ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 311 of 791
« First < 211261301307308309310311 312313314315321361411 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:02 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I posted that above
Zero fucks given, Penbrook.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 04:03 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Been seeing shit all day about the Giants potentially shipping out OBJ. They can't be THAT stupid, right?
There’s been smoke around him for months. It’s bound to happen.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:03 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Let’s look at the teams who have thrown out dumb deals so far. There is a reason why none of them made the playoffs. You make your bread and butter through the draft
My main complaint isn't that we're not throwing around stupid money, because I agree with this. My complaint is that until proven otherwise this team fucking sucks at finding defensive talent in the draft. With us cutting Houston and likely trading Ford we're depending on the franchise that drafted Speaks and Kpass in the 2nd the last 2 years to rebuild the defense through the draft? Mahomes is probably 1-2 years away from making bank and tying up a large percentage of our cap. Are we really maximizing our chance right now to make a run while Mahomes is cheap? It's still early, but I'm pretty skeptical right now.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:03 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Zero ****s given, Penbrook.
:-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:03 PM 03-11-2019
While I'm glad we haven't thrown stupid money at anyone, I'm also slightly bummed that we are currently paying the reigning league MVP peanuts, and STILL can't afford to pay anyone else.

Gonna have to hope Veach nails the draft and the handful of c-level FA's he brings in.

Or that some guys who sucked donkey dick last year show massive improvement in the new defensive scheme.
[Reply]
booger 04:04 PM 03-11-2019
Boston was coached last year by Dave Merritt so good or bad he has an opinion on him
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:05 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55:
While I'm glad we haven't thrown stupid money at anyone, I'm also slightly bummed that we are currently paying the reigning league MVP peanuts, and STILL can't afford to pay anyone else.

Gonna have to hope Veach nails the draft and the handful of c-level FA's he brings in.

Or that some guys who sucked donkey dick last year show massive improvement in the new defensive scheme.
Veach and the Chiefs front office have a long history of excellence at drafting defense, don't you worry!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:06 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
There’s been smoke around him for months. It’s bound to happen.
From idiots looking to manufacture news.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:06 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
My main complaint isn't that we're not throwing around stupid money, because I agree with this. My complaint is that until proven otherwise this team ****ing sucks at finding defensive talent in the draft. With us cutting Houston and likely trading Ford we're depending on the franchise that drafted Speaks and Kpass in the 2nd the last 2 years to rebuild the defense through the draft? Mahomes is probably 1-2 years away from making bank and tying up a large percentage of our cap. Are we really maximizing our chance right now to make a run while Mahomes is cheap? It's still early, but I'm pretty skeptical right now.
Yes, they are winning so far- by not giving out extraordinary contracts to above average talent like the Faders.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:07 PM 03-11-2019
Veach and the Chiefs front office have a long history of excellence at drafting defense, don't you worry!
He's had one draft running the show with his first pick at 45. I've got my own reservations about Veach but let's at least give him a shot with a fully loaded gun.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:09 PM 03-11-2019

Eagles send a 6th-rd pick in 2019 to Tampa and get back a 7th in 2020 along with WR DeSean Jackson, per @mortreport. Jackson gets $13 million guaranteed on a restructure.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 04:09 PM 03-11-2019
With no first rd pick and only a year with his draft picks? Really?

Wtf is wrong with you?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:10 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yes, they are winning so far- by not giving out extraordinary contracts to above average talent like the Faders.
With that said, we're spending $52.6M this year on Berry, Ford, Fisher and Houston.

4 non-difference makers - including one who isn't even on the roster - taking up damn near 30% of the cap.

So yeah, we've given some STUPID contracts.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:10 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He's had one draft running the show with his first pick at 45. I've got my own reservations about Veach but let's at least give him a shot with a fully loaded gun.
That's why I added "Chiefs front office" to the sentence. He's not the same as Dorsey, but IMO he continued the same worrying trend of being absolutely blind when it comes to scouting defense. Does anyone really think Speaks, Watts, DOD, or Nnadi have shown enough to be considered anything more than subpar players?
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:10 PM 03-11-2019
Give me Adrian Amos and Cameron Wake tomorrow morning.
[Reply]
Page 311 of 791
« First < 211261301307308309310311 312313314315321361411 > Last »
Up