ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 136
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:10 PM 02-09-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Woods is likely done, but there have been numerous golfers whose careers were dead and buried for nearly a decade before they came back and played better than they ever had. Steve Stricker is the most recent example.

Now, Tiger won't ever be as good as he was in 2000, but if he regains his short game he could be as good as he was in 2006.

No one will ever draw like Tiger because he was a Jackie Robinson-type figure and a Jordan-type figure simultaneously. I don't think he will or should go down as the GOAT, but he's certainly #2.

It will be interesting to see how Rory's short game ages. He still hasn't won a major at a course that wasn't spongy. Ultimately, his luck in majors will normalize somewhat. To this point, he's been fantastically fortunate, but he will still likely end up with 10-12, which is too bad, because I fucking despise that douche pig-nosed Mick motherfucker.
Ugh. I just can't bring myself to root for this guy. I suspect I'll just stick to watching Majors and call it good if that's the star I'm going to have forced upon me.
[Reply]
philfree 10:43 PM 02-09-2015
My Mizuno MP 15s will be in this week. I'm pretty excited about it. I tried three different heads and went with the 15s on the KBS shaft. My grouping was much better with the KBS then it was with the True Temper S300. I've been playing the True Temper shafts for the last 20 years and before that It was Hogan #4 shafts. In the end I never liked the True Temper's as much as the Hogan's.

I've never played anything but blades my whole life and while the MP 15s are a forged blade its not a true blade and it has a titanium insert forged into the head. So after many years this old dog has made a slight change.

Mizuno MP 15s 3-PW
Cleveland Classic Driver(with the brown head and gold face.)
Taylor Made RBZ 3 & 5 wood
I guess I'll keep using my MP 14 sw and I picked up a Mizuno 52 degree T-5 back in the fall but I've never been a 3 wedge type of guy. I like manipulating my pw and I can use it from any distance up to 125-130 yards. So we'll see what shakes out with my wedges as the year goes on.
[Reply]
KC native 11:49 PM 02-09-2015
Originally Posted by philfree:
My Mizuno MP 15s will be in this week.
I swing those. I love them. I had an ancient set of T-Zoids that I learned on and when I updated them, I went with those.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:53 AM 02-10-2015
Yonex was one of the companies most responsible for increasing the predominance of graphite shafts on the PGA Tour. In the mid-1990s they actually debuted clubs that were made entirely of graphite, the ADX line. I had an ADX 200i that had a steel insert in the face. It was the best fairway wood I've ever had, and I still can't ****ing believe I traded it.

Callaway tried to steal their tech about a decade later with a club called the C4.

Phil Mickelson played Yonex from 1992-99ish, and Scott Hoch played them too. Colin Montgomerie played Yonex in the second half of the 2000s, but as a Japanese company, their presence has always dominated the Asian Tour.
not surprising - basically ditto'd w/ regards to their tennis gear - even when mentioning pros who use their equipment - good shit there - thanks.
[Reply]
philfree 11:25 PM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
I swing those. I love them. I had an ancient set of T-Zoids that I learned on and when I updated them, I went with those.
When I purchased my old set of MP-14s I also go the T-Zoid Driver and fairway woods with the steel shafts. Still have them.
[Reply]
philfree 09:15 AM 02-12-2015
I got a good deal with the irons I purchased but I was just looking at the TaylorMade drivers on their website and I'm insulted that they think $500.00 is an O.K. price for a single club. I can't believe that anyone would pay that. They can fuck off!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:23 AM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by philfree:
I got a good deal with the irons I purchased but I was just looking at the TaylorMade drivers on their website and I'm insulted that they think $500.00 is an O.K. price for a single club. I can't believe that anyone would pay that. They can fuck off!
Wait two months and you can get the same club for 60% off.

No one should ever buy a new TM club. Their constant product churn has really hurt the golf industry, especially smaller shops that are left holding the ball with devalued inventory that they end up moving at a loss.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:23 AM 02-12-2015
Going to Golf Galaxy today to swing Callaway XR driver, Taylor Made Burner Aero and Cleveland Black CG.
I play with a Cleveland today but it is a little older version...Launch 290. I really like that club.
Now that I am retired...I plan on playing a lot more and could use a little more distance with the driver. Getting old sucks and does sap some of your swing speed.
Not sure what to look at with irons...I play with Cobra's today and don't see much need in changing those as I still hit them well.
I use a RBZ hybrid and a cleveland wedge.
I putt with a Ping
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:27 AM 02-12-2015

No one should ever buy a new TM club. Their constant product churn has really hurt the golf industry, especially smaller shops that are left holding the ball with devalued inventory that they end up moving at a loss.
Doesn't bother me any. I got a set of 4-AW Rocketbladez irons for $299 and a Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour 3W for $69.99 recently.

EDIT: I know I proved your point. I'm just excited to play these if I ever get the fucking chance.
[Reply]
philfree 09:37 AM 02-12-2015

I guess so. Think I'll stick with my Cleveland Classic for a while longer.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:00 AM 02-12-2015
If anyone is interested, the Callaway certified used site is having a really good deal on things right now. I just bought a x hot 5 wood and hybrid 4 for $80. They are last years model but they are half the price of the x2 hot clubs. This is just like what Hamas said a few posts up with getting really good deals when the new model comes out.

Protip: make the purchase through their ebay store and things are even cheaper. Usually a difference of $10 to $20.
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:00 AM 02-20-2015
Question...actually kind of 3.

Thinking about following the Royals out on the road for a weekend this year and want to make it kind of a golf trip, as well. Right now I'm looking at Boston (Aug 20-23), Tampa (Aug 28-30), and Baltimore (Sep 11-13). Obviously Tampa will have plenty of nice courses, but I'd be more interested in some historic courses in the area of Boston or Baltimore that the general public would be allowed to play. I don't mind having to drive a little ways.

Any of you guys have some suggestions? Thanks in advance
[Reply]
KC native 10:09 AM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Doesn't bother me any. I got a set of 4-AW Rocketbladez irons for $299 and a Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour 3W for $69.99 recently.

EDIT: I know I proved your point. I'm just excited to play these if I ever get the fucking chance.
My dad bought a set of Rocketballs irons just under 2 years ago. He loves them.

I swung them a couple times and they are super easy to get distance and keep reasonably straight.
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:22 AM 02-20-2015
My son is a 4 handicap and plays competitively. He won his last tournament and I promised I'd get him fitted for a new driver. Has anyone used GolfTec? Are they in your area? They do a 90 minute evaluation of your swing and recommend clubs, shafts that fit you.

$125 for the evaluation is free if you buy the club through them. They carry all major brands other than Titleist and Cobra. Thinking of getting a Ping driver for him. He currently plays Taylor Made.
[Reply]
philfree 11:28 AM 02-20-2015
I go pick up my MP-15s today at 1:00. I was hoping that the pair of Puma spikeless golf shoes I ordered are dropped off so I can wear them when I hit my new clubs on the trackman. I was going to buy a new pair of MY Joys but they were $320.00 so I went shopping and I found a pair of Foot Joy Icons for $130.00. So I ended up buying three pairs of shoes for the amount I could have paid for one. I got the Icons a pair FJ M Projects and the spikeless Pumas. I thought I done good.

I've also been bargain shopping for some golf duds. I picked up some Izod golf pants and a couple shark shirts from Macy's all on sale and with the wifes coupons it all became dirt cheap. I'm pretty much geared up for the 2015 golf year. Now if I could find a discount on some nice weather.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 136
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up