« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>Spider-Man: Homecoming
unlurking 07:24 AM 12-09-2016

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:42 AM 07-11-2017
Sony needs to keep partnering on Spiderman w/ marvel so it isn't fucked up
[Reply]
JD10367 02:53 PM 07-11-2017
I thought it was okay. Not great, not horrible. Had a truer representation of Peter Parker, had the best level of humor and enjoyment in a Spidey film (sort of reminded me of rated-G "Deadpool"), but the plot was slooooooow and the villain weak. Still probably at the top of the Spidey film list but that's like being the smartest kid on the short bus.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:14 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
The only one I suppose I would gripe about is the suit that Tony Stark gave him.
Understood. I thought the suit was cool, but a little too close to the Iron Man feel.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:15 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Only complaint I had, was I wish there was more of a feud between Spidey and Vulture.

Seemed like they had just a couple run-ins...and that was it.
I thought....

Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 05:07 PM 07-11-2017
Just saw it. Thought it was good, not quite as much as Wonder Woman, although I thought it ended more strongly. The post credit 'scene' was awesome.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:59 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I thought....

Spoiler!
i agree. keaton is a stud.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:14 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
1.Logan
2. The Dark Knight
3. Spiderman 2
I loved Logan, but I don't know how to compare it to those other 2 movies. Logan to me is more of a stand alone/else world story. TDK and Spider-Man 2 are arguably the pinnacles of two of the best super hero trilogies out there.

And people who say Spider-Man Homecoming is better than Spider-Man 2 are wrong. Spider-Man 2 had a villain that had development and a motive. In addition, it showed Harry Osborn's resentment for Spider-Man develop and set up Spider-Man 3 nicely until Sony forced Venom down our throats. The Vulture(even though I have zero complaints with Keaton acting) had absolutely no motive. The best part about Homecoming was the twist.

That being said, Holland was fine as Spider-Man.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:48 AM 07-12-2017
Watching one god-awful movie with Michael Keaton in a Bird costume is enough for my lifetime. Won't be watching this one ever. Looks really stupid.

Spiderman holding an ocean liner together with his web and jumping helicopters? Dumb.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:07 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Watching one god-awful movie with Michael Keaton in a Bird costume is enough for my lifetime. Won't be watching this one ever. Looks really stupid.

Spiderman holding an ocean liner together with his web and jumping helicopters? Dumb.
Lol Spiderman's powers allow him to lift 10 tons. I assume you don't like comic book movies
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:35 AM 07-12-2017
When Stark was recruiting him in Civil War he showed the vid of Spidey stopping a 3,000 pound vehicle traveling 40 mph easily. In some comic lines he can lift over 25 tons.

What's really ridiculous is Captain America standing any type of chance with Spider-Man in a straight up fight.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:49 AM 07-12-2017

:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:57 AM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Lol Spiderman's powers allow him to lift 10 tons. I assume you don't like comic book movies
The average cruise ship weighs from 20,000 to 60,000 tons, though cruise ship weights are usually calculated using gross registered tons. One GRT is equal to 100 cubic feet of enclosed revenue-earning space within the ship. On the GRT scale, modern cruise ships have an average weight of 100,000 GRT.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:42 PM 07-12-2017
The average cruise ship weighs from 20,000 to 60,000 tons, though cruise ship weights are usually calculated using gross registered tons. One GRT is equal to 100 cubic feet of enclosed revenue-earning space within the ship. On the GRT scale, modern cruise ships have an average weight of 100,000 GRT.
I can't believe I'm about to argue realism in a comic book movie, buuuttttt..

1) It was a ferry 2) he webbed the sides together from bow to stern in at least 20 different spots and 3) he really wasn't succeeding in holding the ship together anyway.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:51 PM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I can't believe I'm about to argue realism in a comic book movie, buuuttttt..

1) It was a ferry 2) he webbed the sides together from bow to stern in at least 20 different spots and 3) he really wasn't succeeding in holding the ship together anyway.

Pretty strong webbing huh?
http://www.dimensionsinfo.com/ferry-sizes/

See that is the thing- they basically keep making the same movie, so they have to make bigger and better stunts to try and reel people in. Next movie- Spidey will be lifting the Empire State Building.

The Keaton in a bird costume did it for me. In all fairness this movie can't be as bad as Birdman though- nothing is that bad.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:17 PM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I loved Logan, but I don't know how to compare it to those other 2 movies. Logan to me is more of a stand alone/else world story. TDK and Spider-Man 2 are arguably the pinnacles of two of the best super hero trilogies out there.

And people who say Spider-Man Homecoming is better than Spider-Man 2 are wrong. Spider-Man 2 had a villain that had development and a motive. In addition, it showed Harry Osborn's resentment for Spider-Man develop and set up Spider-Man 3 nicely until Sony forced Venom down our throats. The Vulture(even though I have zero complaints with Keaton acting) had absolutely no motive. The best part about Homecoming was the twist.

That being said, Holland was fine as Spider-Man.
I think the problem with Spiderman 3 was making Sandman the primary villain. You don't give Venom 45 minutes of screen time, if that, and expect the story to be honored like it should. I really would've been intrigued to having just the symbiote be the villain, no Sandman, no other villains. The story to make Spiderman the villain for the first half of the movie, building up Eddie Brock's hatred of him, and then have Venom torture Peter the second half of the movie would've been the movie I wanted to see. They did that to a degree, but giving screen time to Sandman and bringing him back as the possible killer of Uncle Ben was a waste. Not to mention Sandman wasn't really a villain, not in the traditional comic book movie sense. The Venom saga should've stood on it's own, even if you included Harry Osborne and what happened to him into the movie it would've worked much better without Sandman. Venom is the greatest Spiderman villain of all time, you need to show respect to that storyline and it's not even a negotiation. Definitely looking forward to Tom Hardy's Venom.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up