ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Chiefs worry about sagging pass-rush production?
htismaqe 10:22 AM 11-26-2020
https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-cit...ush-production

Should Chiefs worry about sagging pass-rush production?

Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs paid big money to Jones and Clark -- on average $20 million per year through 2023 for Jones and $20.8 million through 2023 for Clark -- to lead their pass rush in games such as Sunday's in Las Vegas, but they aren't always getting results. They are 21st in sacks per opponent dropbacks, at 5%, though they are leading the NFL in pass-rush pressure, which they are getting on almost 40% of the opponent's dropbacks. So while the Chiefs are frequently affecting the opposing quarterback, getting him off his spot or rushing a throw, they aren't as often creating the negative-yardage plays that can get the opposing offense off the field quicker.

[Reply]
TLO 10:23 AM 11-26-2020
Yes
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:24 AM 11-26-2020
No.

If you read the article, this is exactly what happened last year. The Chiefs are leading the league in pressures. The sacks will come, just like they did last year.

Does it need to be corrected? Yes.

Should it create WORRY? Absolutely not.
[Reply]
old_geezer 10:31 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No.

If you read the article, this is exactly what happened last year. The Chiefs are leading the league in pressures. The sacks will come, just like they did last year.

Does it need to be corrected? Yes.

Should it create WORRY? Absolutely not.
Normally I pretty much agree with your takes but anyone who watched the Raiders game last week should be worried. Carr basically had time to read a book before he threw the ball. Something needs to change IMO.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:33 AM 11-26-2020
No team with Mahomes, Reid, and Veach should worry about anything.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:34 AM 11-26-2020
I didn’t realize the pressure rate was that high.

Guess all the mobile guys they’ve played have disguised some of the pressure. Need a few games against less mobile guys to get healthy...

Checks schedule... ahhh. I see.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:36 AM 11-26-2020
We need another talent opposite Frank Clark. Wish we could have gotten Dunlap because we have trouble with consistency in pressure against good O-Lines.
[Reply]
loochy 10:37 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
Normally I pretty much agree with your takes but anyone who watched the Raiders game last week should be worried. Carr basically had time to read a book before he threw the ball. Something needs to change IMO.

Raiders are an anomaly on that though. They have an awesome O-line, so they stuff a normal front 4 pressure. Conversely, they just shred the blitz as well and are one of the best in the league at that.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:38 AM 11-26-2020
Yes. They should.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:41 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
Raiders have a damn good OL. Maybe the best in the NFL though so we have to give them that.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:47 AM 11-26-2020
Depends on the matchup. A QB that can make plays under pressure or on the run could be problematic if you can't get him on the ground.
[Reply]
alanm 10:48 AM 11-26-2020
Heard yesterday they've had 7 sacks in the past 6 games. It does seem a little low but it's probably around average. But their not getting their bang for all the $$ their paying certain players. Jones is constantly getting double teamed. Clark should be getting home more often. TK is invisible. Wharton has been a pleasant surprise and Niadi-sp and Pennel could step it up a little. LB's are non existent.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:49 AM 11-26-2020
They were without there starting RT. This isn't about one game. This has been an issue all year.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:50 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
They were without there starting RT. This isn't about one game. This has been an issue all year.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Just like it was an issue last year before the corrected it.

Worry is just silly.

Acknowledging an issue and worrying about it are two different things.

Worry is for wussies.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Raiders are an anomaly on that though. They have an awesome O-line, so they stuff a normal front 4 pressure. Conversely, they just shred the blitz as well and are one of the best in the league at that.
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Raiders have a damn good OL. Maybe the best in the NFL though so we have to give them that.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up