ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1141 of 3903
« First < 14164110411091113111371138113911401141 114211431144114511511191124116412141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:31 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
He missed on the biggest issue in 100 years. Sorry, I can't just poo poo that one away and shrug my shoulders.
If only it was that simple. Everyone did. I guess every medical expert in the world sucks. Like it or not he is the best we got.
[Reply]
TLO 09:39 PM 04-05-2020
They updated this - Holy smokes things have changed.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
[Reply]
RunKC 09:40 PM 04-05-2020
“This is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment, our 9/11 moment,” U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams

How bad do we think this week is gonna be?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:46 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
He missed on the biggest issue in 100 years. Sorry, I can't just poo poo that one away and shrug my shoulders.

Perhaps publicly but unless he ever came out and said he underestimated it then we would probably never know for sure what his advice might have been behind the scenes. I think he is serving a necessary but impossible role of trying to say things that produce the least amount of reaction while maintaining a steady presence of remaining open to possibilities.

The quotes earlier about the chloroquine treatment that were posted are a perfect example. He basically said nothing when he said it may be effective and it may not and that’s perfectly fine from him I think. He doesn’t say don’t give it because it’s malpractice or the other extreme and say you should absolutely give it. He has to be as measured as possible and avoid definitive statements where possible to avoid unnecessary controversy.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:49 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
They updated this - Holy smokes things have changed.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
"...assuming full social distancing"

I think we all can agree that that isn't happening and I sure hope those projections are off. Just based off traffic on the roadways here very few people are truly only going out for essentials and when they do they have no regard for social distancing when they're after a specific thing.
[Reply]
TLO 09:53 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:

I think we all can agree that that isn't happening and I sure hope those projections are off. Just based off traffic on the roadways here very few people are truly only going out for essentials and when they do they have no regard for social distancing when they're after a specific thing.
But the numbers have dropped dramatically.. Like.. A staggering amount. I don't know if I trust this model, but I want to.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:54 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Why throw in the insult , seems a little childish and probably doesn’t do you any favours trying to convince people to see your point of view.
It's cuz SRVY is a complete jackass and should kill himself.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:56 PM 04-05-2020
So. NY has over 200 deaths per million and California has 4.5 per million.
That. Or AM radio is lying
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:58 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:

been saying that from the jump. The economy says different but the eye test people are doing the same shit the always do especially if they didn't have the money to begin with to go to restaurants bars nightclubs concerts bowling etc.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:58 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Perhaps publicly but unless he ever came out and said he underestimated it then we would probably never know for sure what his advice might have been behind the scenes. I think he is serving a necessary but impossible role of trying to say things that produce the least amount of reaction while maintaining a steady presence of remaining open to possibilities.

The quotes earlier about the chloroquine treatment that were posted are a perfect example. He basically said nothing when he said it may be effective and it may not and that’s perfectly fine from him I think. He doesn’t say don’t give it because it’s malpractice or the other extreme and say you should absolutely give it. He has to be as measured as possible and avoid definitive statements where possible to avoid unnecessary controversy.
Very true. Gotta believe if he wasn't doing a good job he would have been replaced by now.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:58 PM 04-05-2020
I think the stupid ass Gov. of MO is doing this whole stay at home order a little too late. For the last month I've been out a ton and the stores are completely full and then Friday he announces this order and Wal-Mart looked like it does around Thanksgiving and Christmas. This shit has already spread and it's just a matter of time.
[Reply]
jdubya 09:58 PM 04-05-2020
Interesting

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...yvYY4GjDWqpzF0
[Reply]
blake5676 09:59 PM 04-05-2020
Missouri was at somewhere around 2k projected deaths a few updates ago and now we're all the way down to 350ish? And last update had our peak all the way in late May and now we're back to peaking in about two weeks.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:59 PM 04-05-2020
I believe projections of death are off by a factor of over 10.
I pray Im right
[Reply]
Monticore 10:00 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Who has the best maple syrup in Canuck land?
No clue the Quebec mafia maybe.
[Reply]
Page 1141 of 3903
« First < 14164110411091113111371138113911401141 114211431144114511511191124116412141 > Last »
Up