ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 341
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Kaepernick 04:32 PM 09-18-2015
How are ammo prices these days?

Are they making .22LR again and is it cheap again?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:42 PM 09-18-2015
I seen CCI mini mags on Wallmarts ammo shelf for the first time in eight years ladt week.Didn't look at the price.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:42 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by Kaepernick:
How are ammo prices these days?

Are they making .22LR again and is it cheap again?
They never quit making them and you could always get them but prices are sill nuts unless you can find some kind of a sale. I stocked up on everything a long time ago so I rarely check ammo prices these days.
[Reply]
Munson 06:23 PM 09-18-2015
Some places have lowered their ammo prices to near pre-panic levels. You just gotta know where to look.

But 22 is still hard to find for a decent price. Consider yourself lucky if you find any 22 for less than 5 or 6 cents per round.
[Reply]
Munson 06:24 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
Munson bumped the guns thread after the loss last night......:-)

It had to be done.
[Reply]
notorious 06:25 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by Munson:
It had to be done.
My first thought was that someone needed a gun to, you know.....:-)
[Reply]
LiveSteam 01:35 AM 09-19-2015
I bought a St Louis Hawkens . goona have the brass patch case that's imbedded in the butt stock engraved with.
Hatchet Jack Kelly...:-)
[Reply]
Kaepernick 11:39 AM 09-19-2015
Originally Posted by Bwana:
They never quit making them and you could always get them but prices are sill nuts unless you can find some kind of a sale. I stocked up on everything a long time ago so I rarely check ammo prices these days.
I stockpile too but you want to restock any time prices dip. I was just checking. Sounds like not a good time to restock. Then again, ammo prices may never go back down. You just don't know. I should stock up some more just in case they ban lead bullets nationwide and prices leap.
[Reply]
Munson 06:21 PM 09-27-2015
Just picked up a Ruger Single Six .22LR revolver from Cabela's. I've been wanting one of these for years. According to the serial number, it was made in late 1960.

[Reply]
notorious 06:23 PM 09-27-2015
I didn't know that Cabelas sold old arms.

Oh, Munson, it's funnier if you bump the guns thread right after a Chiefs meltdown. We all want to kill something at that point.
[Reply]
Munson 06:31 PM 09-27-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
I didn't know that Cabelas sold old arms.

Oh, Munson, it's funnier if you bump the guns thread right after a Chiefs meltdown. We all want to kill something at that point.
Cabela's sells lots of used guns, but most of them are overpriced. The Ruger I bought happened to be listed at a fair price.

And believe me......if the Chiefs embarrass themselves again, I'll bump this motherfucker! :-)
[Reply]
Munson 12:02 AM 09-29-2015
Well, the Chiefs disappointed me.....

...but my newly acquired Single Six did not! :-)

Took it to the range earlier in the day and it performed beautifully. It might be the most fun I've had with a .22 in a long time. Gotta love those single action revolvers.
[Reply]
notorious 03:43 PM 10-20-2015
Welcome to the 21 century.

http://bearingarms.com/russian-milit...d-you-can-too/

Russian military upgrades to AK-12… and you can, too.

The Russian military hasn’t had a significant assault rifle upgrade since the AK-74, but that is about to change with the adoption of the AK-12, which is entering service in 2014:

Various modifications of a new Kalashnikov AK-12 assault rifle as well as a host of other small arms will be put in service with the Russian armed forces in 2014, a senior government official said.

“In 2014, the Russian army will start receiving new assault rifles, handguns, machine guns and sniper rifles, including 5.45-mm and 7.62-mm variants of the Kalashnikov AK-12 assault rifle,” Deputy Chairman of the Military-Industrial Commission, Oleg Bochkarev, said in an interview with Echo Moskvy radio on Monday.

Development of the AK-12 began in mid-2011. The new weapon retains the overall layout and features of the AK-74, in service with the Russian army since the 1970s, but features several modifications and ergonomic changes.

The new assault rifle has being developed as a basic platform for nearly 20 different modifications of the weapon.

The rifle features three firing modes: single shot, three-shot burst and automatic fire. The muzzle of the AK-12 has been designed to shoot foreign-standard barrel-mounted grenades.

The word on the AK-12 is that it is a “old-new” design, taken the proven principles behind the older AK-patterns and incorporating features common to more modern western assault rifles.

It will be interesting to see if the Russian military AK-12 standardizes the use of the quad-stack 60-round “coffin” magazine, or if they’ll keep using the tens of millions of standard 30-round magazines as their first-line magazines.

AK12-Stock

Interestingly enough, The Firearms Blog is reporting that Izhmash may be exporting a semi-automatic civilian version of the AK-12 to the United States this year, so there is a chance you might get your hands on the civilian version of the latest Russian AK before the Russian military does.
[Reply]
notorious 03:44 PM 10-20-2015
I bet the pieces of shit in Washington are going to try and block the import of this rifle.

Oh, and the SCAR should be in deep trouble since this will be chamber in 5.56 and .308.
[Reply]
KC native 03:49 PM 10-20-2015
Glad someone bumped this.

The ex needs a cc piece for when she is visiting her clients in the hood. She had my gun in the glove box one night and it saved her ass.

Could you gun nerds give me a couple recommendations for a small purse carry gun? Open to .380,9, and .40. Needs to be small and dependable (some .380s have a rep for jamming all the time). Not looking for the cheapest deal around.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 341
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up