ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1730 of 4873
« First < 730123016301680172017261727172817291730 173117321733173417401780183022302730 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:35 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
If Rosen or Allen proves to be worth something, you can always say you told ‘me so. We will check back in 6-8 years and find out. I didn’t like either of them, so I’m fine with the draft. Sounds like Mayfield was top of their list, and would have gone that route had he been there.
"Brodie Croyle might be something... If Matt Ryan proves to be worth something you can always say you told me so. We will check back in 6-8 years and find out."

"Matt Cassel might be worth something..."

This is shitty Chiefs fan logic and you know it. You've seen it take place over the years on this forum, and not once did you ever engage in the debates because your team always had a QB.

Until now.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:00 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
"Brodie Croyle might be something... If Matt Ryan proves to be worth something you can always say you told me so. We will check back in 6-8 years and find out."

"Matt Cassel might be worth something..."

This is shitty Chiefs fan logic and you know it. You've seen it take place over the years on this forum, and not once did you ever engage in the debates because your team always had a QB.

Until now.
True, I never got into those debates. Not sure why that is relevant now... BlackOp is saying they should have taken a QB at 5, he liked Rosen. I didn't like any of the 4 that much and was clear about it. Just because a highly touted QB was sitting there, it doesn't mean he will prove to be worth the selection. Rosen or Allen could have a couple of decent seasons, but if in 6 years, either of them is Matt Ryan - yes, you could say Denver screwed up.

Right now, I don't have any buyer's remorse on passing on those guys.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:25 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by manchambo:
Mahomes hasn't established that he's as good as Keenum yet, much less Alex Smith.

He may turn out to be good, but don't expect anyone outside KC to tremble in response to pictures of him.
I hate to break it to you, but Keesum hasn''t proven that he's any good either. There have been plenty of guys that looked guy in relief for a short time that turned out to be no good. You guys signed Matt Flynn.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:30 AM 04-30-2018
I wish I knew the deal on the table with the Bills... several reports state that Denver walked from the deal when CLE took Ward. I can see the fascination to draft Chubb, but I'd like to know what they had in play with BUF.

Word is they did not want to trade both R1 picks. Did it include those picks, was it #12, the two in R2 and another late pick?

As it turns out, there was solid value at 12 and with those R2 picks - Chubb should be a fine selection, but I think I still would have pulled the trigger on that trade. Could have really addressed OL early and still walked away with a top DEF player.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:40 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I hate to break it to you, but Keesum hasn''t proven that he's any good either. There have been plenty of guys that looked guy in relief for a short time that turned out to be no good. You guys signed Matt Flynn.
See Cassell, Matt of NE
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:46 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by tmax63:
See Cassell, Matt of NE
Exactly!
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:25 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
He went further in the playoffs than any Chief team in this millennia.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:31 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 08:46 AM 04-30-2018
If Rosen or Allen proves to be worth something, you can always say you told ‘me so. We will check back in 6-8 years and find out. I didn’t like either of them, so I’m fine with the draft. Sounds like Mayfield was top of their list, and would have gone that route had he been there.
I think the Broncos had their best draft in since 2012, and most of that is bc of Chubb.

For Denver, it’s basically their class vs Josh Allen/Josh Rosen. If either of those guys turn out then it will really hurt the Broncos even if Chubb becomes elite.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:06 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
When he takes the Donks that far, let me know. Until then, he's Cassel or Flynn.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:18 AM 04-30-2018

Word is they did not want to trade both R1 picks. Did it include those picks, was it #12, the two in R2 and another late pick?
Word is both were offered and a 2nd...I think Denver had to throw in a 3rd. I'm not exactly sure what the Donks had to throw in.

Essentially, Chubb cost them two extra high round players. I dont think Denver, given it's aging roster, was in position to turn that down. They could have really fortified their O-line. Horseface's ego cost him again...Chubb is going to have be a superstar to validate that "no trade".

He was a luxury pick...and now the Donks have over $40+ million tied to the OLB position..if they pick up Ray's option.

I think he didn't take Rosen due to still having Lynch and drafting Nelson adds another contract to the payroll. Chubb will allow them to walk on Ray...

