ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bears declining Mitchell Trubisky's fifth-year option
alanm 04:41 PM 05-02-2020
http://http://www.nfl.com/news/story...fthyear-option

WOW!! Bears are turning the page after 3 yrs. :-)
[Reply]
Passepartout 09:14 PM 05-02-2020
Seems like Mitchell is a bust unfortunately but hope that he can really get another chance.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 10:17 PM 05-02-2020
I'll be forever greatful to the bears for picking Trubisky over Mahomes.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:24 PM 05-02-2020
Hard to believe they haven't just outright released Trubisky at this point.
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:08 PM 05-02-2020
I fully expect the Jags to pick up Trubisky and waste another 5 years at the bottom of the division because our FO is utterly incompetent.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:28 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
CHeap backup w/ potential trade value...albeit minimal.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 12:56 AM 05-03-2020

April Fools! pic.twitter.com/j7KDX9YvCa

— NFL Memes (@NFL_Memes) April 1, 2020

[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 05:03 AM 05-03-2020
Half of the 2017 draft Top 10 picks had their fifth-year options declined

The Top 10 of the 2017 NFL draft had some notable misses.

That’s why half of the Top 10 picks had their fifth-year options declined. Generally speaking, a player who has performed up to expectations will have his fifth-year option picked up, while a player who has fallen short will have his option declined. And by that measure, half of the Top 10 fell short.

Second overall pick Mitch Trubisky, third overall pick Solomon Thomas, fourth overall pick Leonard Fournette, fifth overall pick Corey Davis and ninth overall pick John Ross all had their options declined. First overall pick Myles Garrett, sixth overall pick Jamal Adams, seventh overall pick Mike Williams and 10th overall pick Patrick Mahomes all had their options picked up. Eighth overall pick Christian McCaffrey got a contract extension before the fifth-year option deadline.

Top 10 picks have more expensive fifth-year options than picks 11-32. The fifth-year salary for Top 10 picks is equal to the average of the 10 highest salaries at that player’s position, whereas for players 11-32, the fifth-year option is the average of the third through 25th highest salaries at the position. For example, Mahomes’ fifth-year option is $24.8 million, while 12th overall pick Deshaun Watson’s fifth-year option is $17.5 million. That means Top 10 picks have to really produce for their options to be worth it.

Looming over the 2017 draft Top 10 is Mahomes, who through three years already has both a regular season MVP and a Super Bowl MVP to his credit. If they’re being honest, all nine teams that passed on Mahomes would say they regret it. But the five teams who passed on Mahomes just to draft a player whose option wasn’t picked up are the ones really kicking themselves.
[Reply]
NWTF 06:09 AM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think it has to with making it official they realllllllllllly fucked up. They didnt just outright pic him in their normal slot which would have been bad enough.

Pace actually traded Chicago's 1st, 3rd, 4th rd pick and their 2018 3rd to move up ONE position to draft Trubisky.

BTW what team were they supposedly competing with to give all that up for one spot? I honesty dont know.
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:31 AM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
And threw the franchise into the QB abyss for like 7 more years, and what may have been worse overall, having the unfortunate side effect of bringing in the 49er castoff QB cavalcade, starting with DeBerg, then Montana, Bono, Grbac, and ending (mercifully) with Alex.

Terrible pick. Blackledge was literally worse than every other QB taken in the 1983 1st round, and worse than probably 25 players in the 1983 1st round. You simply couldn't have made a worse pick that flatlined the organization for almost a decade.
Ok I propose that Blackledge should forever be added to the list that the unnamed kicker is on! Never to be mentioned again!
[Reply]
crispystl 07:43 AM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Anyway, Big Dick Nick will have the Bears back in the play-offs.

As long as he stays healthy I totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:56 AM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Thought there were rumors of drug use by pick #27.
So, Marino dug the yowder. He did the cha-cha-slide with the Mick Gagger yowder powder. He was still a better choice than Blackledge.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:26 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
Ok I propose that Blackledge should forever be added to the list that the unnamed kicker is on! Never to be mentioned again!
Why this wasn't suggested years ago I have no clue.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:29 PM 05-03-2020
Mitch is fixing to kiss lower caliber titties here soon as a backup.
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 04:06 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
He did have a stellar final season in college, 68ish comp%, 30/6 td/int and he's mobile. But, he obviously played over his head.

I don't see Foles as any big improvement either.

Cam???

No team in NFL history (Bears been there since day one) have had a worst collection of QB's. Hell, a case can be made that old timer Sid Luckman who is a HOFer was their best ever, and if he wasn't, then.....Jay Cutler?
Jim Harbaugh & McMahon are up there. Thought Erik Kramer wasn't bad. Had a soft spot for Jim Miller. Mike Tomczak wasn't completely terrible, but wasn't really a QB1 either.
[Reply]
eDave 04:10 PM 05-03-2020
I'd like to see him play somewhere else before I label him a bust.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up