ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Our history with the Bucs is lousy
Stargazer 02:09 PM 11-25-2020
God that 2016 game still pisses me off! Haven't beaten these guys since Joe Montana.
https://gasnsports.com/chiefs-bucs-a-checkered-history/
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:20 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Patrick Mahomes

/thread
Beat me to it. Our history doesn’t include PMII.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:38 PM 11-25-2020
I hope our defense can stop Mike Alstott!!
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 05:05 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I hope our defense can stop Mike Alstott!!
Warren Sapp against our interior line worries me.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:11 PM 11-25-2020
Wife and I were at that 1993 game, Montana’s Chief debut. Drove down from Savannah. Sat in the end zone of the old Silver Sombrero.

There was also a question right up until game time about Neil Smith. He had held out over his contract, IIRC. But he re-signed before the game and came out into our end zone dancing around in warmups.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:32 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
Warren Sapp against our interior line worries me.
Especially with Booger and Simeon Rice. That’s a nasty DL.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 05:41 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Especially with Booger and Simeon Rice. That’s a nasty DL.
jeez and their back end is tough with Ronde Barber, and John Lynch, they are loaded on D.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:43 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
jeez and their back end is tough with Ronde Barber, and John Lynch, they are loaded on D.
They have a slight edge at kicker. Martin Gramatica is pretty damn good
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:48 PM 11-25-2020
Bucs already beat the rest of the AFC West

we are due to stomp them out
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 05:51 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
They have a slight edge at kicker. Martin Gramatica is pretty damn good
Not at all worried about Brad Johnson though, we have a huge advantage at QB.
[Reply]
gblowfish 05:52 PM 11-25-2020
Their linebacker Lavonte David is a bad MF. He's my favorite non-Chiefs defensive player. Guy has an ungodly motor. It'll be hard to run between the tackles because of him. We should be able to throw the ball on these guys. Must MUST get some pressure on Tommy Boy or he'll slant route us to death. Chiefs historically have not played well in Florida, except for that Super Bowl we won there last year. That may have broken the Florida Jinx.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 05:58 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Their linebacker Lavonte David is a bad MF. He's my favorite non-Chiefs defensive player. Guy has an ungodly motor. It'll be hard to run between the tackles because of him. We should be able to throw the ball on these guys. Must MUST get some pressure on Tommy Boy or he'll slant route us to death. Chiefs historically have not played well in Florida, except for that Super Bowl we won there last year. That may have broken the Florida Jinx.

Mahomes seems to be the breaker of Jinxes. Totally agree about David, he's a stud, and is one of the better sideline to sideline linebackers in the league.
[Reply]
DanT 06:18 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I remember them playing in a monsoon in 1979 in Tampa.

I think they lost that game too.

EDIT: found the highlights from that game. I remember being home from college watching it.

Yeah, I remember that monsoon game. That was an interesting year for the Bucs. They had lost their first 26 games in franchise history, starting in 1976, going 0-14 and then 2-12 in 1977, the same record as the Chiefs that season. A famous and hilarious quote from their coach, John McKay, supposedly came after one of those first 26 games, when he was asked what he thought of his team's execution, and he answered that "he was in favor of it."

In 1978, they went 5-11. Then, in 1979, they not only made the playoffs after beating us 3-0 in that monsoon game, they won a playoff game against the Eagles and then hosted the Rams in the NFC Championship game. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_T...caneers_season

This was about halfway through that 14-season playoff drought the Chiefs experienced after the famous Christmas day loss against the Dolphins in 1971, when we didn't make the playoffs again until the 1986 season.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:21 PM 11-25-2020
Vinny Testaverde unloads on the Chiefs D this week.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:22 PM 11-25-2020
Every Chiefs curse died the day we drafted Patrick Mahomes. Do you think Mahomes wants to beat Brady? I fucking guarantee he does. He will not be denied!!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:06 PM 11-25-2020
We need to shut down their run game. Cadillac Williams is off to a hell of a start to his career. What is that? Like 5 straight 100 yard games to start his career?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up