ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 136
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:26 PM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Who here goes 54-58 in their wedges? I've considered doing it, pulling out the 52, 56, and 60, but if I did I'd probably add a 2 wood and a 4 wood in place of the 3 wood.

I wish my Exotics was about 10% easier to hit off the deck.
I go 50-54-58.

Which TEE model do you have? I have a XCG6, and the only time I've struggled off the deck with it were on the insanely tight bermuda lies we had this week in Alabama.

The only 3-wood I've hit more consistently was the old TaylorMade V-Steel.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:28 PM 03-26-2015
One of the kids out there shot 68 from the racks on the second day. I was impressed.

I've never played it, but I'm sure it would fuckstomp me.
Jesus.

I shot 88 as a 15 index there from the middle tees once and felt like I won the US Open.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:29 PM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
I go 50-54-58.

Which TEE model do you have? I have a XCG6, and the only time I've struggled off the deck with it were on the insanely tight bermuda lies we had this week in Alabama.

The only 3-wood I've hit more consistently was the old TaylorMade V-Steel.
XCG-4. I picked up an XCG-7 4-wood last year, but it was way too light in the head. Felt like the SW was C-2 or something.

It's ok from the zoysia fairways where I would normally play, but that's a shot I need two times a round, max. I certainly don't hit it as well from a tight lie as I do my old i15.
[Reply]
O.city 08:31 PM 03-26-2015
So just for jealousy, you guys should know I'll be teeing it up at Southern Hills this summer for a bachelor party. Be upset.
[Reply]
philfree 08:31 PM 03-26-2015
Who here goes 54-58 in their wedges? I've considered doing it, pulling out the 52, 56, and 60, but if I did I'd probably add a 2 wood and a 4 wood in place of the 3 wood.

I wish my Exotics was about 10% easier to hit off the deck.
First time in my life that I have 3 wedges in my bag. Not sure what to do exactly. Using an old Equalizer seems much easier. Got my 45 with the set and then I have a 52 and then a 56 SW.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:33 PM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
So just for jealousy, you guys should know I'll be teeing it up at Southern Hills this summer for a bachelor party. Be upset.
Had a chance to play there a few years ago and one of the guys didn't want to pay the $240 or whatever they were asking as a guest fee - so the rest of us backed down and passed on the opportunity.

Still smarting a bit over that one...

Best course I'll play this year will be Dalhousie.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:34 PM 03-26-2015
You're talking to a dude that got to tag along with his brother in law to Carnoustie, Turnberry, and Kingsbarns for free, bruh. I think I'll live :-).
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:35 PM 03-26-2015
You're talking to a dude that got to tag along with his brother in law to Carnoustie, Turnberry, and Kingsbarns for free, bruh. I think I'll live :-).
Both of you can suck on Bob Stoops' Bag O' Dicks.

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:36 PM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Had a chance to play there a few years ago and one of the guys didn't want to pay the $240 or whatever they were asking as a guest fee - so the rest of us backed down and passed on the opportunity.

Still smarting a bit over that one...

Best course I'll play this year will be Dalhousie.
Dalhousie is a jewel man, you'll enjoy thaT.
[Reply]
philfree 08:37 PM 03-26-2015
Did we ever get the scores from that epic adventure? I never had a desire for world travel but I'd love doing that. You are a lucky a bastard!
[Reply]
philfree 08:38 PM 03-26-2015
That's what I hear.
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 PM 03-26-2015
We've got the Scotland trip on the books for 2018 So pretty pumped about that.

although the price, not so much
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:38 PM 03-26-2015
I've walked it caddying for a buddy in state events a few times. It's going to chew me up, I don't have the length for it.

Should get a chance or two to play Hallbrook this summer - hardest Fazio design out there. Supposedly makes all the lists for hardest courses in America.
[Reply]
O.city 08:41 PM 03-26-2015
I've got a buddy that's a member at dalhousie who played some small tour stuff and is a stick, watched him throw up a 66 from the back there.

Impressive
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:44 PM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by philfree:
Did we ever get the scores from that epic adventure? I never had a desire for world travel but I'd love doing that. You are a lucky a bastard!
I can tell you that I didn't keep score at Turnberry. We were playing in 50-60 mph winds. My BIL played off a 1.4 at the time and I don't think he broke 100. I will never play a course that hard again. Those conditions were inhuman. I literally thought I was going to die on 7 or 8.

I shot a 93 at the Jubilee course at St. Andrews, which was absolutely terrible, because I was only +3 through 8.

Carnoustie beat us the fuck up. I had a lot of good numbers and a lot of big numbers.

Kingsbarns was beautiful, but I didn't string together several holes of solid golf like I did at Carnoustie.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 136
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up