ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Anthony Bourdain
KCUnited 05:36 AM 06-08-2018
Dead at 61 per various media outlets

New York (CNN)Anthony Bourdain, a gifted storyteller and writer who took CNN viewers around the world, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/an...bit/index.html
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:20 PM 07-06-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You think that’s blowing through money?

Go read about recent report on Johnny Depp. That’s a holy shit level of spending and waste.
Drugs and alcohol can evaporate a pile of money of almost any size.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:07 AM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Drugs and alcohol can evaporate a pile of money of almost any size.
That, and going through life like he's a Saudi prince. The recent Rolling Stone article says he blows through $2M a month.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:50 AM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That, and going through life like he's a Saudi prince. The recent Rolling Stone article says he blows through $2M a month.
Spending $2M a month could result in some awesome memories (as long as you don't kill yourself after you spend it).
[Reply]
Rausch 08:26 AM 07-07-2018
There's no doubt he was burning the candle at both ends (and ftr, I loved the guy.)

He's also known as stupidly loyal to people he does like.

I think his twisted gf might have pulled him out into deep waters...
[Reply]
lewdog 08:29 AM 07-07-2018
Yea not that drugs weren’t a part of it but sounds like just living luxurious with EVERYTIING.

daily $30k bottles of wine and such.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:37 AM 07-07-2018
Yea not that drugs weren’t a part of it but sounds like just living luxurious with EVERYTIING.

I hope he wrote them off as a business expense.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:39 AM 07-07-2018

Not great for an addict.

That said his twitter was much more "curt" than his TV reviews.

And he had a strange relationship with his current gf and normal daddy issues with his daughter.

I think his death is sketchy but I would lean more towards the GF than "omg Hillary kilt him for his twitter!"
[Reply]
lewdog 08:43 AM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Not great for an addict.

That said his twitter was much more "curt" than his TV reviews.

And he had a strange relationship with his current gf and normal daddy issues with his daughter.

I think his death is sketchy but I would lean more towards the GF than "omg Hillary kilt him for his twitter!"
Sorry, I was referencing Depp in my post. I think Frazod was too.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:44 AM 07-07-2018
It's easy to blow through a ton of money when you love to party and love when everyone has a good time when you are.

Trust me i know. But i wouldn't trade the times. Money can be made any time.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:11 AM 07-07-2018
Sorry, I was referencing Depp in my post. I think Frazod was too.
My bad - late to the game.

I'm not sure how Depp (other than being really odd lately) fits in. Fill me in if you don't mind.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:13 AM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
French authorities are saying that AB had a significant amount of alcohol in him
Always look at the "SO" first...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:49 AM 07-07-2018

I'm not sure how Depp (other than being really odd lately) fits in. Fill me in if you don't mind.
It was just recently revealed that Bourdain didn't have nearly the assets one would expect, leading to speculation where his wealth went.

In other recent news, Depp has notoriously depleted an immense fortune [on a scale of $3/4B (with a B)] with lavish spending habits. So people were drawing connections between Depp's spending and Bourdain's apparent spending.

The recent article on Depp

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...y-depp-666010/
[Reply]
lewdog 09:57 AM 07-07-2018

DO you even read?
[Reply]
Rausch 10:00 AM 07-07-2018
DO you even read?
I sleep around 3 hours a day and do nothing but that.

But I'm also the resident conspiracy advocate.

Yes, I've read it. You tell me what you think...
[Reply]
Rausch 10:04 AM 07-07-2018
DO you even read?
Originally Posted by :
DEPP We sit down for dinner, and I ask if he remembers the first big purchase he made when he started making money. He rolls another joint that he first passes to me and then to Waldman. He wants me to know it wasn’t a Ferrari, but a house for his mama.
“My mom was born in a ****ing holler in eastern Kentucky,” says Depp. “Her poor ****ing ass was on phenobarbital at 12.”
Says a lot to me.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Up