ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 20 of 38
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:10 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by teedubya:
Take a vaccine with a 95% success rate on a virus that you have a 99.7% chance of survival?

I'll take my chances on my immune system doing it's job.
Okay, let's explore that.

One study by Esurance found that the probability of getting into a car accident over a 1,000 mile drive was 1 in 366 or coincidentally 0.3%. The same probability of dying from Covid. (And that's a long, long drive. Presumably going to the store would produce far lower odds.)

Do you wear a seatbelt when you drive 1,000 miles on the highway? What if you go to the store? I'm going to guess that you do and you would even if there weren't laws mandating it.

You could take your chances on your expert driving doing the job. Or you could improve your odds and wear a seatbelt even if there may even be some random rolls of the dice where you get into a car accident and die, not even in spite of wearing a seatbelt but because of it.
[Reply]
Donger 06:15 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Okay, let's explore that.

One study by Esurance found that the probability of getting into a car accident over a 1,000 mile drive was 1 in 366 or coincidentally 0.3%. The same probability of dying from Covid. (And that's a long, long drive. Presumably going to the store would produce far lower odds.)

Do you wear a seatbelt when you drive 1,000 miles on the highway? What if you go to the store? I'm going to guess that you do and you would even if there weren't laws mandating it.

You could take your chances on your expert driving doing the job. Or you could improve your odds and wear a seatbelt even if there may even be some random rolls of the dice where you get into a car accident and die, not even in spite of wearing a seatbelt but because of it.
Seatbelts don't have RFID and other chips in them, so it's not a valid comparison. Wake up, sheep.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 06:15 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
mRNA vaccines do not alter DNA.
Correct, she would take it even if it did.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:18 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'm excited about the vaccine. I'll be first in line.
I will sidle up and pretend to have a conversation with you, and then I'll just stay in the line as it moves forward.
[Reply]
loochy 06:26 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Very slim chance his sister has the degrees he’s touting and if she does she has to be embarrassed to call him her brother.
Who cares what degrees she has. SHE earned them and SHE has the knowledge, not him.

Does my brother somehow know how to implement even the most basic of computer science concepts (maybe a basic linked list or something)? Does he know anything about optimizing LTL loads or other logistics concepts?

Is there some magical knowledge link between siblings that I'm not aware of?
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:28 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is purely just an attempt to get ahead of the incoming onslaught of misinformation, but...

The Pfizer vaccine (and probably others) DOES cause some pretty significant side effects for some people (<5%). It's short-lived (only a day or two), and nothing has been shown to be very major in the trial, but don't be surprised if you hear people telling stories of feeling awful and having to stay home from work or whatever after getting the vaccine.

It's expected and not a big deal in the end, but that doesn't mean it'll be fun for those who are impacted.
Similar to how we don't know the long term effects of covid, it's hard to know long term side effects of a vaccine that's so new. Not saying that it is unsafe, just that nobody will know for awhile.

And I'll be in the same boat as I am with the flu shot. I'm not likely to get it because I don't get the flu very often. So I'm not likely to get the covid shot unless I have to in order to do the things I want and need to do.

I understand I can spread it, but I can spread the flu to people with conditions that make them more vulnerable as well. Sorry. But those people need to get the vaccine and hope it works like it is supposed to.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:38 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Seatbelts don't have RFID and other chips in them, so it's not a valid comparison. Wake up, sheep.
Truth.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:57 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's just not even worth a response when there's so much wrong with everything he said.

Look, if people are looking for an excuse to avoid taking the vaccine, you can come up with someone's sister's brother's second cousin who will give you a compelling reason why this is all part of the illuminati plan. It does require ignoring the strong evidence we have in support of the vaccines effectiveness and safety. And I'm still a little amused that no one ever responded to my request for information about what historical events have given them the impression that vaccines aren't safe.

I'm just puzzled why anyone would look around right now and say, "You know what? I kind of like it like that this. Let's keep it this way as long as possible."

But in the end, if these vaccines are really 95% effective, the good news is that we can probably get through this without 100% of people doing it. So I try not to waste too much time debating with tinfoil hats.
You're likely to find a lot of people who don't even bother with tinfoil hat stuff, or they'll cite it as a stalking horse.

Sensing not a lot of residual enthusiasm for doing things for the good of a broken and hateful society.

Like said at the outset, you think it's important I be vaccinated, put money in my hand.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:01 PM 11-27-2020
My rapid covid test came back negative this morning. I'm glad for that but my COPD flaired up kicked my ass this week and if I should end up getting covid it could be the end of me . Unless I get covid i don't plan on getting any vaccine though.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:05 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
My rapid covid test came back negative this morning. I'm glad for that but my COPD flaired up kicked my ass this week and if I should end up getting covid it could be the end of me . Unless I get covid i don't plan on getting any vaccine though.
You won't take the vaccine that prevents Covid unless you get Covid?
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 07:06 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
You're likely to find a lot of people who don't even bother with tinfoil hat stuff, or they'll cite it as a stalking horse.

Sensing not a lot of residual enthusiasm for doing things for the good of a broken and hateful society.

Like said at the outset, you think it's important I be vaccinated, put money in my hand.
What I'm reading here is that you are willing to be poked for money.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 07:09 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
Who's the girl in your avatar, ****er?

To answer the question, nope. I have a needle phobia. I don't like getting shit stabbed into my skin so that's a hard pass.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:15 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
And this is why people of your ilk may end up getting the vaccine because of stick rather than carrot.

Your choice to be what you are.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:24 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I will sidle up and pretend to have a conversation with you, and then I'll just stay in the line as it moves forward.
:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:28 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
You won't take the vaccine that prevents Covid unless you get Covid?
I want to see what side effects and mutations it causes people first then I'll decide risk reward. Is it like flue shot that makes you sick to keep from getting sick?
[Reply]
Page 20 of 38
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up