ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Chiefs worry about sagging pass-rush production?
htismaqe 10:22 AM 11-26-2020
https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-cit...ush-production

Should Chiefs worry about sagging pass-rush production?

Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs paid big money to Jones and Clark -- on average $20 million per year through 2023 for Jones and $20.8 million through 2023 for Clark -- to lead their pass rush in games such as Sunday's in Las Vegas, but they aren't always getting results. They are 21st in sacks per opponent dropbacks, at 5%, though they are leading the NFL in pass-rush pressure, which they are getting on almost 40% of the opponent's dropbacks. So while the Chiefs are frequently affecting the opposing quarterback, getting him off his spot or rushing a throw, they aren't as often creating the negative-yardage plays that can get the opposing offense off the field quicker.

[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:27 PM 11-26-2020
I know this much. Teddy, Carr and Herbert left the game clean. They could have ate dinner in their uniforms.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:33 PM 11-26-2020
I'd like to see them blitz Gay
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:39 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I'd like to see them blitz Gay
Nothing better than a Gay blitz.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:43 PM 11-26-2020
My impression Sunday was that they (successfully) sold out to stop the run, and that created some issues in the pass defense. Basically what Oakland schemed offensively gave them an inherent advantage over what we did defensively. I would say that there's some area for concern over our failure to adjust to that, but that said the defense was able to stop them a few times in the second half.

Bigger issue to me was the failure to hold them to field goals in the red zone.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:43 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by COchief:
Anyone else surprised by Htis's slow descent into the KC version of Knowmo? I get people bitching about the current state of the Chiefs is a little absurd, but it's getting a little ridiculous. Andy still gets cute with calls and kills drives, our D is incredibly inconsistent, and occasionally the team as a whole looks flat or one side of the ball will disappear for a half. It's perfectly ok to criticize or discuss an area of weakness, it doesn't mean the person is a traitor or not a real fan. Chill with the "dey either wif us or against us!" already.
When does Andy get “too cute” with calls? How are you defining that?
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:56 PM 11-26-2020
K Pass has been awful. He has no moves, just runs straight ahead flailing his arms while getting blocked out of the play.

1 sack- WOW!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:12 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by COchief:
Anyone else surprised by Htis's slow descent into the KC version of Knowmo? I get people bitching about the current state of the Chiefs is a little absurd, but it's getting a little ridiculous. Andy still gets cute with calls and kills drives, our D is incredibly inconsistent, and occasionally the team as a whole looks flat or one side of the ball will disappear for a half. It's perfectly ok to criticize or discuss an area of weakness, it doesn't mean the person is a traitor or not a real fan. Chill with the "dey either wif us or against us!" already.
:-)

You have no idea what you're talking about. Completely clueless.

Of course it's perfectly okay to discuss areas of weakness.

Check out a game day thread sometime - there's ZERO actual discussion. It's non-stop menstruating about how bad they "suck".

I've never called ANYBODY a traitor. I've never used the word "real fan".

I have used the words "whiner" and "pussy" quite a bit. Mostly because they fit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:13 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Hell yes they should. 200 mil DL don't stop the rush very well and the pass rush has been dead. Thats you Clark! Thats you Jones!
Case in point.
[Reply]
-King- 03:22 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

You have no idea what you're talking about. Completely clueless.

Of course it's perfectly okay to discuss areas of weakness.

Check out a game day thread sometime - there's ZERO actual discussion. It's non-stop menstruating about how bad they "suck".

I've never called ANYBODY a traitor. I've never used the word "real fan".

I have used the words "whiner" and "pussy" quite a bit. Mostly because they fit.
Why would there be discussion inside if a game thread? It's people reacting to every play live. That lends itself to overreactions both ways. You just tend to focus on the negative overreactions.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:25 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why would there be discussion inside if a game thread? It's people reacting to every play live. That lends itself to overreactions both ways. You just tend to focus on the negative overreactions.
What are the positive overreactions? I'd love to see some examples.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:26 PM 11-26-2020
First of all, it would be possible to have a discussion inside of game thread if people didn't flood it with "they suck" non-stop. Do we really need to hear it 100's of times an hour?

Second, look at this thread. There's PLENTY of discussion and even criticism, even from me.

And then you have the usual suspects with nothing useful to offer except bitching.

If you call that being a homer, so be it. As long as the stupid, mindless bitching continues, I'll be here to counter it with analysis and facts.
[Reply]
-King- 03:36 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
What are the positive overreactions? I'd love to see some examples.
Me after the Sorensen pick.
Clutchest player in the league :-)

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:37 PM 11-26-2020
Me after the Sorensen pick.
A plankton of positivity in a sea of garbage. :-)
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:39 PM 11-26-2020
I would be curious how that breaks down with 4 man rush.

KC rushes 4, or send 6/7 man blitzes. They dont do much zone rushing or 5 man blitzes.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:32 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I would be curious how that breaks down with 4 man rush.

KC rushes 4, or send 6/7 man blitzes. They dont do much zone rushing or 5 man blitzes.
A real issue is that the blitz never seems to get home.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up