ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 768 of 2684
« First < 268668718758764765766767768 76977077177277881886812681768 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
staylor26 01:06 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Who said Mahomes was generational?

They both could be, but I don’t think either has done enough to warrant the label. That is extreme praise for any player at any position.
Exactly.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:11 PM 05-26-2018
Louis Riddick saying Mahomes will be better than Luck, who everyone said was generational, is pretty much calling him generational.

I’m okay with calling Wentz generational bc I think he is. He looks exactly like what Luck was supposed to be IMO.

If Mahomes season is like Wentz’s last year, we will all be on that bandwagon too.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:14 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Louis Riddick saying Mahomes will be better than Luck, who everyone said was generational, is pretty much calling him generational.

I’m okay with calling Wentz generational bc I think he is. He looks exactly like what Luck was supposed to be IMO.

If Mahomes season is like Wentz’s last year, we will all be on that bandwagon too.
Maybe so but when I hear the word generational, I think of once every 10-20 years type of talent. It’s very difficult to gauge that sort of thing. If there’s just one guy it’s Rodgers, but if there’s more than that, I don’t know where we draw the line. Is there 5-10 generational QBs of the past 20 years? If so, are they even generational technically?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:25 PM 05-26-2018

They both could be, but I don’t think either has done enough to warrant the label. That is extreme praise for any player at any position.
Mahomes better THE FUCK be generational.

That is franchise concept we've completely bought into.

Remember 'Competence throughout the team is too hard? Better to invest fully in a truly elite QB, given the current state of the league?'

IIRC, that was YOUR thesis.
[Reply]
Best22 01:36 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

You can be better than luck without being "generational." Luck wasn't as good as we expected (though is still good when healthy)

Oh, and Teicher needs to be fired. Boring, Bald-headed loser who didn't fit in with the 2018 Chiefs
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:11 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Mahomes better THE **** be generational.

Remember 'Competence throughout the team is too hard? Better to invest fully in a truly elite QB, given the current state of the league?'

There’s a difference between being elite and generational. Jesus man.

And yes, somehow you still haven’t figured it out yet, but having a great quarterback makes things easier in the NFL.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:19 PM 05-26-2018
There’s a difference between being elite and generational. Jesus man.

And yes, somehow you still haven’t figured it out yet, but having a great quarterback makes things easier in the NFL.
1. Being elite for as long as we expect Mahomes to be here is pretty indistinguishable from being generational. A 'generation' is, at the VERY outside is 1.5-2.0 QB careers in length. More reasonably a full QB career could be considered an NFL generation. And being elite for that duration makes you a candidate for being generational.

2. I have absolutely 'figured it out.' Of course being a great QB makes things easier. But I've also witnessed the regression in JUST THE FEW MONTHS from 'he's the next great thing, and the only thing we need to cement a dynasty immediately' to 'hey, he'll have hiccups, and may need team help, and really it's all a crapshoot. but here's hoping in a few years or so. . . . Veach, Veach, Veach!!'

My beef isn't, and has never been, the performance of Mahomes. It's the bullshit ever evolving rhetoric of the QB-centric fanbase.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:24 PM 05-26-2018
1. Being elite for as long as we expect Mahomes to be here is pretty indistinguishable from being generational. A 'generation' is, at the VERY outside is 1.5-2.0 QB careers in length. More reasonably a full QB career could be considered an NFL generation. And being elite for that duration makes you a candidate for being generational.

2. I have absolutely 'figured it out.' Of course being a great QB makes things easier. But I've also witnessed the regression in JUST THE FEW MONTHS from 'he's the next great thing, and the only thing we need to cement a dynasty immediately' to 'hey, he'll have hiccups, and may need team help, and really it's all a crapshoot. but here's hoping in a few years or so. . . . Veach, Veach, Veach!!'

My beef isn't, and has never been, the performance of Mahomes. It's the bullshit ever evolving rhetoric of the QB-centric fanbase.
Well I don’t know who you’re referring to, but my vision has never changed. I’ve said that the main goal since we drafted him should be to take advantage of his rookie contract and put together the best team around him possible. I think Veach is doing a solid job with that so far.

