ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Bears declining Mitchell Trubisky's fifth-year option
alanm 04:41 PM 05-02-2020
http://http://www.nfl.com/news/story...fthyear-option

WOW!! Bears are turning the page after 3 yrs. :-)
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:00 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’ll always wonder what would the Chiefs look like right now if Watson and Mahomes both went top 5. Would we have taken Turdbisky? Would we still have Smiff?
Would Trubisky have busted here? Who knows?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:03 PM 05-02-2020
This still isn't as bad as the Chiefs taking Todd Blackledge over Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Tony Eason and Ken O'Brien.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:04 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bump:
their fans are going to remember that draft and passing on Mahomes for the next century. 30 years from now their young fans that grew older will still sadly say "we took Trubisky over Mahomes, sigh"
I'm glad that we no longer have the Blackledge/Marino thing to obsess on. It's buried in the ground now.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:05 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Nick Foles has...

Won the Super Bowl.

Holds the NFL record for TD passes in a game.

Had the THIRD best QB rating EVER for a season in NFL history.
He's also burned out of three different franchises and retired at one point.

One of the weirdest careers I've ever seen
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:07 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Would Trubisky have busted here?
If he had been chosen at #10 overall, the answer is yes (although Reid is a much better talent evaluator than to take a guy with limited tools and arm that high).

Had Trubisky been taken in the 4th or 5th round, he would have had time to grow into the position. He was a one year starter at North Carolina, which isn't exactly a QB powerhouse.

That said, his career is far from over. We've seen guys like Tannehill stick around the league for years and finally have some success, so it's possible for him to find an opportunity to sit and learn elsewhere, but he'll need to choose wisely and swallow some pride.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:09 PM 05-02-2020
Alex's leg would certainly look better
[Reply]
scho63 06:10 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Remember when Patrick Lavon Mahomes was available, and the Chicago Bears elected to draft Mitchell Trubisky?
We all need to chip in and send the Bears a giant thank you card! :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:11 PM 05-02-2020
Poor Nagy
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 06:13 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Nick Foles has...

Won the Super Bowl.

Holds the NFL record for TD passes in a game.

Had the THIRD best QB rating EVER for a season in NFL history.
Trent Dilfer won a SB, Dan Marino nope!

Joe Kapp also holds that record as does a half dozen others

After that gaudy 119 it was 81, 69......his career 88ish which is weak.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:16 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This still isn't as bad as the Chiefs taking Todd Blackledge over Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Tony Eason and Ken O'Brien.
Shut up and read the history. Todd was the right pick according to everyone. He was thought very highly.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:17 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’ll always wonder what would the Chiefs look like right now if Watson and Mahomes both went top 5. Would we have taken Turdbisky? Would we still have Smiff?
It would look like you should shut your whore mouth....
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 06:18 PM 05-02-2020

[Reply]
alanm 06:20 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Remember when Patrick Lavon Mahomes was available, and the Chicago Bears elected to draft Mitchell Trubisky?
Yeah.. That was awesome. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:22 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Shut up and read the history. Todd was the right pick according to everyone. He was thought very highly.
:-)

Wrong.

I was in high school at that time. Elway, Kelly and Marino were the top dawgs by a mile.

Everyone at my high school, which boasted a championship football team, LOVED Marino and we couldn't believe the Chiefs passed on him over Blackledge.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:26 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Chicago gets a lot of criticism for not taking Mahomes, but Cleveland deserves just as much for passing on Mahomes and Watson when they needed a QB. They took Kizer in the second round and ended up going 0-16.
Chief Fan liked Kizer quite a bit.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up