ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Terez Paylor’s first mock...with a surprise!
RunKC 08:15 PM 04-14-2018
2. Mike Gesicki TE Penn St
3. Donte Jackson CB LSU
3. Kemoko Turay OLB Rutgers
4. Mason Cole C Michigan
4. Kendrick Norton DL Miami
6. Dmitri Flowers FB OU
7. Foye Oluokun ILB/S Yale
7. Christian Campbell CB Penn St

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...208933339.html
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:30 AM 04-15-2018
Not a fan of going TE with our first pick, at all
[Reply]
O.city 11:20 AM 04-15-2018
In shorts gesiki is more athletic than Kelce

I’m not sure he’s quite the football player
[Reply]
O.city 11:24 AM 04-15-2018
I believe what runkc is getting at is that there is t likely to be a prospect as good at their position as this dude would be at tight end.

It’s pure bpa and I’m not exactly a fan but it makes sense
[Reply]
Bowser 11:25 AM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Why?

Maybe because DAT and Nelson Spruce are the only guys that resemble a slot receiver? Robinson, Conley and Chesson have to play outside, or be cut/traded. Finding a good slot receiver is arguably more important that TE2 right now.

Harris, Charles, Amaro, and the guy they signed a couple days ago...
Not saying a TE will not be drafted, but we will employ 3 receiver sets more often than 2TE passing sets...
Meh. I think the guys we have now are versatile enough to play the slot without us making finding one in this draft a priority, especially considering our defensive needs and relative lack of picks.
[Reply]
O.city 11:27 AM 04-15-2018
If Conley is healthy and back to his form, play him outside and put tryreek in the a lot
Hell Kelce is basically a slot wr anyway
[Reply]
kccrow 11:33 AM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Even though I wouldn’t like taking an offensive player first due to too many resources in one box, I’m with Terez here. There’s no way Isaiah Oliver or Ronnie Harrison are better football players than Mike Gesicki IMO.

Gesicki’s athletic ability alone is insane. It’s significantly better than even Kelce and he’s a smooth pass catcher. I think it’s “need” to take the other defensive players over him.

I highly doubt the guy is anywhere close t us anyway. I would be shocked if Gesicki fell past 40.
Oliver is one hell of a corner with pro-ready technique that's hard to teach. I saw one NFLN guy put him at 18 to the Seahawks (Bucky maybe?) and several put him in late 1. I wouldn't group Oliver in there. As for Harrison, I'm never as impressed with Alabama DBs as others, and I think his value is somewhere in the mid-2nd. Gesicki isn't getting the kind of love from anyone that I've seen Oliver get at times, although I think he's going in late 1 to New England as the heir to Gronk.

All that said, I'd be very happy with Gesicki as the pick. I don't find it to be overly realistic that he'd be the pick, but he's super-talented and Reid would find ways to get more 2 TE sets on the field.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 12:03 PM 04-15-2018
I wouldn’t hate the Gesicki pick because Kelce and him would shred defenses. It’s a luxury pick for sure. I’m not sure I’d pass on one of the top corners if they’re there though
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 04-15-2018
If Gesicki is the best player on your board you take him. Never understood drafting for need in the early rounds especially with this team which is transitioning.
[Reply]
Chiefpanther 03:43 PM 04-15-2018
I’m an Anthony Sherman fan but dimitri Flowers would be a nice upgrade he is a great receiving threat out of the backfield
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:58 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
If Gesicki is the best player on your board you take him. Never understood drafting for need in the early rounds especially with this team which is transitioning.
And if the best player on your board is a QB at 54?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 06:03 PM 04-15-2018
You have to factor in snap counts here too. How much will Gesicki actually line up in a Mahomes-led attack which will feature a lot of spread/single back and empty sets? The guy won’t be a key cog on specials as he is not a blocker.
Makes no sense. Corner, DL, Safety and even OL make more sense because you can argue each of those positions are in need of starters there.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:09 PM 04-15-2018
But wouldn't that be exactly WHY you would draft for need if the team is transitioning?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:33 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
And if the best player on your board is a QB at 54?
Now now.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:38 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
But wouldn't that be exactly WHY you would draft for need if the team is transitioning?
Not really. Surround the new QB with talent, get ahead a few scores and play Sutton ball.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 06:56 PM 04-15-2018
Not really. Surround the new QB with talent, get ahead a few scores and play Sutton ball.
What is this Sutton Ball you speak of?

Blowing leads? Swiss cheese run defense? Multiple Dee Ford offsides? Elite pass rushers dropping into coverage? Never asking your best corners to match up?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up