ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What attributes will my new neighbor(s) have? Check all that apply.
Will be “distant friendly”, waving but seldom chatting 18 36.00%
Will be a Chiefs fan 3 6.00%
Will be a cult 7 14.00%
Will be a member of Chiefsplanet 1 2.00%
Will be a recluse, never leaving the house 5 10.00%
Will be a stoner 17 34.00%
Will be a vegan 10 20.00%
Will be an avid Broncos fan 24 48.00%
Will be retired 3 6.00%
Will be swingers who propose wife swapping 7 14.00%
Will be the Barney and Betty to my Fried and Wilma and we'll do everything together 2 4.00%
Will be very interested in unexplained phenomena like Bigfoot and UFOs 6 12.00%
Will be Von Miller 6 12.00%
Will be more than 15 years younger than me 14 28.00%
Will come into my house unannounced and take food out of my refrigerator 6 12.00%
Will contain a registered sex offender (not a teacher who scored with a student) 9 18.00%
Will contain a registered sex offender who is a teacher who scored with her student. 7 14.00%
Will contain an adult child who never launched 10 20.00%
Will eventually hop a freighter to Venezuela with me 3 6.00%
Will give out amazing candy at Halloween, like 16 ounce Hershey bars 4 8.00%
Will grow large quantities of marijuana in the house 9 18.00%
Will hang out on my porch with me, drinking Pibb Xtra and commenting on pedestrians 3 6.00%
Will have a constantly barking dog 13 26.00%
Will have a Duggar-like family composition 3 6.00%
Will have a scorchingly hot college-age daughter 5 10.00%
Will have a telescope pointed toward my window 8 16.00%
Will have a weird tech job that I can't even make conversation about, so I can only nod when they tell me 5 10.00%
Will have awesome Christmas lights 3 6.00%
Will have weird and dull hobbies that don’t interest me at all. 10 20.00%
Will include an attractive mature woman who does naked yoga 5 10.00%
Will include at least one nude sunbather woman 3 6.00%
Will invite us onto their yacht for epic adventures 1 2.00%
Will let me play with their cat. 4 8.00%
Will like my wife, but not me. 11 22.00%
Will maintain a world-class yard 2 4.00%
Will move out again within two years 8 16.00%
Will mow their lawn in Bermuda shorts and sandals with socks 6 12.00%
Will never acknowledge my existence 7 14.00%
Will not speak English 6 12.00%
Will own a loud motorcycle that they rev early in the morning 6 12.00%
Will paint their house in zebra stripes or camo 3 6.00%
Will put out planters that are made from old tires or barrels 7 14.00%
Will regularly bring me delicious homemade pies 2 4.00%
Will rent out an AirBnB room 6 12.00%
Will restore my faith in humanity with their kindness 1 2.00%
Will shovel my walk of snow just to be nice 1 2.00%
Will sit on a couch on their porch, wearing a wife beater shirt and glaring at me 11 22.00%
Will take issue with our fence placement 11 22.00%
I think the house will sit vacant and never be occupied. 2 4.00%
I think your neighbors are imaginary and you really live next door to an empty lot. 4 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>My neighbor is moving.
Rain Man 12:32 PM 05-25-2018
I've lived in my house for 23 years, and I've always had the same two next door neighbors. Now one of them is going to move and I'm going to have to break in a new neighbor. I don't like the pace of change that I'm seeing.

I don't know what to expect. What will my new neighbor be like?

Poll coming in a moving van that will park in front of my house.
[Reply]
Warrick 10:34 AM 05-26-2018
Lucky you!
[Reply]
Bowser 03:00 PM 05-26-2018
So far the consensus is

- will be an avid Bronco fan
- will be a stoner
- will be a distant friendly neighbor

