ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which loser wins tonight?
Bengals 35 66.04%
Browns 18 33.96%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 21
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Thursday Night Disappointment - Bengals @ Browns ***
TribalElder 09:26 AM 09-17-2020
Bengals (0-1)
@
Browns (0-1)

battle of the winless teams
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:08 AM 09-17-2020
Burrow had a nice drive to end the game against the Chargers. Got boned by an Offensive PI call on AJ Green.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:23 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Burrow had a nice drive to end the game against the Chargers. Got boned by an Offensive PI call on AJ Green.
I thought the offensive PI call on Green was legit, only way he created separation was the push off. The Cowboys vs Rams offensive PI on Gallup on the other hand I thought was bogus.

I just found out yesterday actually that pass interference is not challengeable this season. Last year was only a 1 year experiment apparently.
[Reply]
JD10367 11:30 AM 09-17-2020
Burrow already > Mayfield.

Bengals win 17-6 and Mayfield has two turnovers, marking the official “beginning of the end of his career”.
[Reply]
TLO 11:32 AM 09-17-2020
Go Bengals I guess? :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:39 AM 09-17-2020
In the game clips that I saw from last week, Baker doesn't look comfortable at all. But I figured it would take a few weeks for him and the rest of the offense to get used to Stefanski's system. Probably 6-8 weeks.

But the real problem is that Baker isn't apparently running the offense as scripted. If you go back and look at last week's game, some of the plays were executed pretty well and Baker had guys wide open, but didn't throw to them for some reason. Tnight's game will be interesting to see if he takes what the defense gives him.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:41 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Burrow already > Mayfield.

Bengals win 17-6 and Mayfield has two turnovers, marking the official “beginning of the end of his career”.
Just watching Burrow on Sunday you could tell he is the real deal and definitely will have a better career than Mayfield. To bad though he is playing for a shit organization.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:27 PM 09-17-2020
Think about some bets...

Chubb over/under of 75.5 rush yards feels like stealing if he doesn’t get hurt early.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:32 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
But the real problem is that Baker isn't apparently running the offense as scripted. If you go back and look at last week's game, some of the plays were executed pretty well and Baker had guys wide open, but didn't throw to them for some reason. Tonight's game will be interesting to see if he takes what the defense gives him.
That's what I noticed too. Mayfield had plenty of time to throw. He either misread the defense or just showed very poor accuracy on a lot of plays. Considering accuracy was supposed to be his biggest strength coming into the league, it's not a good sign. It sure looks like regression instead of improvement as he gains more experience at the pro level.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:35 PM 09-17-2020

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:40 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
That's what I noticed too. Mayfield had plenty of time to throw. He either misread the defense or just showed very poor accuracy on a lot of plays. Considering accuracy was supposed to be his biggest strength coming into the league, it's not a good sign. It sure looks like regression instead of improvement as he gains more experience at the pro level.
Agreed. He was all over the place. But his entire college and pro career has been about accuracy, and a really high level of accuracy. So I wonder if what happened last week was an outlier performance. Everyone has them. I guess we'll see tonight.

My theory, which is based mostly on just my gut, is that he had a little of the 'first game of the season' jitters, combined with not being entirely comfortable with the new scheme, the third one he's had to learn in three years, plus just pressing too hard. He wants to have a big performance; to hit a homerun, on every play. He needs to just take what the defense gives him and be patient. Sooner or later the defense will give him a chance to make a big downfield play. I think he's trying to manufacture something that isn't there.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:46 PM 09-17-2020
From what I see, Baker isn’t playing within his skill set.

He’s trying to make magic like the Mahomes/Murray/Jackson types, but lacks the athleticism to do so.

He just needs to trust his scheme and reads. The talent is around him to be very successful.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:46 PM 09-17-2020
Baket is a douchebag but Browns win tonight.
[Reply]
CervezaChill 12:49 PM 09-17-2020
I am weirdly invested in a Browns-Bengals game this year. I am one of the few people who actually root for Baker (actually had a class at Tech with him) so hope he wins but I also can see them being bodied by Burrow.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:49 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Think about some bets...

Chubb over/under of 75.5 rush yards feels like stealing if he doesn’t get hurt early.
The player prop bet I like is Burrow over 22.5 yards rushing.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:04 PM 09-17-2020
Burrow unloads.

328 yards passing 3 TDs. 1 int
[Reply]
Page 2 of 21
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up