ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1727 of 4871
« First < 727122716271677171717231724172517261727 172817291730173117371777182722272727 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
manchambo 10:14 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Except that two out of three of these players sit the bench....

Top 5 pick
Mid first rounder
2nd rounder

2nd and 4th round WR won't get much work

What a ****ing waste of draft capital
Did you know they let teams sub players in and out these days?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:21 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
You guys had a great draft in my opinion...

You should've taken the asu rb over the oregon guy, but other than that, I'm not seeing a lot of holes in your draft class...

That said, I still see you as a sub .500 team in the coming season-

Someone other than Elway had the gavel in this draft, his fingerprints are sparse to non existent, so I'm genuinely curious regarding who turned the joke of a drafting record into a really good set of selections...

Thoughts Knowmo?
I don't see anything that stands out that would point to it not being an Elway draft. If you believe the draft is better than normal it could be because:

1. Denver had high picks in every round.
2. Denver's coaching staff coached the Senior Bowl (DaeSean Hamilton, Isaac Yiadom, and Fumagalli were on Denver's Senior Bowl roster)
[Reply]
wasi 10:25 PM 04-28-2018
It sure feels like Denver is "throwing in the towel" this season. This draft was good for them, but their personnel decisions leading up to the draft don't match the draft strategy.

Wouldn't you want Elway to cut salary or gain assets in deep positions on the team if he was planning to draft WR and OLB? I bet Thomas (whose replacement you obviously ended up draftomg), and either Ray or Barrett would have fetched picks or cap room to go after free agents, before the draft.

Just looking at it from the outside, it looks like this draft should have happened next year.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:58 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by wasi:
It sure feels like Denver is "throwing in the towel" this season. This draft was good for them, but their personnel decisions leading up to the draft don't match the draft strategy.

Wouldn't you want Elway to cut salary or gain assets in deep positions on the team if he was planning to draft WR and OLB? I bet Thomas (whose replacement you obviously ended up draftomg), and either Ray or Barrett would have fetched picks or cap room to go after free agents, before the draft.

Just looking at it from the outside, it looks like this draft should have happened next year.
It wasn't the players they chose per se...it was the positions. WR/Edge weren't exactly needs until you look at the finances.

I'm not sure how happy I would be if I were a Donk follower...I think Horseface just conned the fans into whitewashing his fence.

They just passed up a franchise QB to relieve Ray of a $9 million dollar option. Had he lived up to his draft position, they wouldn't need Chubb. They passed moving up to get a guard to draft DT's replacement. Had Laitmore panned out...this wouldn't be happening.

This was all about the cap...which when Lynch busted, Keenum cost $36 million. Cause and effect...this was Horseface covering up his draft blunders.
[Reply]
wasi 11:10 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
It wasn't the players they chose per se...it was the positions. WR/Edge weren't exactly needs until you look at the finances.

I'm not sure how happy I would be if I were a Donk follower...I think Horseface just conned the fans into whitewashing his fence.

They just passed up a franchise QB to relieve Ray of a $9 million dollar option. Had he lived up to his draft position, they wouldn't need Chubb. They passed moving up to get a guard to draft DT's replacement.

This was all about the cap...which when Lynch busted, Keenum cost $36 million. Cause and effect...this was Horseface covering up his draft blunders.
I wouldn't have passed on Rosen, given their situation. Keesum needs competition to keep his growth curve going, similar to Mahomes impact on Smith. Keesum likely had his most challenging QB battle against Bradford and, maybe Bridgewater early, leading up to his great season last year.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:22 PM 04-28-2018
I wouldn't have passed on Rosen
You never pass on a potential franchise QB on a rookie deal...if the Donks didn't have Miller, I could, kind of, understand.

Case Keenum is NOT taking them anywhere, he was a cheap option when Lynch/Semen tanked..I dont care if they have LT and Bruce Smith.
[Reply]
wasi 11:33 PM 04-28-2018
You never pass on a potential franchise QB on a rookie deal...if the Donks didn't have Miller, I could, kind of, understand.

Case Keenum is NOT taking them anywhere, he was a cheap option when Lynch/Semen tanked..I dont care if they have LT and Bruce Smith.
LT and Bruce Smith? Neither won a SB.

CJ and Von have, why not spend the $36 elsewhere and just draft a QB at #5.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:40 PM 04-28-2018
CJ and Von have, why not spend the $36 elsewhere and just draft a QB at #5.
Because Horseface is a drunk, ego maniac...drafting another top QB and punting Lynch would be admitting you fucked up. Case gives him a reason to keep him in tow...
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:42 PM 04-28-2018
LT and Bruce Smith? Neither won a SB.

Lawrence Taylor (LT) won two...Smith played in four.
[Reply]
wasi 11:43 PM 04-28-2018
Because Horseface is a drunk, ego maniac...drafting another top QB and punting Lynch would be admitting you ****ed up. Case gives him a reason to keep him in tow...
Terrible, sounds like the Flyers. Their GM is their all time best goalie, and his ego seems to win out in some decisions.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 11:47 PM 04-28-2018
I definitely think the Broncos had a good draft - on paper. But that means nothing. You really wont know for a couple of years, but i suppose you can enjoy the hypothetical.

However I do think that they still lack in the most crucial position - and its going to become increasingly difficult to find one the further away from awful they become.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:52 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good:
I definitely think the Broncos had a good draft - on paper. But that means nothing. You really wont know for a couple of years, but i suppose you can enjoy the hypothetical.

However I do think that they still lack in the most crucial position - and its going to become increasingly difficult to find one the further away from awful they become.
Chubb satiated Horseface's ego...he gets the immediate draft grade gold stars...until they finish 7-9 and still need a QB. He probably filled the stands with suckers for another year...
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:51 AM 04-29-2018
On the surface, it does look like the Donks had a good draft. Chubb, Sutton, Yiadom and Hamilton would have been picks I would have been happy with. But I question the quality of their running game. Freeman certainly wasn't one of the most fancied backs in the draft. Their tight-end department Isn't anything special with Fumagalli either.

Defensively they may be decent again. Offensively though? With Keenum leading the way and a bunch of rookies likely to start? I think it could be another year they rely heavily on the D.
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:02 AM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
On the surface, it does look like the Donks had a good draft. Chubb, Sutton, Yiadom and Hamilton would have been picks I would have been happy with. But I question the quality of their running game. Freeman certainly wasn't one of the most fancied backs in the draft. Their tight-end department Isn't anything special with Fumagalli either.

Defensively they may be decent again. Offensively though? With Keenum leading the way and a bunch of rookies likely to start? I think it could be another year they rely heavily on the D.
I'd hate to see that.

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:30 AM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I'd hate to see that.
Just as much as you hated seeing this? :-)

[Reply]
Page 1727 of 4871
« First < 727122716271677171717231724172517261727 172817291730173117371777182722272727 > Last »
Up