ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1522 of 3903
« First < 522102214221472151215181519152015211522 152315241525152615321572162220222522 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:55 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Right to work only means you dont have to pay union dues if you are working for a unionized company but arent actually in the union yourself.
Originally Posted by eDave:
It means a lot more than that.
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Sure but that's not totally it.

In Arizona, as in other states, employees work at will. This means an employee can be fired at any time and for any reason, or for no reason at all, as long as the reason for the firing is not illegal. Arizona law prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, genetic information, and HIV/AIDS. In Arizona, employers must comply with these laws if they have at least 15 employees.

You don't have the rights, ability or likely beneficial outcome to fight most terminations here, like you would say in the state of New York.
I can't speak to the terminology in AZ, but usually right to work and at-will employment are separate concepts with separate regulations.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:56 PM 04-19-2020
Right to work vs the unprecedented!

We all get a front row seat
[Reply]
lewdog 01:57 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I can't speak to the terminology in AZ, but usually right to work and at-will employment are separate concepts with separate regulations.
I think you're correct. I was using the wrong terminology with the description. Many people usually lump them together but they are in fact separate.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:58 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Yes, that's what a reasonable person would expect. :-)

Kids are spreaders, and if by having them in a store could potentially impact someone else's health, it does in fact become their business. I am only taking exception to that statement and outside of that I have no context of what the situation you're facing truly is, but you seem to be purposefully vague about it and I feel like there's probably a little more to it than them sitting in a cart. (7 year old?)

I will also add that while it can be someone else's business, and this part is just my opinion, what I would see as a justified reaction to it is quite limited. No, you're not breaking a law and you do what you have to do. I could easily see someone overreacting to it in which case I would not blame you for responding in kind.
I get it if they have no choice and no other adult to sit in the car.

Me and the wife only go into the store (not together) wearing a mask and leave our 4 yr old in the car with either me or the her depending on who wants to go in.

I've seen several families with their kids shopping as if things are normal, I just avoid them as best as I can even if it's unsafe and annoying. People should be limiting who goes in if they can.
[Reply]
eDave 01:59 PM 04-19-2020
+1 to BL. Thanks Bra.
[Reply]
Pablo 02:22 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I get it if they have no choice and no other adult to sit in the car.

Me and the wife only go into the store (not together) wearing a mask and leave our 4 yr old in the car with either me or the her depending on who wants to go in.

I've seen several families with their kids shopping as if things are normal, I just avoid them as best as I can even if it's unsafe and annoying. People should be limiting who goes in if they can.
I do the shopping for our family. I go out alone while my wife stays home with our son. Wearing a cloth mask this last time even! Felt like in was in a Clint Eastwood movie. I come home, wash my hands and disinfect everything I've touched and everything that came from the store in the garage and then bring things in as necessary. So, you know, trying to do the "right thing".

But then you've got families rolling around with all of their kids in tow just doing their best to fuck the whole thing up. And we all know kids love the grocery store. Did see a couple of 70+ year old couples tooling around in Hyvee the last time. They've got their own designated shopping time and everything, but running around touching canned soups at 3 in the afternoon does have a certain cachet to it.
[Reply]
TLO 02:37 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Deaths going down in MO. Of course the protesters tomorrow will try and change that.
Based on what numbers?
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:40 PM 04-19-2020
We went up 29 cases today or 1%. I know it’s Sunday but it might be time to update their clearly flawed model. Expecting 9300 cases by May 1st. Somehow Oklahoma is supposed to add 6700 cases in 11 days.

Meanwhile we’re at 179k new unemployment claims since March 1st.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:40 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I've wondered about the whole FMLA angle.
There is no FMLA angle unless you have a diagnosis. Going to be a lot of disappointed people fed a bunch of bullshit after all of this.
[Reply]
TLO 02:43 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
We went up 29 cases today or 1%. I know it’s Sunday but it might be time to update their clearly flawed model. Expecting 9300 cases by May 1st. Somehow Oklahoma is supposed to add 6700 cases in 11 days.

Meanwhile we’re at 179k new unemployment claims since March 1st.
How much testing has Oklahoma done?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:46 PM 04-19-2020
Hour and fifteen minutes wait to enter the dispensary the other day. 2 at a time.
What????????????

I placed an order on www.thekindcenter.com two Thursday ago and they brought it out to my car within a few minutes of notifying them that I was outside.

I could have done delivery, which would have only cost $5 dollars, so maybe I'll go that route later next month.

No deliveries or curb side pickup in your area?
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:50 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
How much testing has Oklahoma done?
Looks like 35k.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:01 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
How do those of you that live in Kansas feel about being the state that has done the least amount of testing per capita?

Largest hospital in the city/region that resides on the Kansas side that would likely see the most cases has 33 hospitalizations, 15 on ventilators, and has had 59 discharged. As for testing there doesn’t really seem to be a defined area that is in dire need of increased testing that I’m aware of. The cases seem pretty spread out and with about a 10% positive result on tests I think continuing tests as needed is acceptable. But should a spot emerge I would hope more aggressive testing would ensue.
[Reply]
eDave 03:04 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What????????????

I placed an order on www.thekindcenter.com two Thursday ago and they brought it out to my car within a few minutes of notifying them that I was outside.

I could have done delivery, which would have only cost $5 dollars, so maybe I'll go that route later next month.

No deliveries or curb side pickup in your area?
Here's the deal. I do not have a card. I cannot get a card as I have no medical records since I left mon and dad's. Now, my usual delivery mechanism was deported so now I have to find a new source. So a friend took me with him. This despensary is in Mesa so there were a lot of sketches waiting.

I got shit to work out.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:06 PM 04-19-2020
Here's the deal. I do not have a card. I cannot get a card as I have no medical records since I left mon and dad's. Now, my usual delivery mechanism was deported so now I have to find a new source. So a friend took me with him.

I got shit work out.
Is it difficult to get a card in AZ?

Just about everyone I know had a card before CA went recreational. It was as easy as dropping $30 dollars and telling the doctor at the dispensary "I'm suffering from anxiety and don't like how the pharmaceuticals make me feel".

It took maybe 10 minutes.
[Reply]
Page 1522 of 3903
« First < 522102214221472151215181519152015211522 152315241525152615321572162220222522 > Last »
Up