ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Our history with the Bucs is lousy
Stargazer 02:09 PM 11-25-2020
God that 2016 game still pisses me off! Haven't beaten these guys since Joe Montana.
https://gasnsports.com/chiefs-bucs-a-checkered-history/
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:10 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Stargazer:
God that 2016 game still pisses me off! Haven't beaten these guys since Joe Montana.
https://gasnsports.com/chiefs-bucs-a-checkered-history/
doesn't seem very relevant
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 07:23 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Especially with Booger and Simeon Rice. That’s a nasty DL.
Booger always feels like a guy who played in the 70s yet he was active like less than 20 years ago lol
[Reply]
scho63 07:26 PM 11-25-2020
Our history with Matt Cassel is worse.

Believe in the Mahomes Magic. Drink in its sweet nectar. Dance and sing of Super Bowl victories. Love having the MVP. Watch all the replays and masterbate to its incredible climax. See Mahomes come back from 7 down, 10 down, 12 down, 14 down, 21 down and yes 24 down.

If you still have any fear of any opponent, you are not a true life long Chief's fan.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:21 PM 11-25-2020
The 2008 game is one where we led by 18 points. That was the game where Tyler Thigpen caught that long TD pass on a trick play.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:23 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by DanT:
Yeah, I remember that monsoon game. That was an interesting year for the Bucs. They had lost their first 26 games in franchise history, starting in 1976, going 0-14 and then 2-12 in 1977, the same record as the Chiefs that season. A famous and hilarious quote from their coach, John McKay, supposedly came after one of those first 26 games, when he was asked what he thought of his team's execution, and he answered that "he was in favor of it."

In 1978, they went 5-11. Then, in 1979, they not only made the playoffs after beating us 3-0 in that monsoon game, they won a playoff game against the Eagles and then hosted the Rams in the NFC Championship game. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_T...caneers_season

This was about halfway through that 14-season playoff drought the Chiefs experienced after the famous Christmas day loss against the Dolphins in 1971, when we didn't make the playoffs again until the 1986 season.
Never heard that before. That's great. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:41 PM 11-25-2020
I always remembered the Buccaneers starting their existence in our division, and wondered what happened since the Seahawks ended up with us and the Buccaneers went to the NFC. At some point I looked it up and it was pretty interesting. Apparently the NFL wanted the two expansion teams to barnstorm through the league, so they put each team in the opposite conference for a year to play those teams, and then in the second year they put them in their planned conference.

So in 1976 the Buccaneers played the Seahawks (temporarily NFC) and every other game was played against AFC opponents. The Seahawks played the Buccaneers (temporarily AFC) and every other game was played against NFC opponents. Since there were only 14 teams in each conference, it worked perfectly to play every team in the conference in one season.

Then in 1977 they reversed them. The Buccaneers played every NFC team and the Seahawks played every AFC team. They also placed the two teams in their long-term conferences.

So in their first two seasons, the Buccaneers and Seahawks each played every single team in the NFL. It was kind of a nifty thing.
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 11:49 AM 11-26-2020
who gives a shit about the past, times have changed
[Reply]
Spott 11:58 AM 11-26-2020
I went to the game in 2004 in Tampa. It was a great game that Vermeil’s defense blew in the end. The worst thing about that game was Priest Holmes getting hurt while running out of bounds which turned out to be the end of his career as a starting RB.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:11 PM 11-26-2020
Chiefs have only played TB once in the Andy Reid era.

Never in the Mahomes era.

And how many players are on the team that were Chiefs in 2012?

Not a meaningful stat, IMO.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:50 PM 11-26-2020
Because Mahomes, stats don't mean a goddamn thing
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:28 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Chiefs have only played TB once in the Andy Reid era.

Never in the Mahomes era.

And how many players are on the team that were Chiefs in 2012?

Not a meaningful stat, IMO.
2012 wasn't Andy Reid.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:48 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Never heard that before. That's great. :-)
We didn’t tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:10 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
2012 wasn't Andy Reid.
No but he was in 2016.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 05:11 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I always remembered the Buccaneers starting their existence in our division, and wondered what happened since the Seahawks ended up with us and the Buccaneers went to the NFC. At some point I looked it up and it was pretty interesting. Apparently the NFL wanted the two expansion teams to barnstorm through the league, so they put each team in the opposite conference for a year to play those teams, and then in the second year they put them in their planned conference.

So in 1976 the Buccaneers played the Seahawks (temporarily NFC) and every other game was played against AFC opponents. The Seahawks played the Buccaneers (temporarily AFC) and every other game was played against NFC opponents. Since there were only 14 teams in each conference, it worked perfectly to play every team in the conference in one season.

Then in 1977 they reversed them. The Buccaneers played every NFC team and the Seahawks played every AFC team. They also placed the two teams in their long-term conferences.

So in their first two seasons, the Buccaneers and Seahawks each played every single team in the NFL. It was kind of a nifty thing.
Thank you!

I didn’t think I was crazy when I remembered seeing Tampa Bay vs Seattle pop up on score ticker updates way more than it should.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:32 PM 11-26-2020
Yuckaneers
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up