ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Chiefs worry about sagging pass-rush production?
htismaqe 10:22 AM 11-26-2020
https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-cit...ush-production

Should Chiefs worry about sagging pass-rush production?

Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs paid big money to Jones and Clark -- on average $20 million per year through 2023 for Jones and $20.8 million through 2023 for Clark -- to lead their pass rush in games such as Sunday's in Las Vegas, but they aren't always getting results. They are 21st in sacks per opponent dropbacks, at 5%, though they are leading the NFL in pass-rush pressure, which they are getting on almost 40% of the opponent's dropbacks. So while the Chiefs are frequently affecting the opposing quarterback, getting him off his spot or rushing a throw, they aren't as often creating the negative-yardage plays that can get the opposing offense off the field quicker.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:53 AM 11-26-2020
Pressures are great but a QB can step right into pressure and throw a TD so we need to get to the QB more frequently.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:55 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Pressures are great but a QB can step right into pressure and throw a TD so we need to get to the QB more frequently.
This is true.

However, the pressure rate being that high suggests that even a minor tweak could result in more sacks.

They're not as far off as some want to believe.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:57 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No.

If you read the article, this is exactly what happened last year. The Chiefs are leading the league in pressures. The sacks will come, just like they did last year.

Does it need to be corrected? Yes.

Should it create WORRY? Absolutely not.
This is exactly right. If we are generating pressure regularly, the sacks will come. Pressure negatively affects QB performance, so it is of value in its own right.
[Reply]
wazu 11:02 AM 11-26-2020
It needs to improve, but we have the players and coaches to make that happen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
It needs to improve, but we have the players and coaches to make that happen.
They did it last year, right when it was needed.

I don't really understand the mentality here that simply overlooks 2019 and automatically invokes 2018.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 11:08 AM 11-26-2020
Young DBs need in game experience
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:11 AM 11-26-2020
Just like it was an issue last year before the corrected it.

Worry is just silly.

Acknowledging an issue and worrying about it are two different things.

Worry is for wussies.
Anyone one worrying about a game played, coached and managed by other people that they have no control over is stupid. But thinking that things are going to magically change again this year is ridiculous. We do not have players that are as good or experienced as we did last year to help turn this around.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:13 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
We do not have players that are as good or experienced as we did last year to help turn this around.
Really?

I'd be interested in knowing which catalysts from 2019 are missing from the lineup this year.
[Reply]
Chief Pote 11:17 AM 11-26-2020
So the pressures are there, how about improve pass coverage?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:19 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pote:
So the pressures are there, how about improve pass coverage?
That might help but in the Raider game, Carr's average time per drop back suggests the coverage was decent, the rush just wasn't getting home. He was moving the pocket pretty well too, though.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:25 AM 11-26-2020
I'll worry if it's week 17 and we still can't get to the Qb
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
I'll worry if it's week 17 and we still can't get to the Qb
I don't think that happens but if it does, that would be concerning.

Then again, we have Mahomes. If we go 14-2 without a great pass rush, there's nowhere to go in the playoffs but up. That might actually give me MORE hope, not less.
[Reply]
el borracho 11:31 AM 11-26-2020
Worry?- No. When the defending champs are 9-1 and have the greatest QB currently in the game, they don't have to worry. But they should draft a DE very early next year. The only thing that would be impactful enough to cause worry would be losing Mahomes or Kelce. Everything else can be resolved, I think. We have enough talented pieces to repeat.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Worry?- No. When the defending champs are 9-1 and have the greatest QB currently in the game, they don't have to worry. But they should draft a DE very early next year. The only thing that would be impactful enough to cause worry would be losing Mahomes or Kelce. Everything else can be resolved, I think. We have enough talented pieces to repeat.
Agreed.
[Reply]
Redbled 11:35 AM 11-26-2020
This is true.

However, the pressure rate being that high suggests that even a minor tweak could result in more sacks.

They're not as far off as some want to believe.
This.

I had no idea we led in pressures. 2 games against the Raiders line affected our sacks quite a bit. We will be fine.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up