ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Terez Paylor’s first mock...with a surprise!
RunKC 08:15 PM 04-14-2018
2. Mike Gesicki TE Penn St
3. Donte Jackson CB LSU
3. Kemoko Turay OLB Rutgers
4. Mason Cole C Michigan
4. Kendrick Norton DL Miami
6. Dmitri Flowers FB OU
7. Foye Oluokun ILB/S Yale
7. Christian Campbell CB Penn St

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...208933339.html
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:16 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
What is this Sutton Ball you speak of?

Blowing leads? Swiss cheese run defense? Multiple Dee Ford offsides? Elite pass rushers dropping into coverage? Never asking your best corners to match up?
Lot of bend but don't break hoping to get a 2 score lead with this explosive offense and letting Houston, Ford and Tanoh rush the QB.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:49 AM 04-22-2018
Second version:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...209519589.html
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:30 AM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Second version:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...209519589.html

I like Shepherd but not at 54.

I don’t think a 25-year-old rookie project who won’t make an impact this year is what the Chiefs need this season. I want this pick to be a starter.

I’ll pass.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:38 AM 04-22-2018
Terez better stick to reporting because he sure as shit cannot project a draft class.

The only two picks I can get on board with are Okoronkwo in the 3rd and Neal in the 6th.
Shepherd at 54 is a joke. He is over-aged, played at a small school, and nobody exactly knows what he is: 1 tech? 3 tech? 5 tech? - People complained about Tanoh being a project, well, Shepherd is arguably more of one and he is already significantly older. You do not spend your most valuable pick on that.

Cappa in the 3rd? LOL. Try the 5th or 6th round. Cappa struggled at the Sr. Bowl and does not fit the “profile” of linemen the Chiefs have accrued in the past. 6’7” and under 305 lbs.
Durham Smythe is one of the better blocking TE’s in this class, but you do not get a lot of athleticism or playmaking threats out of him - there are better TEs than Smythe with more upside in this range.
DJ Reed? Do we need another midget at corner? We need a corner who will be a starter, not depth.
The Chiefs have shown interest in Murphy, but he can be had as an UDFA, though if the Chiefs wan’t no competition for him I suppose they could select him.

I like Paylor’s reporting and he knows football, but this attempt seems lazy.
[Reply]
Bewbies 12:43 PM 04-22-2018
Terez is the best. Wtf is this shit?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:27 AM 04-27-2018
Terez’s 2nd day picks for the Chiefs.

Originally Posted by :
EDGE Lorenzo Carter, Georgia (54th overall):
There's a healthy chance general manager Brett Veach trades up from here. Veach is aggressive about moving around and getting what he wants, particularly if an elite defensive lineman, cornerback or interior offensive lineman (and yes, I love guard Will Hernandez and centers James Daniels, Billy Price and Frank Ragnow) all fall into the early second round.

But for the sake of our sanity, let's just say all the top-notch players at the above positions of need go early and the Chiefs are forced to stay put. In this Fanspeak mock, Carter is still on the board, and Chiefs fans worried about the pass rush can breathe a slight sigh of relief. Carter needs to be coached up, but he has freaky athleticism and could blossom into an excellent edge rusher. He also provides insurance in case Justin Houston or Dee Ford get hurt or Tanoh Kpassagnon isn't quite ready to contribute yet.

Other positions I could see the Chiefs attacking in this round are interior offensive line — center or guard — defensive line, cornerback and maybe even safety. If a stud offensive player falls, like tight end Mike Gesicki, he could be in play, too.

DT P.J. Hall, Sam Houston State (78th overall):
There's been some scuttlebutt in the league recently about Michigan defensive tackle Maurice Hurst falling to the fourth round or later due to a heart condition. Provided that's true, he might still be on the board at this point. And if he is there, and the Chiefs are confident it can be managed — just like it was with Star Lotulelei, who has a similar issue and has been productive for a long time — Hurst is a plug-and-play type who will contribute immediately. He would be outstanding value here.

If he's not here, however, Hall — or perhaps Tim Settle of Virginia Tech, if available — would not be a bad consolation prize. He's short (6-1, 310) and he played at a small school, but his athleticism is off the charts, and he was super-productive.

S Tarvarius Moore, Southern Mississippi (86th overall):
With most of the offensive linemen I like off the board, the Chiefs can look to improve their secondary. Moore (6-2, 190) has tremendous size and blazing 4.32 speed, and by his second year in the league, he could be a nice, rangy complement to team leader Eric Berry in the Chiefs' defensive backfield.

[Reply]
Mecca 07:51 AM 04-27-2018
Terez really sucks at the draft...he said Lamar Jackson would be better for the Chiefs offense than Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:10 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Terez really sucks at the draft...he said Lamar Jackson would be better for the Chiefs offense than Patrick Mahomes.
When did he say that?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:43 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
When did he say that?
On 610 they replayed it about 15 times so they could make fun of him on each show that day.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up