ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2259 of 3903
« First < 1259175921592209224922552256225722582259 226022612262226322692309235927593259 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiTown 03:46 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
Oh god it’s so depressing... every district I’ve taught at passes f students from 8th to 9th grade. No questions asked. No accountability
That's crazy. What's to be accomplished by doing that? That's rhetorical....

My wife taught Chicago Public Schools for years. Accountability? Zilch. Get em in, get em through, get em out.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:47 PM 05-27-2020
Oh god yes, correct. It’s been that way my whole life. As a Hs science teacher I try as much as possible to make it about critical thinking and skills they’ll need for the real world but administration and the laws of our land have my hands tied. It’s depressing and makes the funding issues even more profound via synergy of shit
Could we possibly get Taxes/Stocks - Financial and other practical principles into public schools?
[Reply]
Mecca 03:49 PM 05-27-2020
Oh god it’s so depressing... every district I’ve taught at passes f students from 8th to 9th grade. No questions asked. No accountability
My daughter is this kid...she's now a sophomore she passes roughly 3 classes a semester and did 0 assignments once the home stuff started. She's ADHD and ODD and she literally ALWAYS blames teachers for why she fails "the teacher is an asshole"

If you try to hold her to any accountability she will hate you, super difficult kid that was trained early on in school she got rewards for doing nothing...and frankly I have no answer for her.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:50 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
That's crazy. What's to be accomplished by doing that? That's rhetorical....

My wife taught Chicago Public Schools for years. Accountability? Zilch. Get em in, get em through, get em out.
The goal is to get you to high school, then you're on your own.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:54 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Lol, no.

You really think CP could agree on anything?

(Other than rap music sucks)
Most Rap music after 2000 does suck.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:56 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Could we possibly get Taxes/Stocks - Financial and other practical principles into public schools?

Missouri requires high school students to take and pass a Personal Finance class to graduate. Not sure about other states.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:56 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
top things searched along with chifsplanet cargo shorts new balance shoes time life rock
I was hurt when I just learned my cargo pants and John Cena jean shorts are no longer in style :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:14 PM 05-27-2020
nailed it. you missed my edit, but it kinda explains the south.

there is still latent racism regardless of whether a person wants to acknowledge it, and it's funny.... the freaking slaves NOR THEIR DESCENDENDS obviously have never been on top (michael jordan, oprah, lebron and a handful over 160 years notwithstanding) but... it's the black man, right bubba?

yeah. it's the guy who's way higher % likelihood to have been born in a broken home, way higher chance of going to jail, way higher chance to be killed by violent means...

you absolutely nailed it. we MADE it black/white by policies (why is marijuana illegal? richard nixon and the fact that blacks/hippies liked it, so he wanted to demonize them).

it was always rich/poor and it's hilarious and sad to me that those most affected by it (my parents are life-long hard right leaning and... live in squalor/poverty).

vote against your interests, please people. keep voting to keep the money flowing to the top. great idea.
So you’re telling us to vote FOR our interests by voting democrat because their record of lifting the poor out of poverty is so stellar?

:-)

Go sell that garbage to the inner city dwellers who’ve voted dem generation after generation, and don’t have shit to show for it other than neighborhoods so crime ridden that many police actively avoid them

Trump comes along and provides record breaking employment numbers for minorities and you people act like it’s a big meaningless nothing

Several of you in here like to wax poetic about “we’re all in this together” and “let’s be reasonable adults and fix this”... but it only counts for you when it’s a Democrat doing the fixing

It’s those backwards inbred conservatives holding society back! :-)

You folks talk a big let’s get along game, but you’re straight up full of shit when it’s all boiled down
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:14 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Most Rap music after 2000 does suck.
Very true
[Reply]
Mecca 04:18 PM 05-27-2020
I don't really think either party does much to help poor people if you want to be honest.
[Reply]
stumppy 04:21 PM 05-27-2020
WTF is going on in here?

Do I have to bust out a bottle of Hydroxychloroquine to get you mofos back on subject?
[Reply]
Monticore 04:22 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The goal is to get you to high school, then you're on your own.
It is a big wake up call for kids when they hit college, high school is too easy and kids don’t know how to cope with anything.

You need to fail sometimes to get better and learn, FairPlay in sports etc.. playing for fun is BS , you don’t get rewarded for just participating in life.

I never let my kids win at anything, you are going to have to earn it.

Maybe I am just a dick lol.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:23 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
WTF is going on in here?

Do I have to bust out a bottle of Hydroxychloroquine to get you mofos back on subject?
Alright Alright....

North Carolina is up in hospitalizations, the highest they've been through this entire thing, Alabama is also seeing a pretty serious uptick in numbers as well.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:25 PM 05-27-2020
Also...this seems suspicious.

[Reply]
stumppy 04:28 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Alright Alright....

North Carolina is up in hospitalizations, the highest they've been through this entire thing, Alabama is also seeing a pretty serious uptick in numbers as well.
I seen something on the news that said Covid in the southeast part of the country was still on the rise while the rest of the country had almost leveled or was dropping.
[Reply]
Page 2259 of 3903
« First < 1259175921592209224922552256225722582259 226022612262226322692309235927593259 > Last »
Up