ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1137 of 3903
« First < 13763710371087112711331134113511361137 113811391140114111471187123716372137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 07:11 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
You are completely contradictory. Either you believe it was a threat and we should be worried about it on that date or you don’t. He said it “wasn’t a major threat and people shouldn’t be worried right now.” You responded he was right.

Yet you believe preventative measures on that day were needed. So you seem to disagree with him because if he was right then he would have started talking about the need to take preventative measures. So was he right then or are you right that preventative measures were needed then?

This is all moot anyways because just based on his statement, even with the “right now” qualifier you are hanging on to, he was wrong based on what we now know. It was obviously a threat at that time and we should have started worrying about it then.
In retrospect, sure. Sorry if that wasn't clear. But at the time, he was completely correct. One case isn't a major threat.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:13 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I miss you sometimes. Not often but sometimes. :-)
Maybe if we both live through this I'll make the trip down there to one of your awesome tailgates. My daughter in Cape Coral wants to do it but thinks the heat of September would kill me. WTH are all our games in FL that early in the season?
[Reply]
jdubya 07:16 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
The economic collapse would be significantly worse if we did not have or lifted to early the SIP protocols and the hospitals and healthcare system got overloaded and led to significant deaths of both COVID and “normal” hospitalizations.
I agree 100%. I am uncertain how long SIP is sustainable is all.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 07:17 PM 04-05-2020
I cannot believe how damn stupid Trump is being with this, he has lost the election over this.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:18 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
As someone who spends far too much time following this thread, we go through cycles throughout each day.

We start with doom and gloom hour.
We then get pissed with one another for a little bit. (Usually something political is brought up, but it's policed pretty well by the regulars in here)
Something optimistic is shared. We discuss theraputics and such
BRC says something about ventilators.
Sometimes at this point Austin Chief shows up and it turns into a bloodbath for a while. I stand back and don't dare get involved.
We all kind of lighten up for a while. I guess because it's lunch time.
Afternoon reports come out and we're back to doom and gloom.
Deberg or someone else random posts a random tweet that's kind of funny and takes our minds off doom and gloom.
The President has his daily press briefing and everyone gets kinda pissy again. (More borderline political stuff pops up, but again, it's usually policed pretty well)
Demonpenz pops in and says something I have to read 3 or 4 times to try and figure out what he means.
I assume people start drinking because the mood lightens. We discuss daily numbers and hope for a better outcome tomorrow.
End
:-)
[Reply]
jdubya 07:19 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes. Certain fringers think that Dr. Fauci is a globalist fascist with an agenda. Blah blah blah.

Oh, and don't tase me, bro. You asked.
Confirming that isnt directed to me is it? I said no such things
[Reply]
Donger 07:19 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
I cannot believe how damn stupid Trump is being with this, he has lost the election over this.
Do you know what egregious means?
[Reply]
jdubya 07:20 PM 04-05-2020
speaking of politics
[Reply]
Bowser 07:20 PM 04-05-2020

[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:24 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
In retrospect, sure. Sorry if that wasn't clear. But at the time, he was completely correct. One case isn't a major threat.

Come on. He clearly wasn’t correct when he said that. A threat is not a present existent danger. It is a future possible negative outcome. Given what happened it was obviously a threat back then. We should have been worried about it. And as you said we should have been taking preventative measures. Unless something is a threat, you don’t take preventative measures. If he said it’s not affecting us right now or something he’d have been correct.

Yes we are talking with the benefit of hindsight as I think that was the context that jtubya is talking about with his thoughts on Dr. Fauci. If anyone probably should have been sounding alarms it’s Dr. Fauci. Of course I fully acknowledge he may well have been doing that behind the scenes.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:24 PM 04-05-2020
Uh oh. Now that is Political.
[Reply]
TLO 07:25 PM 04-05-2020
Did you find your Coke?
[Reply]
srvy 07:25 PM 04-05-2020
Nothing wrong with anything jdubya said fresh thinking and fresh minds should be welcomed. We may discover the next brilliant mind that gets this thing licked. Dr. Fauci is in his 80s it could be slipping upstairs and I am sure he probably has young fresh minds in the backgrounding do most the work.

Instead, we have the same handful of non-political coronavirus junkies posting day and night with the same boring comments thinking they have all the answers and know it all because Dr Fausi said so. They skirt the edges of political posts then cry bloody murder when they think someone did what they constantly do.
[Reply]
TLO 07:27 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Nothing wrong with anything jdubya said fresh thinking and fresh minds should be welcomed. We may discover the next brilliant mind that gets this thing licked. Dr. Fauci is in his 80s it could be slipping upstairs and I am sure he probably has young fresh minds in the backgrounding do most the work.

Instead, we have the same handful of non-political coronavirus junkies posting day and night with the same boring comments thinking they have all the answers and know it all because Dr Fausi said so. They skirt the edges of political posts then cry bloody murder when they think someone did what they constantly do.
I'm sure there are fresh minds working behind the curtains. We won't hear about them for a while, but they'll all be recognized in time. The younger group should absorb anything and everything they can from both Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci. They'll look back some day and realize what a blessing it was to be able to work with these two individuals.

As for your rest of your statement, meh. I don't think anybody believes they have all the answers. We discuss new ideas in here every day.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:30 PM 04-05-2020
Sonofabitch, I wanted to boot Ubeja Vontell. That's what I get for taking a break from reading this thread.
[Reply]
Page 1137 of 3903
« First < 13763710371087112711331134113511361137 113811391140114111471187123716372137 > Last »
Up