ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
DenverChief 06:47 AM 01-14-2020
In all the celebration about Mahomes/Kelce let’s not forget about Watkins “quiet” contributions on Sunday. A 48 yard catch and run in the first drive of the 3rd quarter to put us deep in Texans territory and set up the first Williams TD run. A14 yard jet sweep run to help set up Damian Williams second TD run and a 28 yard 4th quarter reception that set up the 8 yard TD pass to Bell. Watkins is dangerous and must be accounted for in the field, anytime he can help get chunks of yards to move the offense up and down the field is a good days work
[Reply]
O.city 09:52 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I was talking about Tyreek, brotha. Someone posted that it was time for him to start earning his paycheck, which is laughable.
Yeah, in that case for sure. He also puts up numbers though too.

I'd just roll Pringle into Sammy's spot next year, pocket that money to go elsewhere and roll from there.
[Reply]
O.city 09:54 AM 01-14-2020
If you could extend Sammy for decent money, I'd do it. I know the injuries and shit suck, whatever.

But with the upcoming draft full of WR's, he may not want to hit the market at this point and I doubt anyone will trade much for him.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:58 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
The one that actually gave us that shot in the arm with the kickoff return and pulled us out of that mess.
Hill takes that one to the house if he is back there.:-)

Like I said, Hill probably didn't take any practice punts during the week to get his "punting eyes" back in shape.:-) And Andy trusted Hill who has never had any issues prior.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:26 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
The game Sunday was too big for DRob though. Time to move on.
Agreed, the NFL in general seems to be too big for DRob, other than a few moments such as in the Week 2 Raiders game.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:49 AM 01-14-2020
Sammy made some big time plays. Hope he can stay healthy and keep making a positive impact as we finish the season.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:55 PM 01-14-2020
When you get the 3rd or 4th best secondary players on guys like Watkins, Hardman and Robinson- that is a huge mismatch.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:01 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
An injury on the 2nd to last play of practice is a non football injury? Also, are you saying hes playing for a tag or on a tag? Regardless, neither are true. Hes playing for a long term deal and tearing something while also being ineffective wouldn't be good for a long term payday.
I didn’t know the basketball thing had been debunked or whatever report is generally accepted these days.

He’s on the last year of his deal. Nobody wants to be on the tag. Hes playing for his next contract.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:06 PM 01-14-2020
Sammy had a big day vs. Jax after Tyreek went down. Then he pretty much disappeared the rest of the season. He won't be back next year. They'll promote Hardman and give more of a shot to Pringle. Robinson better not drop a bunch of balls this week or he could be gone next year too.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:08 PM 01-14-2020
They need to draft Watkins replacement this Draft in the mid rounds, get a big tall receiver with some 4.5 speed and serviceable hands and you should be able to replicate his production, Hardman can help stretch the field. I saw three or four guys on Clemson/LSU that could do his job easily. You can keep him around one more year if Andy needs him, but eventually, he's not worth the investment as a distraction/third/fourth option.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:09 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Hill takes that one to the house if he is back there.:-)

Like I said, Hill probably didn't take any practice punts during the week to get his "punting eyes" back in shape.:-) And Andy trusted Hill who has never had any issues prior.
Regardless, the first thing I thought when Hill dropped that punt was that stupid thread on here demanding Hill return punts.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 01:20 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Regardless, the first thing I thought when Hill dropped that punt was that stupid thread on here demanding Hill return punts.
The time to put Hill back there is when he has room to operate. Not when he will be at or inside the 10 yard line.

Nobody is afraid of of a returner when the coverage unit arrives at same time as the punt. Returner has no choice but to fair catch or step aside.

Had they actually punted on the Sorenson fake punt, it would have been the perfect yardage for a Hill return.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:21 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Sammy had a big day vs. Jax after Tyreek went down. Then he pretty much disappeared the rest of the season. He won't be back next year. They'll promote Hardman and give more of a shot to Pringle. Robinson better not drop a bunch of balls this week or he could be gone next year too.
Robinsons a FA so he probably is gone unless he's coming back super cheap.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:16 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
This narrative is false.

I guess it's understandable though. He had a 198 yard 3 TD day in week 1 then never has another game like it for the season, and people are easily led to believe that he's been a ghost. That he hasn't contributed to the success of the team in 2019.

But that's not true. If you take an hour and watch the Chiefs highlights reel here on CP (or any of them on YT) you find that Watkins has come up with big time catches throughout the season. many of them directly influenced at least the outcome of a scoring drive. Some impacted the direction of the game.

Yeah, he had some drops, such as the one in the Titans game, that he really should've caught even if it was a little high.

But overall, he's been steady. And he's got better hands than just about any of our other receivers outside of Kelce. Go and look at some of the catches he's made this year and last. The one-handed snag in the AFCCG over the middle was as good a catch as I've seen by a Chief ever.

And the catch he made on Sunday was great, but the RAC was better. And it was especially great because DRob couldn't catch a cold on Sunday (not bagging on him, just stating a fact). But the significance of that catch had more to do with just yards.

It hurt the Texans when Watkins made that catch and run. It may have been the proverbial straw that broke the Texans' backs. That catch told HOU "look, our WR3 just made a great grab and torched you for 50 yards." Most teams don't get that kind of performance from their WR3. Most simply take up roster space.

Bottom line, if we aren't going to keep Sammy we better be serious about finding his clone (albeit more available), because the Chiefs offense needs a guy that can make his kinds of plays.

Because right now, without him, we don't have a big, fast, physical receiver with great hands that runs really good routes over the middle in traffic.

And the last thing about Sammy is that he's willing. He goes out there and does what they ask of him whether it's run decoys, block, run picks, whatever. He doesn't complain or get pouty; he just does what he's asked to do. And he loves being a Chief.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:17 PM 01-14-2020
We really bitching about Tyreek? He’s the reason why Kelce is unstoppable rn
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:19 PM 01-14-2020
Sammy Watkins has acts like he is just a visitor. You can read it by the body language and the stories told around town. I think people pick up on that a bit plus he is always hurt and he has had games where he has just quit. I don't hate the guy hope he enjoys the money. Would love for him to come out HAM the rest of the time in a chiefs uniform. Alex Rios of the chiefs!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up