ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 63
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
patteeu 04:10 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Going to the 7:30 IMAX showing. I was somewhat interested in this (it IS a Star Wars movie, after all), but in the last 72 hours or so, my anticipation has skyrocketed from the people I've heard from that have seen it.
It sucked.* Don't get your hopes up.

Bowser 04:19 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
It sucked.* Don't get your hopes up.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:13 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Saw it tonight, it was good.

Why are the best Star Wars films turning out to be the "A Star Wars Story" ones?

SO many reasons....

I liken it to the Old Republic in that you have a baseline to work with but unlike the mess that IS the new trilogy( and probably every trilogy beyond and after ), there are literally no constraints or the laundry list of expectations that come with said trilogies.
These are meant to be fun movies that fill in unaccounted for time and that round out character development for already established characters. I'm not saying that quality control is not important, but these movies aren't getting hen-pecked to death by Disney focus groups either.

A condensed break down of the new trilogy goes something like this:

7: "HEY, IT'S STAR WARS! LOOK EVERYONE; IT'S STAR WARS! WE'RE GOING TO DO STAR WARS-Y THINGS BECAUSE ITS STAR WARS"!

8: Jesus tap-dancing Christ; someone reign this Abrams fool in and develop/do something that doesn't resemble a commercial for a box of "C-3P0's cereal" for fucks sake. Oops! Took it a little too far.

9: Welp, enjoy fixing this mess, dip shit!

No such quandary for the stand-alone films. You either hit or miss at the plate.
[Reply]
okcchief 07:17 PM 05-26-2018
I had low expectations, and enjoyed this one a lot. The Star Wars stories have clearly been the best part of the reboot to me. This movie is just a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:14 PM 05-26-2018
I enjoyed it, so did the boys. Hard to see another character play Han, it’s a tough spot. I would watch it again
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:53 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I enjoyed it, so did the boys. Hard to see another character play Han, it’s a tough spot. I would watch it again
Yeah he did fantastic.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:00 PM 05-26-2018
Going tomorrow at 5. Geeked.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:08 PM 05-26-2018
Ill have to check this one out. They can stick the new trilogy up their asses and keep making these.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:09 PM 05-26-2018
Saw today at a huge theatre that was sold out. It was a really fun movie. Hans, Chewy, the Falcon etc. it’s like revisiting long time old friends.

Wasn’t expecting much and it’s not a great movie but it is a real fun popcorn movie.

Was it just me or the movie theatre but most of the movie was dark. I understand the Planet was overcast. It’s a dark bar. But was that the plan?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:42 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Ill have to check this one out. They can stick the new trilogy up their asses and keep making these.

This. "Kenobi" can not come fast enough.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:52 PM 05-26-2018
Just watched it. Wasn't expecting much, but holy cow, it turned out to be great! I really loved it. Loved all the witty banter and tough guy dialogue. It felt alot like a New Hope and Empire with that dialogue. Dont let the reviews fool you, its a great movie and alot of fun. Ron Howard did an amazing salvage job. His best movie in a long time.

oh and Keria.....

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:59 PM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Just watched it. Wasn't expecting much, but holy cow, it turned out to be great! I really loved it. Loved all the witty banter and tough guy dialogue. It felt alot like a New Hope and Empire with that dialogue. Dont let the reviews fool you, its a great movie and alot of fun. Ron Howard did an amazing salvage job. His best movie in a long time.

oh and Keria.....

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:15 PM 05-26-2018
Apparently there is a very "Shadows of the Empire" vibe to this film.

I am completely looking forward to this.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:17 PM 05-26-2018
Saw it tonight. Was much better than I expected after reading several reviews, here and other places. Fun flick with plenty of action. Did someone here really compare this to the first 3 awful SW movies?(well, first 2. I thought Revenge of The Sith was decent).
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 10:25 AM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Was it just me or the movie theatre but most of the movie was dark. I understand the Planet was overcast. It’s a dark bar. But was that the plan?
Thank you for pointing that out. I saw it last night (It was OK) and wasn't sure if it was the movie or I was going blind.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 63
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up