ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
DenverChief 06:47 AM 01-14-2020
In all the celebration about Mahomes/Kelce let’s not forget about Watkins “quiet” contributions on Sunday. A 48 yard catch and run in the first drive of the 3rd quarter to put us deep in Texans territory and set up the first Williams TD run. A14 yard jet sweep run to help set up Damian Williams second TD run and a 28 yard 4th quarter reception that set up the 8 yard TD pass to Bell. Watkins is dangerous and must be accounted for in the field, anytime he can help get chunks of yards to move the offense up and down the field is a good days work
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:34 PM 01-20-2020

Please don't ever do this again Sammy. It made me nervous in real time and it still makes me nervous every time I see the replay.

It would be the Chiefiest thing ever to lose a game on Sammy Watkins pulling a DeShaun Jackson on a game clinching TD.

Luckily after 50 years we have finally found the miracle cure to Chiefitis.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:08 PM 01-20-2020
I was telling my wife before the game that it would be cool is Watkins was going to go off like the Jags game
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:20 PM 01-20-2020
He could easily go off in the Superbowl too.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 10:48 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Please don't ever do this again Sammy. It made me nervous in real time and it still makes me nervous every time I see the replay.

It would be the Chiefiest thing ever to lose a game on Sammy Watkins pulling a DeShaun Jackson on a game clinching TD.

lol I noticed this too. You'd think Watkins would've learned about celebrating too early:

[Reply]
Halfcan 10:51 PM 01-20-2020
49ers don't have anyone that can cover Sammy. They are doomed to failure.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:53 PM 01-20-2020
Do the Shanahan's still spray their O linemen down with cooking spray like they did in Denver?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:53 PM 01-20-2020
He could easily go off in the Superbowl too.
It's likely that he will.

Their DC has to double-bracket Hill;they don't have anyone that can single cover him. And they have to double Kelce. Watkins is going to be singled most of the time.

He might run shorter routes due to the quickness of their front four, but he shoudl have plenty of chances to snatch a half a dozen passes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:14 AM 01-21-2020

Just FYI: Sammy was a full stride, probably 3 feet over the line when he flipped the ball away. It wasn't close at all.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:20 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Contract paid for itself today. Going forward, who knows, doesn’t matter.
Yep...Chiefs are in the SB because that bomb put the game out of reach.

If that was the only catch he made...the entire time he was a Chief...it was worth it.

After 50 years...how much is a SB clinching TD worth?
[Reply]
Brooklyn 07:07 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It's likely that he will.

Their DC has to double-bracket Hill;they don't have anyone that can single cover him. And they have to double Kelce. Watkins is going to be singled most of the time.

He might run shorter routes due to the quickness of their front four, but he shoudl have plenty of chances to snatch a half a dozen passes.

Shorter routes could lead to a lot of YAC. I still think about his focus on playing like a RB after the catch in the offseason. Props to Coach Bienemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
wachashi 07:57 AM 01-21-2020
I hope Mahomes and Watkins are dialed in on that short out-breaking route they ran to pick up a key first down against the Titans. Mahomes threw the ball WAY before Sammy even started to break - the defender had no chance. It's likely that Watkins will have a scrub guarding him against the 49ers (they don't have depth in their defensive backfield), and those yards could be there all game.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:59 AM 01-21-2020
He's made the contract worth it. Kudos to him and the rest of the offense.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:16 AM 01-21-2020
In 4 playoff games with the Chiefs Watkins has 366 yards receiving, with 114 yards in each AFCCG.
[Reply]
notorious 08:22 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
I hope Mahomes and Watkins are dialed in on that short out-breaking route they ran to pick up a key first down against the Titans. Mahomes threw the ball WAY before Sammy even started to break - the defender had no chance. It's likely that Watkins will have a scrub guarding him against the 49ers (they don't have depth in their defensive backfield), and those yards could be there all game.
That might have been the most impressive play of the game. I was speechless that Watkins tracked that laser and made the catch. His reaction time was insane.
[Reply]
blake5676 08:30 AM 01-21-2020
I'm torn on Sammy. Every playoff game he goes off makes me appreciate him more and also believe it's more likely we can get some higher compensation for him in a trade this offseason.

And then at the same time, it makes me realize it's doing nothing to help the possibility of getting him to come back/restructure at a more team friendly number (nor should he). I don't pretend to know about the cap and all the intricacies and tricks teams can pull off with bonuses, deferrments, etc. But he's not likely to cost less when he's showing out in these big games.

While he can be frustrating as all hell when he seemingly disappears for stretches throughout the season and has a somewhat earned reputation for getting banged up, there isn't a receiver on our team that I think is better at YAC. Save the cheetah due to speed obviously. But Sammy is always making guys miss and grabbing an extra chunk when he's catching the ball. He's so damn fun to watch with the ball in his hands.

I guess this is just one of those good problems to have :-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up