ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Justin Houston: “I want to attack the weakest link”
T-post Tom 09:50 AM 05-25-2018
The reincarnation of "The Falcon"?

We’ve become accustomed to watching Justin Houston at the left outside linebacker position since the Kansas City Chiefs selected him with the No. 70 overall pick in the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft.

Over that time period from then to now, Houston has recorded 69.5 sacks, a total good for No. 4 in Chiefs franchise history.

But just because that is what we’re used to seeing doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll see it in 2018.

“I want to be able to attack the weakest link,” Houston said when I asked him about playing on the other side. “Every team is different. Everybody’s left tackle isn’t All-Pro and everybody’s right tackle isn’t All-Pro. Wherever the weakest link, whether it is the guard, center or even tackles, I want to be on the weakest link.”

That makes a lot of sense, given the fact that Houston is undoubtedly the Chiefs’ best outside linebacker.

A mixup may also be worth considering since the best stretch of Dee Ford’s career came in 2016, when he replaced Houston on the left side for the first nine games of the season.

During that stretch, Ford recorded 10.0 sacks. Once Ford switched back to the right side upon Houston’s return, he didn’t record a sack for the rest of the year.

There is an argument to be made that if Houston could prove to be just as effective wherever he is on the field, maybe it makes sense to put Ford in a position in which he has been far more successful.

The contract year for Ford adds even more incentive for him to rebound.

No matter the alignment, both players stand to benefit thanks to a small tweak to the Chiefs coaching staff this offseason.

As part of their yearly promotions, the Chiefs split the linebacker coaching positions after the departure of Gary Gibbs. Mark DeLeone was promoted to inside linebackers coach, while Mike Smith was promoted to outside linebackers coach.

“I think it is great just to have an outside linebackers coach,” Houston added. “There’s so much we get to do now just focusing on ourselves and the little things we need to work on. I think last year, we had a lot going on. You have to coach a lot of guys inside and out. It is hard to do that in the little bit of time you have. Now you have a separate coach, we can just focus on one thing, that’s us.”

All things to ponder as the Chiefs strive to finally have two effective outside linebackers on the field at the same time.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/5/25/17393800/justin-houston-i-want-to-attack-the-weakest-link
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:47 AM 05-25-2018
That was easy. Thank you CP functions.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:48 AM 05-25-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Let's get real here, just because he didn't throw up 20 sacks doesn't mean he sucks. He got nearly 10 while dropping into coverage a ton and having nothing on the other side, that's a solid year and he's actually not bad in coverage and defends the run well.

Anyone who thinks Houston sucks or is the weakest link is just going off his sack numbers.
His paycheck suggests he should put up 30 sacks and have 10 picks per season.
We can do better.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:51 AM 05-25-2018
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
His paycheck suggests he should put up 30 sacks and have 10 picks per season.
We can do better.
Von Miller makes more and he finished with 1 more sack....he sucks too I guess.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:01 PM 05-25-2018
Sadly, Houston is the weakest link.
This has been debunked. Houston was ranked top 5 in coverage and run support- and also finished at an elite level in sacks / QB pressures, per pass rushing attempt.

Teams also sent an extra blocker to his side since we were only rushing 4 a lot of the time. You could tell Houston looked frustrated being held and double-teamed for 5 straight minutes while the QB waited for someone to get open.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:13 PM 05-25-2018
Not earning his money. Don’t put words in my mouth. I never said Houston sucks.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:14 PM 05-25-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This has been debunked. Houston was ranked top 5 in coverage and run support- and also finished at an elite level in sacks / QB pressures, per pass rushing attempt.

Teams also sent an extra blocker to his side since we were only rushing 4 a lot of the time. You could tell Houston looked frustrated being held and double-teamed for 5 straight minutes while the QB waited for someone to get open.
Link to these stats? TIA
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:16 PM 05-25-2018
Don’t know how long you have endured the Chiefs. For me, it is approaching 50 years. Forgive me if I am a little jaded.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:32 PM 05-25-2018
Link to these stats? TIA
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/...st-in-the-game
[Reply]
loochy 12:47 PM 05-25-2018
Link to these stats? TIA

Originally Posted by Halfcan:
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/...st-in-the-game
Oh damn bitch, you just got served.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 01:11 PM 05-25-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
Oh damn bitch, you just got served.
Posted via Mobile Device
I said Thank you. In Advance.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:14 PM 05-25-2018
Didn’t know you appreciated shitty Houston play that much. **** off leftist scum.
It's cool, brah.

CP always needs an imbecile to pick on. Thanks for stepping up to the plate and filling the void.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 01:24 PM 05-25-2018
Thank you again CP. Bless you.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 01:26 PM 05-25-2018
It’s cool faggot. Even CP needs assholes who suck dick to call others names. Lowest of the Low.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:43 PM 05-25-2018
It’s cool pillowbitergot. Even CP needs assholes who suck dick to call others names. Lowest of the Low.
Glad you can be our dick sucking asshole, guy.
[Reply]
SuperChief 01:46 PM 05-25-2018
So that dude isn't Rompered yet because....?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up