Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Hopefully DL means Dead List.
Lmao :-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:11 PM 05-26-2018
Let's Go Bucs!
[Reply]
bdj23 02:12 PM 05-26-2018
God damn it Martinez, took a runner out of scoring position. This team does little outside of starting pitching right.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:17 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Holland to the DL
:-)

If that asshole wouldn’t go to the minors and get right. Fuck him.

So they come up with some BS face saving DL excuse so he can go to the minors and work on his shit? He cost us two games we shouldn’t have lost. He taxed our successful relievers to pitch more because the had to come in early and bail him out. Fuck you Holland.:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:22 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
God damn it Martinez, took a runner out of scoring position. This team does little outside of starting pitching right.
Twice but on the other hand, he’s one of the few hitting right now.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:50 PM 05-26-2018
Are they wearing velour hats?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:57 PM 05-26-2018
Hopefully DL means Dead List.

From the paper:

Manager Mike Matheny said, “The training staff had known for a little while but he was kind of downplaying it. More than anything, he doesn’t want to come across as a guy making excuses. He may take to that level that I’ve never seenn

“But I think there’s something that’s keeping him from getting through the ball like he needs to. He knows that’s been an issue but just doesn’t want to appear to be the guy that’s looking for an ‘out.’

Holland said he had had hip troubles before. “That’s kind of the nature of the business. I try to generate as much as I can from my lower half,” said the 5-foot-10 reliever, who had 41 saves for Colorado last year, tying him for the league lead.

The time line on Holland’s absence still was uncertain. He was to see a Pirates doctor before he flew to St. Louis Saturday night and then he will be examined in St. Louis on Tuesday. But Holland said, “I don’t foresee it being a long thing.”

In any circumstance, when Holland has recovered from what he repeated was not a “painful” malady, the club then send him out on a minor league rehabilitation program that could last as long as 30 days rather than trying to get his consent for a minor league option, which he might not have granted. This way everyone saves face, as it were.

Holland and Matheny had a 10-minute, closed-door meeting in Matheny’s office Saturday and Holland said the gist was “get it better. We’re going to need you. He has confidence in me as does everyone else in here.

“When you’re not getting guys out, you need to get it fixed before it gets worse,” said Holland, who missed all of spring training as a late signee who had been angling for a multi-year deal.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:04 PM 05-26-2018
Congratulations on the win today. Your pitching was phenomenal and Polanco was terrible.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:34 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Congratulations on the win today. Your pitching was phenomenal and Polanco was terrible.
i think we may have the best 1-5 pitching staff in baseball. If we had just an average offense we’d be 15 games over .500.

sounds like you have a top young talent ready to go to replace Polanco.
[Reply]
Miles 08:44 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
i think we may have the best 1-5 pitching staff in baseball. If we had just an average offense we’d be 15 games over .500.

sounds like you have a top young talent ready to go to replace Polanco.
And also some of the pen issues. Also very optimistic with this young staff.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:47 PM 05-26-2018
Who’s the odd man out when Tsunami comes back? Weaver has probably been the worst, but hasn’t been bad by any means.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:48 AM 05-27-2018
Who’s the odd man out when Tsunami comes back? Weaver has probably been the worst, but hasn’t been bad by any means.
From what I've seen of the pitching schedule procrastinators on the internet, they can go to a 6 man rotation, without really going to one, for 2 weeks before making a decision on who goes down.

You can never have too much pitching has been baseball dogma for generations. In our case, in 2018, its a surplus we need to leverage to help our pathetic offense.

Hamas and DJ know this way better than I, but I'd like to see what a reasonable and realistic trade of what we would have to give up to get a strong bat in this lineup.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:20 AM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
From what I've seen of the pitching schedule procrastinators on the internet, they can go to a 6 man rotation, without really going to one, for 2 weeks before making a decision on who goes down.

You can never have too much pitching has been baseball dogma for generations. In our case, in 2018, its a surplus we need to leverage to help our pathetic offense.

Hamas and DJ know this way better than I, but I'd like to see what a reasonable and realistic trade of what we would have to give up to get a strong bat in this lineup.
I understand we can’t have too much pitching. I fully expect Wacha and/or one of the young guys to break before the end of the year. Just interesting to see what they’d do in the short term.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:59 PM 05-27-2018
I understand we can’t have too much pitching. I fully expect Wacha and/or one of the young guys to break before the end of the year. Just interesting to see what they’d do in the short term.
wacha always breaks down in the 2nd half. We only have one year left of control before he hits free agency. We should trade him at the trade line and get whatever we can get above the 2nd rounder we get if he leaves next year. But, there is a good chance we dont offer him a QO because of the market so we don’t get shit.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 301
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Up