ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Media Center>Black Panther
thabear04 09:50 PM 06-09-2017

[Reply]
Simply Red 08:20 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Hawk:
There are actually groups out there intentionally giving it 1 star ratings because they are racists. This is a known phenomenon based on social media.

Of course there are also I'm sure a lot of people rating it higher because it stars black people. Social justice and all.

Not sure if these groups cancel each other out or not. At the end of the day, it seems to be regarded as a good movie by most people, and I'm not sure why anyone would expect much more than that from a superhero/comic book movie.

I have my IMAX tix for Friday, and can't wait to see it.
That's sad, honestly and if you've followed me on here - I mesh very well with the black man - It's sad in this day and age.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 10:40 AM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Alt-right trolls bringing down the scores, yeah. That's a thing now. Same thing happened with TLJ.
I love the reviews where they give it half a star and say it looks bad.

If you haven't seen it yet why are you reviewing it? I'm sure there is no motive there at all. *sarcasm*
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:19 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
He had to lean on his sister who is the smartest person in the MCU, so he's more James Bond IMO.

Damn, I must be really out of touch with the comics. Reed Richards was always the smartest dude in the MCU.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:53 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Damn, I must be really out of touch with the comics. Reed Richards was always the smartest dude in the MCU.
In the Cinematic Universe Shuri is the most intelligent
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:21 PM 02-22-2018
Ah, riiiight. Marvel CINEMATIC Universe.

I wasn't using my brain. My b.
[Reply]
Hawk 05:15 PM 02-22-2018
I dunno, this guy might have something to say about that:

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:45 PM 02-22-2018
https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-sh...artest-person/
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:52 PM 02-22-2018
Lupita Nyongo was looking gorgeous
[Reply]
Fish 05:57 PM 02-22-2018
https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-sh...artest-person/
Meh.... not necessarily in the comics.

Originally Posted by :
According to Black Panther producer Nate More
Originally Posted by :
“As far as the technologically-advanced side, in our mind, and in our incarnation, Shuri is the head of the Wakanda Design Group,” Moore said during a visit to the film’s set by Screen Rant. “She’s the smartest person in the world, smarter than Tony Stark but she’s a sixteen year old girl which we thought was really interesting. Again, black faces in positions of power or positions of technological know-how, that’s a rarity. So it’s something that’s a big part of the film.”

[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:04 PM 02-22-2018
Just as Howard told Tony he was limited by the technology of his time, you could make the same case for Tony here. Wakandan tech shits on the stuff Tony's been dealing with.

Either way, none of these guys are as smart as Reed Richards. It's a shame they couldn't work the F4 and X-Men into the MCU. They could use Reed, Doom, Silver Surfer, Phoenix, Franklin Richards, etc.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:02 AM 02-23-2018
Just as Howard told Tony he was limited by the technology of his time, you could make the same case for Tony here. Wakandan tech shits on the stuff Tony's been dealing with.

Either way, none of these guys are as smart as Reed Richards. It's a shame they couldn't work the F4 and X-Men into the MCU. They could use Reed, Doom, Silver Surfer, Phoenix, Franklin Richards, etc.
Well, to be honest, the Fantastic Four kind of sucks. It's like someone took a Champions RPG group and made a comic of it.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:33 AM 02-23-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Alt-right trolls bringing down the scores, yeah. That's a thing now. Same thing happened with TLJ.
As opposed to those who give it a 5* rating without actually having seen it or simply because of the cast.

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it, but it's not even close to the top MCU movie.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:57 AM 02-23-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Well, to be honest, the Fantastic Four kind of sucks. It's like someone took a Champions RPG group and made a comic of it.
The F4 is lame as hell but what's important is the rights tied to them, particularly Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer and Galactus.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:36 PM 02-23-2018
The F4 is lame as hell but what's important is the rights tied to them, particularly Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer and Galactus.
I do love me some Dr. Doom. Silver Surfer is cool enough. IDK about Galactus.
[Reply]
JD10367 06:42 PM 02-23-2018
Very good flick. Well acted, deep storylines, pro-con with the sociopolitical aspects, great scenery, good sci-tech, decent fights (although the CGI is definitely a little "early Spiderman-y"). I'd put it pretty high. My favorite is still "Winter Soldier", followed by "GotG", the first "Iron Man", and maybe "Avengers". I enjoyed "Ragnarok" but I thought it was a bit scattershot so I'd probably rate "BP" above it.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up