As far as the future goes, if he’s as great as I believe he will be, the quality of the roster outside of him will not be as significant as it was in the past with other QBs here. Yeah, we’ll need a good team to win a championship, but I don’t think we will absolutely HAVE to have an elite defense. I believe that was the case with Alex Smith, and is the case for most QBs in the NFL.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:33 PM 05-26-2018
Well I don’t know who you’re referring to, but my vision has never changed. I’ve said that the main goal since we drafted him should be to take advantage of his rookie contract and put together the best team around him possible. I think Veach is doing a solid job with that so far.

As far as the future goes, if he’s as great as I believe he will be, the quality of the roster outside of him will not be as significant as it was in the past with other QBs here. Yeah, we’ll need a good team to win a championship, but I don’t think we will absolutely HAVE to have an elite defense. I believe that was the case with Alex Smith, and is the case for most QBs in the NFL.
That's the point, pursuant to your vision, at any given point in time in the history of the league, most the of very best QBs available in the world are not sufficiently talented to fit the bill. And it's 'too hard' to build an entire team to make up that deficit. Thus, we must be devoted to finding that one of 2-3 existing on Earth at the time sufficiently educated, skilled and talented to fit the bill.

That's fine, so long as you stick to your philosophy. You don't get to fall back on the excuses and caveats that those more in my philosophy have said have been there always for everyone. You can't 'go wobbly' and start hedging with 'hey, he's still human, and he needs a team around him, and we're counting on the GM to work magic, etc. etc.' That's the HARD WORK you said we had to avoid.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:39 PM 05-26-2018
That's the point, pursuant to your vision, at any given point in time in the history of the league, most the of very best QBs available in the world are not sufficiently talented to fit the bill. And it's 'too hard' to build an entire team to make up that deficit. Thus, we must be devoted to finding that one of 2-3 existing on Earth at the time sufficiently educated, skilled and talented to fit the bill.

That's fine, so long as you stick to your philosophy. You don't get to fall back on the excuses and caveats that those more in my philosophy have said have been there always for everyone. You can't 'go wobbly' and start hedging with 'hey, he's still human, and he needs a team around him, and we're counting on the GM to work magic, etc. etc.' That's the HARD WORK you said we had to avoid.
I honestly think you just have zero clue where I, or most posters are coming from with the whole QB debate in general.

I am not and absolutely have not ever said that an elite QB alone is enough to win a championship. All I have ever said is it makes it a whole lot easier to win a title if you do have one. They can at least cover up for some holes on the roster to a much greater degree than say a QB like Alex Smith.

Prime example is the Packers, who have been a near lock to make the playoffs every year under Rodgers despite having a mediocre to bad roster. If they had helped him even a little in FA the past 5-6 years, they win at least one more championship by now. But his sheer greatness is still enough to at least get them into the dance and give them hope in the playoffs.

I don’t know how much more I can expand on this to make things clear. There’s a reason though that Louis Riddick said, ‘They [Chiefs FO] believe that Mahomes is what will put them over the top.’
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:46 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
His Twitter bio is great, "Endzones should be 11 yards long."
[Reply]
TLO 03:15 PM 05-26-2018
I'm very optimistic in regards to Mahomes and his abilities.

However in the back of my mind, the battered fan syndrome in me believes he will be a total bust or get caught trafficking cocaine or something.

:-)
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 03:39 PM 05-26-2018

These posts give me the impression you don't think KC has a very good team.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:02 PM 05-26-2018

Are you quoting specific posters with this idea of stepping back the expectations of Mahomes? Or that the SB in general goes to top 10 QBs? I'm not really seeing a step back but I also have not been reading every post lately so I personally am not sure what you are referencing.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:38 PM 05-26-2018
Mahomes better THE FUCK be generational.

And he WILL be, and you'll see the "thesis" proven 1000% correct. But please, continue to pine for a team-building philosophy that has won the Chiefs at least...um...yeah....

Oh that's right; ZERO fucking championships in half a century.
[Reply]
Page 768 of 2684
« First < 268668718758764765766767768 76977077177277881886812681768 > Last »
Up