Horseface has always been a used car salesman....
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:57 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think the Broncos had their best draft in since 2012, and most of that is bc of Chubb.

For Denver, it’s basically their class vs Josh Allen/Josh Rosen. If either of those guys turn out then it will really hurt the Broncos even if Chubb becomes elite.
Their best draft since 2012? It would be hard to NOT have their best draft since 2012. Drafting randomly based on a blindfolded chimpanzee's dart throws would likely outperform Elway's drafting history.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:45 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Word is both were offered and a 2nd...I think Denver had to throw in a 3rd. I'm not exactly sure what the Donks had to throw in.

Essentially, Chubb cost them two extra high round players. I dont think Denver, given it's aging roster, was in position to turn that down. They could have really fortified their O-line. Horseface's ego cost him again...Chubb is going to have be a superstar to validate that "no trade".

He was a luxury pick...and now the Donks have over $40+ million tied to the OLB position..if they pick up Ray's option.

I think he didn't take Rosen due to still having Lynch and drafting Nelson adds another contract to the payroll. Chubb will allow them to walk on Ray...

Horseface has always been a used car salesman....
I don't know that I would call it a pure luxury... having a stellar pass rush really helps the rest of the defense, and is the best friend of an 'ok offense'.

Still, I would have preferred to have the extra picks considering the move from 5 to 12 wouldn't have cost them much in terms of value really. Who knows, maybe the deal wasn't as "done" as some report. I dunno.

Originally Posted by RunKC:

Sutton at WR is a guy I never imagined them taking... overall, I like the WR/RB additions they picked up. Sutton and Freeman could do really well immediately, especially Freeman. Sutton figures in as a strong #3 as a rookie. I don't know much about the other receiver or TE, but Sutton and Freeman - if used right, could really provide a lot of options.

I don't know that the OL they drafted late can add much right now, but there's always FA still. Overall, I won't argue with the skill players they took - I just truly didn't like any of those QBs. In a few years, we'll know if they screwed up or not.

Still wish they had traded 5 though to BUF.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:52 PM 04-30-2018
The gem of the Denver Broncos' football draft? Ask Larry Brown, basketball coach

Originally Posted by :
When I called former Nuggets coach Larry Brown about a Broncos draft pick, who knew what he’d say? Not me. I wasn’t sure if Coach Brown would even remember Courtland Sutton.

Coach Brown’s been coaching since the '60s. (And yes, he told me that he hopes to coach again.) How many players is that? 300? 400? And here’s a guy — Courtland Sutton — who played one basketball season at SMU and made one shot (a 3-pointer!) after earning a roster spot in an open tryout.

If you’re Larry Brown, you remember David Thompson, Danny Manning, Allen Iverson.

You don’t remember Courtland Sutton.

Larry Brown remembered Courtland Sutton. He remembered Sutton's first practice. He remembered a hustle rebound in a practice drill. He remembered everything about Courtland Sutton, the basketball player.

“When I saw you wanted to talk about Courtland it got my attention,” Brown said. “I’ll talk all day about Courtland. Special, special guy. His leadership, his personality. Just thrilled for him to go to the Broncos.”

Before I could butt in and mess up Coach Brown’s scouting report on Sutton, he offered one up: “I keep reading he’s 6-3. I don’t think he’s 6-3. For us (on the basketball court) he played bigger than that. We used him under the basket. I honestly thought if he would have come to us his freshman year and stayed with us (Sutton played hoops after his freshman football season at SMU) he would’ve been a regular player for us. He made our practices better every day. And he’s an unbelievable kid. (Ex-SMU forward) Ben Moore is with the Pacers. And Courtland held his own every day. He just became family. He has that type of personality you want to work with. It’s contagious.”
http://gazette.com/paul-klee-courtla...rticle/1625191

[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:53 PM 04-30-2018

This is your guy right here. Courtland Sutton. Best Broncos pick of the draft - maybe in years. "I'm fired up about life," he says. This is the pick. pic.twitter.com/96dhh64RE6

— Paul Klee (@bypaulklee) April 28, 2018

[Reply]
Page 1730 of 4873
« First < 730123016301680172017261727172817291730 173117321733173417401780183022302730 > Last »
Up