ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Media Center>Spider-Man: Homecoming
unlurking 07:24 AM 12-09-2016

[Reply]
BigRichard 06:42 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Very fun flick. Definitely my favorite Spiderman movie. Also the end credits were cool as it has an actor of a show i like in it which sets up a sequel. Solid villian...and not much iron Man which was my fear that stark would hog the screen. Def going to purchase.
Was the associate at the end talking to Michael Keaton anyone of relevence? Is he supposed to be an upcoming villain?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:50 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Was the associate at the end talking to Michael Keaton anyone of relevence? Is he supposed to be an upcoming villain?
Yes, Scorpion..
I assume Vulture is done for now as a baddie.
I
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:44 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Out of curiosity, what were your gripes?
The only one I suppose I would gripe about is the suit that Tony Stark gave him. He's fifteen, this is his maturation story, and it's in essentially an Iron Man suit. Talk to the AI, you have 500 web shooter combinations including shock web, etc it just takes away from Peter Parker's genius to modifying and using his web shooters and relies too much on the suit. It just doesn't represent Spiderman in my opinion. As I said before this movie is a different take on the Spiderman world, and that's one facet that fell flat for me was the suit.

A smaller gripe which made me laugh but it's still lazy writing in my opinion is the ending before the credits.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:30 PM 07-10-2017
I thought it was a good movie, nothing new, great or special about it. Just a solid flick.

I will say I liked Holland and Keaton's performances. Of all of Spider-Man's rogues, the Vulture has to be the worst. I mean, Spidey's rogues can rival Batman's. Venom, Carnage, Lizard, Scorpion, Rhino, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kingpin, Doc Ock, Kraven, Morbius.. and they go with Vulture.. and completely fucking nailed it.

Regarding the Easter eggs:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:31 PM 07-10-2017
Spider-Man 2 is still the best Spider-Man movie of all time, by the way.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:54 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I saw a review on double toasted about how Spiderman 2 sucked. I cracked up at the legit shit they said. I still liked Spidey 2 tho
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:31 PM 07-10-2017
It's also one of the best superhero movies of all time. Period.

It probably is as good as TDKR/Batman Begins with the TDK above it. Not bad company.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:00 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I saw a review on double toasted about how Spiderman 2 sucked. I cracked up at the legit shit they said. I still liked Spidey 2 tho
Meh, you can do the same for any movie out there. It was still a really solid film and, at the time it was released, I'd say it was the best superhero movie of all time.

Originally Posted by Rams Fan:

It probably is as good as TDKR/Batman Begins with the TDK above it. Not bad company.
Adjusting for era and release date, I'd agree, though it's really tough to compare. I mean, what similarities do the CA: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers share aside from simply having superheroes in them?

I'd have to say The Dark Knight reigns supreme as the best superhero movie of all time. After that, it's really just a grab bag of great movies and really just depends on what style you prefer. Spider-Man 2, X2: X Men United, Blade, Iron Man, Avengers, CA: The Winter Soldier, CA: Civil War, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises, Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy- you could take any random assortment of four of those to round out your top 5 and I'd make no argument.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:23 PM 07-10-2017
Only complaint I had, was I wish there was more of a feud between Spidey and Vulture.

Seemed like they had just a couple run-ins...and that was it.

Best Spiderman to date though....out bested the Doc Oc Spiderman 15yrs ago or so....(damn has it been that long?)

I've yet to sit down and watch the Andrew Garfield Spiderman...sounds like I shouldn't bother from what everyone has said.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:18 PM 07-10-2017
I think you should watch them yourself and form your own opinion.

I actually liked Garfield as Spider-Man, even though he was like 41. And the fight scenes in the Amazing Spider-Man flicks were pretty good. I thought they really did a good job of showing off Spidey's agility and unorthodox fighting style.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:40 AM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:

1.Logan
2. The Dark Knight
3. Spiderman 2
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:53 AM 07-11-2017
I think you should watch them yourself and form your own opinion.

I actually liked Garfield as Spider-Man, even though he was like 41. And the fight scenes in the Amazing Spider-Man flicks were pretty good. I thought they really did a good job of showing off Spidey's agility and unorthodox fighting style.
I liked both of the Amazing Spiderman movies. I thought Green Goblin was horribly done in the second one, even though the Gwen Stacy scene was done to near perfection. The Electro fight scenes were really well done imo, even though his lines were cringe inducing. I think the best part of those movies was the weight of death and his decisions. Marc Webb is really good at character drama and Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are great actors that pulled out really good performances given a weak script at times.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:22 AM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I liked both of the Amazing Spiderman movies. I thought Green Goblin was horribly done in the second one, even though the Gwen Stacy scene was done to near perfection. The Electro fight scenes were really well done imo, even though his lines were cringe inducing. I think the best part of those movies was the weight of death and his decisions. Marc Webb is really good at character drama and Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are great actors that pulled out really good performances given a weak script at times.
My biggest complaint about the Garfield Spidey is how they nailed the Gwen Stacy storyline. It's going to be hard for future adaptations to top it and I'm doubtful they'll even try

Why they decided to base the Garfield sequel off the Spidey 3 format is beyond me. ****in Sony.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:12 AM 07-11-2017
I loved the shot of the web extending like fingers to catch Gwen. That scene was really well done. Really dark..
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:40 AM 07-11-2017
On an equal playing field, I totally disagree. This was much better, IMO. It's kind of apples and oranges, though, since Homecoming benefitted from almost a decade of world building.

If using the "for its time" qualifier, I totally agree. Spider-Man 2 was a game changer in a way I don't even think is really possible anymore.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up