ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Replica Superbowl ring
FlaChief58 07:21 AM 09-03-2020
Just a heads up for anyone who wants a replica ring, eBay already has them, but they're going fast. I just ordered a size 11. They're out of the larger sizes, but do have 11 and below. They also out of display boxes
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 12:43 PM 09-03-2020
They all look great, if you've drank enough alcohol.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:49 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The Chiefs sent me an email. Josten's in Topeka makes the "official" ones. The top of the line model is twelve grand!
wow, breaking the big bucks for diamonds and rubies.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:18 PM 09-03-2020
Couldn't justify spending $12,000 on a replica SB ring normally, and as I'm probably buying a new truck in a few months, that's 100% off the table.

But I couldn't biuy a $50 replica either. It's going to be made of some base metal, plus it's made in China so I know the plating will be as cheaply done as possible, meaning it will likely flake off in relatively short order.

Might consider the $700 version or whatever, after I get that truck . . .
[Reply]
srvy 01:25 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That doesn’t look like the original.
No it doesnt.

Material :Environmental Zinc Alloy Crystal Stone,Absolutely Solid Ring Not Hollow.
Size : From US Size 9-13, Weight Is About 2.2 oz.
Features : Exquisite Deep & Detailed Engraving & Handcrafted By The Craftsmen With Great Skills.
Package : Comes With Black Gift Box.
Gift : Great Gift For Kansas City Chiefs Fan. Feel Free To Exchange Or Return It If You Do Not Love It.

Highlighted is good to know lol
[Reply]
loochy 01:26 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
But I couldn't biuy a $50 replica either. It's going to be made of some base metal, plus it's made in China so I know the plating will be as cheaply done as possible, meaning it will likely flake off in relatively short order.
Mine's going to sit on a shelf. Who cares?
[Reply]
Monty 01:33 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
That's where I'm at. I might wear this cheap ring once or twice, but am still holding out for official replica later on when finances are better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:34 PM 09-03-2020
So would mine. I'm not one of those tools that would actually wear the thing around.

I'm just saying that for myself, I wouldn't buy a $50 ring.

Btw, if it's done cheaply enough I've seen 'gold plating' flake off just sitting on a shelf in just a few years.

At a bare minimum I would try to find an American company replica; the plating would probably be better.

But again, that's just me.

But I sincerely hope that your ring,wherever it was made, keeps its luster for as long as you have it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:47 PM 09-03-2020
Yep. I don't care if it's cheaply made so long as it looks like the real thing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:47 PM 09-03-2020
So would mine. I'm not one of those tools that would actually wear the thing around.

I'm just saying that for myself, I wouldn't buy a $50 ring.

Btw, if it's done cheaply enough I've seen 'gold plating' flake off just sitting on a shelf in just a few years.

At a bare minimum I would try to find an American company replica; the plating would probably be better.

But again, that's just me.

But I sincerely hope that your ring,wherever it was made, keeps its luster for as long as you have it.
Maybe once the market settles down a bit, American made ones will be easier to find and more reasonably priced?
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:55 PM 09-03-2020
Couldn't justify spending $12,000 on a replica SB ring normally, and as I'm probably buying a new truck in a few months, that's 100% off the table.

Might consider the $700 version or whatever, after I get that truck . . .
And if it's made in China you'll have to explain to people what Super Bowl RIV is.
[Reply]
Monty 02:00 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
And if it's made in China you'll have to explain to people what Super Bowl RIV is.
Well played sir. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:00 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Maybe once the market settles down a bit, American made ones will be easier to find and more reasonably priced?
That would be nice. I'm not necessarily holding my breath though.

Honestly, I learned an immutable fact years ago while trying to collect other things, like pool cues, guns, rare fly reels, the stock market, etc., and it's this:

More often than not, if you find something you really want, but you decide to wait for any significant period of time, the odds that thing will be there declines rapidly toward zero with every passing day.

In other words, if you can afford it, just buy it ASAP, because it won't be there when you finally decide that it's "a better time." This axiom has played out exactly in my life countless times, and I can't remember a time when I was right to wait. Either I end up having to spend the money elsewhere, or more commonly they just stop making the damned thing. Or they make it, but they change it in some way that makes it much less desirable, or whatever.

Personally, I'm hoping the "window" is going to be about 8 months to a year. And that the price drops a little.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:01 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Hahahaha, now that's funny. Tip of the hat . . .
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:38 PM 09-03-2020
Found this site that makes more expensive replicas, but not quite at the Jostens price points. They do not have the Chiefs ring on their site yet:

https://bylees.com/

They do have a nice looking SBIV ring for $185.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:40 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
DreamRings 2019-2020 Kansas City Super Bowl LIV Replica Chiefs Championship KC Ring MVP mahomes with Deluxe Walnut Box Size 8-14 Gifts for Kids Youth Mens Boys Fathers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D3G75Q3..._i1suFb7F96HNM
I am looking at this one. Will be here quick and the price is reasonable with a box.

Just gotta finger out my ring size...havent bought a ring other than my wedding ring in 25 years LOL.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up