ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
Dante84 10:22 PM 03-22-2024
We are now the wealthiest man at Plato’s Closet.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:23 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:
No other GM would afford us the luxury of getting out in front of the market. It would be counterintuitive for the entire rest of the league to do anything other than wait it out. Sucks but pretty cut and dried.
Or just not franchise tag him at all and let him walk.

Was it worth it to freeze up their ability to be active in free agency… ultimately just to get a 3rd round pick next year in return?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:27 PM 03-22-2024
Look out Tyler Boyd's of FA, Bart is horney and has cash
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 10:28 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Or just not franchise tag him at all and let him walk.

Was it worth it to freeze up their ability to be active in free agency… ultimately just to get a 3rd round pick next year in return?
This is a more logical/intriguing critique. Perhaps I’m missing something obvious (probably)…but how did the tag approach ultimately help the Chiefs maximize the return?

Simply to have the flexibility to keep him at a price point they seemingly were never going to retain him? I guess it helped with the perception we might just keep him, even if they knew they actually had no intention.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:28 PM 03-22-2024
On the bright side, at least the drama is over with Jones & Sneed. Hopefully Veach will crush the Draft.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:31 PM 03-22-2024
This seems not great, but it is literally impossible for me to be upset about this team right now due to the whole 3 Super Bowls in 5 years thing. Wbf and the three-peat is still happening imho
[Reply]
RunKC 10:35 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I honestly didn’t care. Once there were less than a handful of teams interested…we should have realized we weren’t getting shit for him. We all would have been bitching the second he didn’t report or sat out because of some “injury”.

He wasn’t getting paid by us. Sucks we didn’t get more. I’m done giving a shit.
This. And the team rumored to be wanting Sneed early on for a 2 wouldn’t do a trade for with us bc Sneed was asking for an insane contract and they ended up walking away and made other moves.

It feels like the Titans were the only team left. Everyone was saying Colts and Titans for the last week and Schefter pretty much told us the Colts bowed out.

Sneed kinda fucked us here
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:35 PM 03-22-2024
This is a more logical/intriguing critique. Perhaps I’m missing something obvious (probably)…but how did the tag approach ultimately help the Chiefs maximize the return?
There's no guarantee you get a 3rd round comp pick from Sneed. The formula isn't concrete, despite all the guessing and calculations from smart NFL people, you still never know what you'll get. Using the tag and trade helps guarantee what you'll get.

And all the other things that come along with the tag (i.e. - you keep a good player for a year if a trade isn't made)
[Reply]
KingPriest2 10:39 PM 03-22-2024
His contract.

4 years. 76 mil
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:40 PM 03-22-2024

Simply to have the flexibility to keep him at a price point they seemingly were never going to retain him? I guess it helped with the perception we might just keep him, even if they knew they actually had no intention.
Because the team looked different weeks ago, other players weren't signed, free agency hadn't started, they hadn't gotten any offers for Sneed....

All of this stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum.. they have to make what they think is the best decision at the time and have a plan B and a plan C and a plan Q.
[Reply]
scho63 10:40 PM 03-22-2024
Not the worst trade but far from best.

1. Trading to AFC team and quasi competitor sucks.
2. Comp lighter than expected
3. Free up some cap space is positive

Not sure where we lost real leverage on this. Feel they got better of this unless Veach and Chiefs feel Sneed's knee is suspect.

Gotta trust Veach but feels a little weak on this deal. :-)
[Reply]
irafreak 10:45 PM 03-22-2024
Yep we got worse today. We'll see what happens to the 19m. Seemed like signing Jones was a move to go all in for the threepeat. This move seems opposite. Gotta see where the money goes though. Hopefully not to extend guys.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:58 PM 03-22-2024
I has the sads. Sneed was rapidly moving up my all-time list of favorite players.

The only thing that dries my tears is the three Super Bowl wins in five years.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 10:59 PM 03-22-2024
I suspect Clark Hunt signing off on the Jones deal was contingent on Sneed’s tag cost or new contract expectations never hitting our books. Obviously easy to say with benefit of hindsight, but the lofty expectation of 2nd rounder or better were asinine. Much of what the media reports is at the behest of teams simply trying to give their own strategic narratives life. Diana Russini’s source for reporting “Chiefs will get first round return” was probably…the Chiefs.

Remember when Schefter was busted for letting the Redskins front office vet his reports, but then nobody gave a damn? They’re all just fulla shit mostly. Even PrettyRicky LOL.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:01 PM 03-22-2024
in for sneed fucking up the texans maybe?
[Reply]
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up