« First < 157207247253254255256257 2582592602612673073577571257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:04 PM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
No scores in 25 drives isn't failure?
I guess it depends on how you want to slice up the failure and assign blame. Is it totally his fault that they fell apart in the red zone during those trips? I can count at least two drops for scores that were well thrown balls.

I'm not suggesting everything is awesome by any means, there's plenty of blame to sling around for the red zone failures. Their failures have been a sum of the total offense in the last 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
No excuse for a 6'7" QB.
Totally agree on that one.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:38 PM 12-17-2015
Manning is back at practice... Moving pretty good too.

Video of #Broncos Peyton Manning at practice today. Kubiak said the plan was for him to do a little bit more today. pic.twitter.com/BPUXZVnRPH

— Michelle Tuckner (@MichelleTuckner) December 17, 2015

[Reply]
BossChief 01:38 PM 12-17-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
So I talked to my media insider today. He had a couple of interesting things to share. Nothing earth shaking, but some food for thought...

How to begin... Unless Brock lights it up this week, expect Manning to come in next week against the Bengals. What I'm told is that the Broncos are tentative on Brock right now, and that we can see that in his yards per attempt, which are lower than Manning's. In an audible situation, Brock is not allowed to (and has never) audible to a pass - it's always to a run (and teams are picking up on that). The Broncos don't really trust him yet. He's not even allowed to manage a snap count - everything is quick count at this point. And what we're not seeing from Brock is a lot of deep balls - I'm told that Oakland picked up on this and stuffed the run knowing that Brock wasn't going to go deep. Apparently the concern is that Brock turns the ball over too much on deep routes - he gets gun-slinger mentality and forces passes that get picked.

I'm told he's getting way over coached - he's got everyone in his ear. Kubiak, Elway, Manning, Dennison, Dennis Erickson, and on and on. Add to that the contract situation which is adding a lot of pressure to Brock.

The Broncos are definitely hoping to sign Brock this offseason. I'm told that once the season is done, the first priority is to lock up Von Miller to a long term deal, and then use the Franchise Tag on Brock, and try to hammer out a 2-3 year deal with him. No one knows if Brocks people will go for that, but that's what I'm told the current thinking is. The Broncos like Siemian, but he's got a lot of development to do still. They don't really like what's on the market - they're not high on Kaepernick, Shanahan told them to stay away from RG3 (too dumb to run the WCO), and the will not touch Cocaine Tebow (Johnny Manziel). We got cut off before I got a chance to ask if we'd be seeing Schaub come in as an Orton stop gap, but the sense I got is that they want to tag Brock and take it from there.

My guy says that he hasn't heard it out of the mouth of anyone, but based on reading the tea leaves, he doesn't believe the Broncos want to run Brock into the playoffs - they're happy that he's gotten a chance to start and that they are able to evaluate him based on that, but he believes the Broncos are sincere about getting Manning healthy and ready to play in the post-season. His sense is that they'd rather have a HOF quarterback reading the playoff defenses than a guy they don't think is ready to audible to a pass in the post season.
Thanks Taco! I can totally see that and I agree with them.

From taco John on the mane
[Reply]
O.city 01:40 PM 12-17-2015
They should definitely tag him
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:43 PM 12-17-2015
Who knows how it plays out, but if he's moving around like that and Brock struggles on Sunday, I wouldn't be shocked to see Manning take over in that game. Anything is possible.

After the KC game, my hope was for them to rest Manning for at least 4 games... having no idea how they would fare in that stretch. So, at this point, I'm still cheering for the jersey and don't care who they put out there - as long as he's healthy.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:43 PM 12-17-2015
Knowmo is now hyping a Peyton Manning return.

First he hyped Peyton and told us he would return to his prime form, then he talked about how Assweiler is comparable to Roethlisberger, now it's Manning again.

When does Trevor Siemian get some hype Knowmo?
[Reply]
BossChief 02:17 PM 12-17-2015
The tag for a QB is going to cost 20m.

Von is going to cost 17 per

Rookie pool will be 6m

They only have 32 players under contract for 2016...going to be interesting to see how they go about this upcoming offseason.

Manning, Clady and Ware are all almost assuredly gone.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:18 PM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The tag for a QB is going to cost 20m.

Von is going to cost 17 per

Rookie pool will be 6m

They only have 32 players under contract for 2016...going to be interesting to see how they go about this upcoming offseason.

Manning, Clady and Ware are all almost assuredly gone.
New look, some new faces... it is the NFL.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:34 PM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
Manning is back at practice... Moving pretty good too.

I doesn't matter. You've got big ben 2.0 driving the ship now!
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:53 PM 12-17-2015
Keep fucking that chicken, Knowmo
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 02:56 PM 12-17-2015
Manning moving well in no contact practice? :-) let's see him play against a nasty bengals DLine next week. He can't stay healthy. No one is scared of him. Maybe you win some games but it won't be because of manning. It'll be because of your defense. You're now the Chiefs Knomo. Accept it.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:09 PM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Manning moving well in no contact practice? :-) let's see him play against a nasty bengals DLine next week. He can't stay healthy. No one is scared of him. Maybe you win some games but it won't be because of manning. It'll be because of your defense. You're now the Chiefs Knomo. Accept it.
:-) Yep 0.0 is making a comeback!!
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:12 PM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-) Yep 0.0 is making a comeback!!
Comeback player of the year
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 05:19 PM 12-17-2015
the abrockalipse is not over. not yet.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:20 PM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ: