ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1136 of 3903
« First < 13663610361086112611321133113411351136 113711381139114011461186123616362136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:57 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Of course.

So it is something we should have been worrying about on January 21. He was wrong then by your measure?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:57 PM 04-05-2020
Ok, I see no evidence that is what he is doing. You two seem to be steering it that way though, so please drop it.
okay, dropped.
[Reply]
TLO 06:58 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Would preventative measures have been helpful at that time?
We would have had to keep every single person from every single region of the world from entering our country. Even by that date it may have been too late. The virus was likely already here.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:59 PM 04-05-2020
Ok, I see no evidence that is what he is doing. You two seem to be steering it that way though, so please drop it.
Yeah, this is the kind of shit that makes it impossible....

jdubya - I didn't read it as political, but figured from responses there was some kind of leakage from DC. As you said, it obviously got steered that way.

BRC's "the president has no business pushing an unproven drug from the White House podium...." - I'd say it kind of toes the line, but I get how the post in itself isn't political... it's about "leadership" and I assume talking about the difference between a leader and a doctor recommending an unproven drug.... OTOH, it can also easily be steered that direction.

LiveSteam's Dr. Deepstate -- I had to google that, but yeah, obviously DC.

I really don't get why it's so fucking hard for people.
[Reply]
Donger 06:59 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
So it is something we should have been worrying about on January 21. He was wrong then by your measure?
He was worried about it. He said it should be taken seriously. He said it wasn't a major threat "at this time." Which was when there was one case here.

No, he wasn't wrong at all.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:00 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
how is that political?

Saying those who are advocating for Americans to take unproven drugs is wrong is now a political statement.
okay, dropped. :-)
[Reply]
TLO 07:01 PM 04-05-2020
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:02 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
okay, dropped. :-)
I miss you sometimes. Not often but sometimes. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 07:02 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
:-):-):-):-)
What's wrong with you!? That is NOT social distancing!
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:03 PM 04-05-2020
Anyways...

Anything to take away from today’s new cases/deaths compared to the last few days? Doesn’t seem like we have deviated much, of any, from the totals over the last few days....

Could this be the beginning of the curve flattening out?
[Reply]
Bowser 07:06 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Anyways...

Anything to take away from today’s new cases/deaths compared to the last few days? Doesn’t seem like we have deviated much, of any, from the totals over the last few days....

That would be a welcome sight. But didn't this happen last Sunday with the numbers, as well? *not jinxing*
[Reply]
Donger 07:07 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Anyways...

I can't imagine that we'll see another 10,000 new cases today. If so, that's a good day, but that's all it is. We need to see a few days to a week of decline, even with an occasional outlier day.

I've posted this before, but here's this year's flu season:

As you can see, it's not a pretty curve. But trends can be seen. And pretty much every year looks like this. I'm a freak, so I follow it every year. And that's with no mitigation.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:08 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
He was worried about it. He said it should be taken seriously. He said it wasn't a major threat "at this time." Which was when there was one case here.

No, he wasn't wrong at all.

You are completely contradictory. Either you believe it was a threat and we should be worried about it on that date or you don’t. He said it “wasn’t a major threat and people shouldn’t be worried right now.” You responded he was right.

Yet you believe preventative measures on that day were needed. So you seem to disagree with him because if he was right then he would have started talking about the need to take preventative measures. So was he right then or are you right that preventative measures were needed then?

This is all moot anyways because just based on his statement, even with the “right now” qualifier you are hanging on to, he was wrong based on what we now know. It was obviously a threat at that time and we should have started worrying about it then.
[Reply]
TLO 07:09 PM 04-05-2020
It's not.
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, this is the kind of shit that makes it impossible....

jdubya - I didn't read it as political, but figured from responses there was some kind of leakage from DC. As you said, it obviously got steered that way.

BRC's "the president has no business pushing an unproven drug from the White House podium...." - I'd say it kind of toes the line, but I get how the post in itself isn't political... it's about "leadership" and I assume talking about the difference between a leader and a doctor recommending an unproven drug.... OTOH, it can also easily be steered that direction.

LiveSteam's Dr. Deepstate -- I had to google that, but yeah, obviously DC.

I really don't get why it's so ****ing hard for people.
As someone who spends far too much time following this thread, we go through cycles throughout each day.

We start with doom and gloom hour.
We then get pissed with one another for a little bit. (Usually something political is brought up, but it's policed pretty well by the regulars in here)
Something optimistic is shared. We discuss theraputics and such
BRC says something about ventilators.
Sometimes at this point Austin Chief shows up and it turns into a bloodbath for a while. I stand back and don't dare get involved.
We all kind of lighten up for a while. I guess because it's lunch time.
Afternoon reports come out and we're back to doom and gloom.
Deberg or someone else random posts a random tweet that's kind of funny and takes our minds off doom and gloom.
The President has his daily press briefing and everyone gets kinda pissy again. (More borderline political stuff pops up, but again, it's usually policed pretty well)
Demonpenz pops in and says something I have to read 3 or 4 times to try and figure out what he means.
I assume people start drinking because the mood lightens. We discuss daily numbers and hope for a better outcome tomorrow.
End
[Reply]
Donger 07:10 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That would be a welcome sight. But didn't this happen last Sunday with the numbers, as well? *not jinxing*
No. March 29 was the penultimate day of when the curve was going convex. Then March 31 fucked things up, darn it.
[Reply]
Page 1136 of 3903
« First < 13663610361086112611321133113411351136 113711381139114011461186123616362136 > Last »
Up