ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Who is the Chiefs first Defensive pick in the draft?
ForeverChiefs58 07:39 AM 10-20-2017
What position is needed most?

S, CB, LB, DT?

OL and WR later depending on FA of course

Prospects you like?
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 10:22 AM 03-28-2018
I’d shit if Phillips lasts til pick 54
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 10:23 AM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm seeing a lot of 2nd round on him. I think he's better than Taven Bryant.
Sounds like they say he’s got a low ceiling but high floor (I heard that on some podcast but can’t remember which one). He’ll be a really good player for a long time.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:48 AM 03-28-2018
Phillips played NT part time at Stanford and held his own. Also held his own vs Quinton Nelson.
42 bench reps and a 7.28 3 cone

This dude would immediately help in run defense and the pass rush in the nickel.
[Reply]
O.city 10:50 AM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Phillips played NT part time at Stanford and held his own. Also held his own vs Quinton Nelson.
42 bench reps and a 7.28 3 cone

This dude would immediately help in run defense and the pass rush in the nickel.
I worry about his upside rushing the passer.

ANy concerns there on that?
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:14 AM 03-28-2018
I want to watch some PJ Hall tonight. Monster combine numbers and college stats
[Reply]
staylor26 11:48 AM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm seeing a lot of 2nd round on him. I think he's better than Taven Bryant.
I wouldn’t go that far. Bryan has much more upside as a pass rusher IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 11:49 AM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I dunno. Probably as a nickel rusher.

But if Phillips can rush he can play 3 downs.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:59 AM 03-28-2018
Yeah Phillips is more muscle while Bryan is more speed/agility. If we are rushing a lot due to the offense, Bryan might be the better option.

I know you’re with me on increasing the inside pressure next to Jones. Hoping we can do that and get an OLB in the 4th rd to learn this year and potentially take over for Ford.

Kemoko Turray, Kylie Fitts, Jeff Holland. Some good values later on to develop.
[Reply]
Chargem 02:23 PM 03-28-2018
The bits and pieces I have read on Bryan is that he's not a guy who you would expect to contribute in his first year, as he is still very raw, but some say he could be the second coming of JJ Watt.

Phillips would be a quality add at 54 but it's not clear if he can be a 3 down player and if not, 54 is too high a pick to use on him I think.

If RJ McIntosh is there in the 4th round (or second pick in 3rd at highest), I think he would be my guy. Probably expected to sit for a year again but that doesn't matter so much if you get him in the 4th and he's more likely to be able to pass rush.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:26 PM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah Phillips is more muscle while Bryan is more speed/agility. If we are rushing a lot due to the offense, Bryan might be the better option.

I know you’re with me on increasing the inside pressure next to Jones. Hoping we can do that and get an OLB in the 4th rd to learn this year and potentially take over for Ford.

Kemoko Turray, Kylie Fitts, Jeff Holland. Some good values later on to develop.
I agree. I’m really starting to like the idea of OLB in the 4th. I think that’s where the value will be. I’d be happy with any of those guys there.
[Reply]
Chargem 02:45 PM 03-28-2018
I agree. I’m really starting to like the idea of OLB in the 4th. I think that’s where the value will be. I’d be happy with any of those guys there.
Ogbo Okoronkwo also possibly available in the 4th.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:47 PM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Ogbo Okoronkwo also possibly available in the 4th.
Yea Ogbo, Nwosu, Ejiofor, Thomas, and Armstrong are all 3rd round guys that I wouldn’t be shocked to see slip into the 4th. A couple will for sure.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:03 PM 03-28-2018
2) Jaire Alexander (I honestly think he falls and the Chiefs trade up a few spots to get him in the 40's)
3) Armani Watts
3) RJ McIntosh
4) Ogbo Okoronkwo
4) Troy Fumigalli
6) Maybe a QB if one is still around that the Chiefs like as a third string guy

Assuming both 7's get traded
[Reply]
kccrow 06:24 PM 03-28-2018
Yea Ogbo, Nwosu, Ejiofor, Thomas, and Armstrong are all 3rd round guys that I wouldn’t be shocked to see slip into the 4th. A couple will for sure.
I really like Ejiofor.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:25 PM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I really like Ejiofor.
Same here. Probably my favorite out of that group.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up