ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Blood Pressure Cuff?
Buehler445 08:38 PM 05-25-2018
Wife needs to start checking her blood pressure on the regular. Looking for a monitor, but have no idea what kinds are any kind of good. Amazon, as good as the ratings are, virtually every one of them have reviews that say its junk and its the greatest thing ever.

Anybody have any insight?

TIA
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:22 AM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Shouldn't you care more about your cholesterol and tryglycerides than BP?
Here’s what I know: Doctor knows more than I do.

I’m pretty sure she had labs not long ago and that shit was in line. Her family has hypertension bad.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:42 AM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Shouldn't you care more about your cholesterol and tryglycerides than BP?
They are both silent killers when not monitored. One is no more important to monitor than the other. Everyone needs a full blood panel every 2-3 years Too.
[Reply]
sedated 10:46 AM 05-26-2018
I use Omron with an arm band, compared it to my Dr's readings 3 or 4 times and always spot on.
[Reply]
Flying High D 11:50 AM 05-26-2018
Don’t forget to monitor your testosterone level.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:57 AM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
They are both silent killers when not monitored. One is no more important to monitor than the other. Everyone needs a full blood panel every 2-3 years Too.
I would hope everyone knows this. Along with liver enzymes, PSA, t level, glucose, and the other blood tested indicators that can help you live longer and better and prevent serious conditions if detected early.

Every 2-3 years?
Since I turned 40 I do full panel once a year. Wouldn’t be against twice a year when I get older.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:09 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I would hope everyone knows this. Along with liver enzymes, PSA, t level, glucose, and the other blood tested indicators that can help you live longer and better and prevent serious conditions if detected early.

Every 2-3 years?
Since I turned 40 I do full panel once a year. Wouldn’t be against twice a year when I get older.
Most people neglect it all, sadly. Many people straight neglect going to a doctor for a yearly physical. I too get a full panel every year. It’s preventative medicine at its best. But every 2-3 years is a better option than many people are doing. Once a problem is spotted, you’d benefit from getting it done every year for the rest of your life.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:19 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:

Every 2-3 years?
I’ve been getting an annual since 30
[Reply]
vailpass 01:04 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’ve been getting an annual since 30
:-) Take care of the machine.
[Reply]
Stewie 01:11 PM 05-26-2018
I have a ReliOn BP monitor. It's Walmart's brand that's made by Omron. I've had it for years and had it checked a couple of times at the Dr's office and it's spot on. You just have to be sure the cuff is oriented properly to get an accurate reading. Easy to do.

BP is a tricky thing to check. Everyone's BP will fluctuate significantly throughout the day. To get a good baseline, check your BP when you get up in the morning before you do any physical exertion.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:25 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I have a ReliOn BP monitor. It's Walmart's brand that's made by Omron. I've had it for years and had it checked a couple of times at the Dr's office and it's spot on. You just have to be sure the cuff is oriented properly to get an accurate reading. Easy to do.

BP is a tricky thing to check. Everyone's BP will fluctuate significantly throughout the day. To get a good baseline, check your BP when you get up in the morning before you do any physical exertion.
x 2. Always check your BP the same time each day or week. One reading is not a diagnosis either......what you are looking for is an average over time but always check the same time each day because the readings will fluctuate throughout the day.....
[Reply]
TinyEvel 08:49 PM 05-26-2018
I have a Nokia wireless one that connects to a health app. I also have the smart scale and activity tracker (fitbit) synced to the app to get a whole health dashboard.

https://fsastore.com/Withings-Wirele...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:42 PM 05-26-2018
After wifes heart surgery her Cardiologist got her the Omron cuff gizmo. They did the high tech check with the office machine and would cross check with the cuff. it was very consistent and it will give a relatively accurate result...as the Cardiologist said, that is the real issue...relativity and consistency. I have one I keep in the pickup as well.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:26 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Stay away from the wrist cuffs. There is a reason they are not used by professionals.

The Omron line are the most reliable of the in-home cuffs.

Omron 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Cuff that fits Standard and L... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KPQB2NS..._LeocBbB3JAB28
OK. I’m the village idiot apparently.

I bought this one thanks to the recs in this thread. (Much appreciated BTW one of the things that makes this place great)

This thing reads super high on me. This fall I had some trouble getting dizzy if I was bent over working on stuff so after harvest I started monitoring my BP thinking that might be the problem. This thing was reading super high so I figured that’s what it was. Made some diet changes, exercised more and slept more. Haven’t been dizzy while I’ve bent over, but this thing still reads high.

Had a doctors appointment so I brought it in.

Manual read 132/74

This thing read 141/96

It’s reassuring that I’m not going to pop, but I’m wondering if I can make the thing work. I’m always sitting. I position the inflator where it needs to be. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

FWIW it reads the wife normally.

Any advice?
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 11:28 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
OK. I’m the village idiot apparently.

I bought this one thanks to the recs in this thread. (Much appreciated BTW one of the things that makes this place great)

This thing reads super high on me. This fall I had some trouble getting dizzy if I was bent over working on stuff so after harvest I started monitoring my BP thinking that might be the problem. This thing was reading super high so I figured that’s what it was. Made some diet changes, exercised more and slept more. Haven’t been dizzy while I’ve bent over, but this thing still reads high.

Had a doctors appointment so I brought it in.

Manual read 132/74

This thing read 141/96

It’s reassuring that I’m not going to pop, but I’m wondering if I can make the thing work. I’m always sitting. I position the inflator where it needs to be. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

FWIW it reads the wife normally.

Any advice?
I have one and have noticed that readings are affected by many variables. If I walk over and sit down my readings will be 10 points higher than sitting for 10 minutes or so first. So I keep it by the computer and use it after a bit of time on the computer. I have been on BP meds for years and watch mine closely.
PS try not pre wrapping it so tightly and see how that effects the reading. If you have big wrists it's easy to over tighten.
PSS the main thing is that your using it ! Good on you mate.
PSSS I just noticed that mine (a walgreens model) has a specific wrist circumference range 13.5 cm - 19.5 cm, could it be you're too big? You stud!
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:58 AM 01-04-2019
Threads you should't be visiting while testing blood pressure...

The Redhead Thread
Women with clothes and then naked
Boobs, nothing but boobs
Berry foot hurting him
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up