ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
DenverChief 06:47 AM 01-14-2020
In all the celebration about Mahomes/Kelce let’s not forget about Watkins “quiet” contributions on Sunday. A 48 yard catch and run in the first drive of the 3rd quarter to put us deep in Texans territory and set up the first Williams TD run. A14 yard jet sweep run to help set up Damian Williams second TD run and a 28 yard 4th quarter reception that set up the 8 yard TD pass to Bell. Watkins is dangerous and must be accounted for in the field, anytime he can help get chunks of yards to move the offense up and down the field is a good days work
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:15 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
He’s can’t do any of that in street clothes.
Except the not being a diva part.
[Reply]
notorious 08:19 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

“A couple of times, I thought, like, ‘Man, this is over,’” receiver Sammy Watkins said. “One guy that came up to me was Travis. He said, ‘Hey man, don’t look like that, your body language.’ I was like, ‘OK, he knows something I don’t know.’ I just stayed positive after that.”
That’s a hell of a “Can-Do” attitude. :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:22 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Sure, but he’s being paid like the 10th best receiver in the league and producing like the 60th.

Conley had better stats this year for $2.5M.

And I’ll leave this quote right here. Sammy was the Showtime/Billay of the team.

“A couple of times, I thought, like, ‘Man, this is over,’” receiver Sammy Watkins said. “One guy that came up to me was Travis. He said, ‘Hey man, don’t look like that, your body language.’ I was like, ‘OK, he knows something I don’t know.’ I just stayed positive after that.”
Do you think Andy and Veach signed him thinking, “we’re gonna squeeze out top 10 WR production from this guy while simultaneously feeding Kelce and Hill.... yeah, no doubt”...?

They knew what it would be. This move was about creating a track team offense for their young QB that made his transition into starting very smooth. It was about giving Reid every tool necessary to scheme up a historically explosive offensive attack.

You have to look beyond numbers sometimes. Like yeah we could force it to Sammy more, but then Kelce and/or Hill begin to produce less and people would bitch about that.

This is a whole unit of attack you have to look at — again, just consider how much he helps against a team like NE where they feel like they have to cover him with their best cover guy.

People who thought Watkins was ever going to be this 1200 yard 10 TD receiver had it wrong from the start.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:30 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
That's what I told the guy behind us. He thought Sammy should've thrown it away. I told him that Sammy isn't a QB and should be commended for not throwing that ball at all.
Should have thrown the ball away. But not going to get on a receiver for not having that awareness.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:31 AM 01-14-2020
There’s a rule where a player can’t throw it away unless he’s the one who ‘first controlled the snap’ AKA the QB. It would have been intentional grounding.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:32 AM 01-14-2020
I will say that our receivers play really good team football. Demarcus had stone hands sunday. But you gotta love watching him sprint across the field to block for other people.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:33 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
There’s a rule where a player can’t throw it away unless he’s the one who ‘first controlled the snap’ AKA the QB. It would have been intentional grounding.
Forgot about that. Good call!
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:34 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Ribbs67:
Yeah I don't get the Hill bashing for the muffed punt. He hasn't been back there in a minute. Bound to happen.
If it’s bound to happen then how can you not see why we hate it? Stick with your pro bowl returner and not someone who hasn’t fielded punts pretty much all season.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:37 AM 01-14-2020
People always bash the Watkins signing without acknowledging that he was a luxury item. We had a shit load of money to spend and we were getting a new QB settled in.

I get that you’re pissed that he cost so much, but keep in mind he was CHEAP last year. His big cap hit deals are this year and next year. It’s likely that he’s only been a burden on our cap for 1 year.

And yeah he’s been hurt often, but he has shown up in the playoffs and that’s what I care about. He’s been healthy, he’s been productive and he’s made our offense more potent.

Sammy’s contract is up before Pat gets a monster cap hit anyway. Relax people
[Reply]
scho63 08:38 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Also, props to him for not forcing some stupid throw downfield on the trick play.
If he only knew to throw it out of bound instead that would have been just a little better.

He did have a great game overall and on the plus side.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 08:39 AM 01-14-2020
Play him at running back outside the hash marks
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01-14-2020, 08:42 AM
This message has been deleted by Titty Meat. Reason: .
Hoover 08:45 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
People always bash the Watkins signing without acknowledging that he was a luxury item. We had a shit load of money to spend and we were getting a new QB settled in.

I get that you’re pissed that he cost so much, but keep in mind he was CHEAP last year. His big cap hit deals are this year and next year. It’s likely that he’s only been a burden on our cap for 1 year.

And yeah he’s been hurt often, but he has shown up in the playoffs and that’s what I care about. He’s been healthy, he’s been productive and he’s made our offense more potent.

Sammy’s contract is up before Pat gets a monster cap hit anyway. Relax people
This.

AND he was brought in to help out a first year starter at QB, but little did we know Mahomes would come out of the gate like he has.

I like Sammy, and believe he has value to the Chiefs and other teams. Now, I'm not sure its a wise investment to keep him here money wise, but I think we could spin him for a mid-round pick. You would have to think the Packers would love to have a guy like Sammy. What about the Bengals, who will be developing a talented new QB.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:48 AM 01-14-2020
He's going to be back at a reduced rate.

No one is giving him big money and I think he's going to chase another ring.

Plus, Hardman is a year away from being starting caliber. Mahomes himself told me this.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:52 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Would be nice to see Hill earn his money on this playoff run. He’s been pretty silent the last month or so outside of that muffed punt Sunday.
Tyreek's earning his pay anytime he's out on the field. His influence on games is legitimately immeasurable. Having him on the field creates constant mismatches for our other weapons.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:55 AM 01-14-2020
Really curious to see how our WRs shake out next year. I see Sammy's market value going way down but probably not enough to pay him. I can see demarcus' market value going down enough to maybe keep him. Feel like we can give more responsibility to Pringle and Hardman and still be in good shape.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up