I'm betting on

- will be in a cult
- will have a constantly barking dog
- will have a Duggar like family composition
[Reply]
38yrsfan 03:59 PM 05-26-2018
I can understand your concerns and subsequent plea to the Planet for guidance. We moved into our current place almost 20 years ago and were the new kids until last year when the neighbors behind us sold out! They (the new peopl e) were only there 6 months before a another realtor sign went back up. Hmmmmmm ......
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:12 PM 05-26-2018
So you feel the need to keep up with your neighbors. Are they the Jones'? Grass should be let get any taller than 6" before it is cut. That isnpushing it too.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
[Reply]
banecat 06:13 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by SPchief:
You are mad that someone mows more than you can pay someone to come out to mow yours, while he parks in the garage? Nut up and mow tool
No, one guy's an overachiever who mows all of the time. And right next to me on the side is the guy who has a two car garage with two cars parked in it and parks two more cars on one side of his driveway. They both have dogs that bark all of the time. They both put their cars in their garage. They must have big basements for storage and home offices. I'm not a kid and so I'm not mowing any lawn, and I'm not paying someone to mow it more than once a week
[Reply]
banecat 06:14 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by SPchief:
Re-reading this, you're just a tool
Maybe so. More of a dick
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:55 PM 05-26-2018
I hate neighbors. Living in town would be worse than death.
[Reply]
Eureka 06:52 AM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
I hate neighbors. Living in town would be worse than death.
That explains a lot.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:21 AM 06-15-2018
My view yesterday and today. Thanks neighbor for blocking my view from my fire pit and getting to see your shed for the next 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sorce 10:10 AM 06-15-2018
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
My view yesterday and today. Thanks neighbor for blocking my view from my fire pit and getting to see your shed for the next 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I know people bitch about HOAs but this is what they prevent.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:15 AM 06-15-2018
Originally Posted by Sorce:
I know people bitch about HOAs but this is what they prevent.
Wouldn't they prevent the fire pit?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:49 AM 06-15-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
Hope for the best. But the worst will happen. Three out of the four houses on the street and across the street have changed owners in the past three years. A fifth will happen soon as the neighbor directly across the street has put up a for sale sign. On each side the new neighbors are worse than the old ones, but not as bad as across the street on the corner

The neighbor on one side has a dog that barks all of the time and mows his lawn twice a week. On the other side they own at least four cars, every Friday he has to wash his primary car while listening to accordion, tuba, and keyboard radio, they put there trash out early on Sunday for some reason so if it's windy it blows over here in the yard, doesn't take care of the yard, but at least they fixed the broken garage door after two years, but have a barking dog

The best neighbor beats out khaki pants man, all three of the lawnmower men but one moved was replaced by the only decent new neighbor and the soon to be moving lawnmower man 2, camaro man, "Asianed out" car man, and vette man, Winnebago man who parks it in the driveway so that he has to have three cars in the street, the globetrotters who play basketball 23 hours a day, and a couple of others that I don't like

That brings us the lawn ornament man. It's bad enough that the motorcycle that he uses every warm day from April 1st to October 1st has a cold engine that has to be revved every morning before work with the loud pipes saving lives thing, but he only has room for his big tire truck and jet ski in his driveway. So his daughter and wife have to park in the street clogging that bend in the road with living on the corner. Then he leaves his damn deflated christmas decorations in the yard until a few weeks ago. I haven't checked, but I think that even though they're off the lights are still up

It's like an apartment complex over here now. I don't think that it'd be that different to move a few blocks over into the townhouses with all of the Latin American Americans. That felt good, end rant
Another story about a guy who doesn't have enough money to own his own island.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:19 PM 06-15-2018
I'm sure your neighbor is sorry for blocking your view of the newly constructed apts across the pond.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:24 PM 06-15-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I'm sure your neighbor is sorry for blocking your view of the newly constructed apts across the pond.
newly remodeled. More mad about the wide open space of the pond. and looking at the shit shed. If I wanted a barn, I would move back to the farm.

Apparently everyone gets a nice open view of the pond but me.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:33 PM 06-15-2018
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
newly remodeled. More mad about the wide open space of the pond. and looking at the shit shed. If I wanted a barn, I would move back to the farm.

Apparently everyone gets a nice open view of the pond but me.
That is hardly a barn. Still not seeing the severity of the issue. Who the hells wants to sit out and watch the glorious view of a waste/runoff pond?

Admit it. You're just mad he has a shed to put his shit in and a better lawn than you.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up