told CNBC. “You have to give the businesses some confidence here that if something happens, and it may not be their fault — I mean, the disease is an infectious disease.”

Kudlow continued: “If something happens, you can’t take them out of business. You can’t throw big lawsuits at them. And I think liability reforms and safeguards are going to be very important part of this. Some of this we can do probably on a regulatory basis. Part of it may require some additional legislation. But that’s a very important point here. Someone has to defend the businesses.”

[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:25 AM 04-22-2020
Insurance paying out on a liability claim would pretty common. Having a suit going to court would not. Insurance companies would probably just pay the medical bills and a bit more for loss of work pain and suffering if the claim wasn't catastrophic.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:35 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Insurance paying out on a liability claim would pretty common. Having a suit going to court would not. Insurance companies would probably just pay the medical bills and a bit more for loss of work pain and suffering if the claim wasn't catastrophic.
no fucking way is an insurance company going to want to pay.

have you ever dealt with one? i do every day almost. on cars and on medical stuff. just got off the phone with a lawyer less than 10 minutes ago and an insurance company is wanting to not pay for an xray done at the ER after being transported to a hospital via ambulance because their driver drove across 4 lanes on a highway and hit us head on...

they've argued every little detail on everything to TRY to get their settlement lower. not happening.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:38 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
no fucking way is an insurance company going to want to pay.

have you ever dealt with one? i do every day almost. on cars and on medical stuff. just got off the phone with a lawyer less than 10 minutes ago and an insurance company is wanting to not pay for an xray done at the ER after being transported to a hospital via ambulance because their driver drove across 4 lanes on a highway and hit us head on...

they've argued every little detail on everything to TRY to get their settlement lower. not happening.
I worked as a call service rep for insurance for 10 years but that doesn't mean I know anything. Just what I gathered in my time there.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:41 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
no ****ing way is an insurance company going to want to pay.

You have my sympathy trying to deal with asshole insurance people. Knowing they are dead wrong and still fighting tooth an nail.they try to just wear you out , hopefully the lawyer takes a load off your plate.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:46 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Could get pretty crazy. For liability, probably a ton of focus on errors and omissions. Did the business put enough safeguards in place. Same with work comp... A claimant will have to prove the virus was due to the course of employment and I bet directors and officers will quite a few lawsuits. The biggest issue continues to be business interruption and contingent interruption. It's not anybodys fault that most businesses exclude pandemics. But it leaves a big hole.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:47 AM 04-22-2020

[Reply]
ghak99 11:54 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
The 600 to 1 ratio isn't hypothetical. It is this the actual ratio of those who have lost their job in the last 8 weeks compared to those that have died and it is growing daily....
Ok.

Daface gave us the hypothetical specs, which was random people. I hear he likes numbers though, so maybe try arguing with him?
[Reply]
petegz28 11:55 AM 04-22-2020
What in the ever-loving fuck is going on in NY? I mean we all know they are a dense population but their numbers are just so fucking insanely out of whack with the rest of the entire country. And they still keep cranking out 5,000ish new cases a day. They have 262,000+ total cases. The next closest is NJ at 93k total cases.

What is or maybe more importantly isn't happening in NY?
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:58 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
What in the ever-loving **** is going on in NY? I mean we all know they are a dense population but their numbers are just so ****ing insanely out of whack with the rest of the entire country. And they still keep cranking out 5,000ish new cases a day. They have 262,000+ total cases. The next closest is NJ at 93k total cases.

Maybe people of Italian descent are more susceptible? (JK)

It really doesn't make sense.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:59 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
What in the ever-loving fuck is going on in NY? I mean we all know they are a dense population but their numbers are just so fucking insanely out of whack with the rest of the entire country. And they still keep cranking out 5,000ish new cases a day. They have 262,000+ total cases. The next closest is NJ at 93k total cases.

It's easier to avoid being within 20 feet of multiple people for sustained period of time everywhere else in the country?
[Reply]
petegz28 12:02 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
It's easier to avoid being within 20 foot of multiple people for sustained period of time everywhere else in the country?
Something, man. It just seems like it is a steady stream of people getting this up there unlike anywhere else.
[Reply]
O.city 12:04 PM 04-22-2020
It’s leveled it’s just not a quick descent
[Reply]
Page 1582 of 3903
« First < 582108214821532157215781579158015811582 158315841585158615921632168220822582 > Last »
Up