ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 136
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:45 AM 02-09-2015
75 degrees and sunny this weekend. I'm sunburnt. Lotta golf. Spring is here!
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:55 AM 02-09-2015
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
75 degrees and sunny this weekend. I'm sunburnt. Lotta golf. Spring is here!
we still have about 5 weeks :/
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:37 AM 02-09-2015
I don't ask much of you golfers on CP - but two things here! - Is Rory #1 in the world and do Yonex make good drivers? Thanks!!
[Reply]
scho63 09:33 AM 02-09-2015
The last time Tiger Woods was "swinging" good or "playing" great was when he was banging all those chicks!

He has really lost his mojo-karma is a bitch
[Reply]
frankotank 09:42 AM 02-09-2015
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Surely, I can't be the only person playing tomorrow.
No you're not....and please don't call me Shirley.
second time out this year and had the round of my life Saturday. popped an 80! now I know that may very likely be the norm or below for some of you.....but as for me.....YIPPEE KIE YAY!
[Reply]
frankotank 09:47 AM 02-09-2015
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Golf = Dumb
I used to feel this way.
1 - beer sports rule.
2 - golf may arguably be the greatest beer sport EVER! (I can see around the corner to maybe putting bowling #1 if nothing else for the fact you can do it in bad weathe)
3 - if you suck....you just drink more beer and all is well.
4 - beer sports rule
[Reply]
frankotank 09:58 AM 02-09-2015
- X-18 callaway irons (dated now but still fine by me)
- Rocketballz RBZ driver and 3 wood - 2 years old now and the two best clubs in my bag. getting that driver changed things a bit. getting the 3 wood changed things a LOT.
- Stage 2 RBZ 4 hybrid - nice club...very nice
- Odyssey White Hot putter - one of my best golf purchases as far as dropping strokes. never underestimate the power of the putter! :-)
- oddball club - Cougar sand wedge - it's copper and I'd rather lose any club in my bag over this old bastard. gotta be from the 70's man. just love the stupid thing.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:01 PM 02-09-2015
It was great weather yesterday. I absolutely stunk up the joint the first time playing my Callaway x2 hot 3 wood though. I just couldn't get any lift for some reason. I had hit it at the range on Friday (off the mats though) and did okay even though I wasn't hitting it that straight.

I had swung someone's x hot 4 wood a couple weeks ago on the course really well so I opted for the new model and in a 3 wood. I can't believe it would make that much difference, but so far it was a huge difference. I will need to practice more with it. I really don't want to have to switch it out.

I hate hitting off the mats. I think that jacked up my iron play as well. I am going to buy this hitting net: http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/Edwin-...057973/Product

That is a great deal that is too good to pass up.
[Reply]
KCTitus 02:34 PM 02-09-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:
I used to feel this way.
1 - beer sports rule.
2 - golf may arguably be the greatest beer sport EVER! (I can see around the corner to maybe putting bowling #1 if nothing else for the fact you can do it in bad weathe)
3 - if you suck....you just drink more beer and all is well.
4 - beer sports rule
#1 is clearly Darts...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:17 PM 02-09-2015
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
the Tiger Woods shit is just sad

he's done

it hurts golf
Yeah, he's well into his decline. We may never see another golfer as exciting and dynamic as prime Tiger Woods was in our lifetimes, though I hope we do.

McIlroy is looking like an all-time great himself obviously, but he won't draw the same way Tiger did. Golf will take a serious hit.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:56 PM 02-09-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I don't ask much of you golfers on CP - but two things here! - Is Rory #1 in the world and do Yonex make good drivers? Thanks!!
Yonex makes fantastic clubs, as good as anyone, but it's somewhat dependent upon model. What are you looking at?

Rory is #1 in the World right now, yes.
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:59 PM 02-09-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Yonex makes fantastic clubs, as good as anyone, but it's somewhat dependent upon model. What are you looking at?

Rory is #1 in the World right now, yes.
I wasn't really in the market - I was just curious since I used Yonex tennis rackets for years. Thanks for the info.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:02 PM 02-09-2015
Rory is #1 because he is going old school tiger woods up in the Perkins waitresses breaking glass tables banging sluts.

Never swung a Yonnex so I can't speak on that
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:03 PM 02-09-2015
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
the Tiger Woods shit is just sad

he's done

it hurts golf
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Yeah, he's well into his decline. We may never see another golfer as exciting and dynamic as prime Tiger Woods was in our lifetimes, though I hope we do.

McIlroy is looking like an all-time great himself obviously, but he won't draw the same way Tiger did. Golf will take a serious hit.
Woods is likely done, but there have been numerous golfers whose careers were dead and buried for nearly a decade before they came back and played better than they ever had. Steve Stricker is the most recent example.

Now, Tiger won't ever be as good as he was in 2000, but if he regains his short game he could be as good as he was in 2006.

No one will ever draw like Tiger because he was a Jackie Robinson-type figure and a Jordan-type figure simultaneously. I don't think he will or should go down as the GOAT, but he's certainly #2.

It will be interesting to see how Rory's short game ages. He still hasn't won a major at a course that wasn't spongy. Ultimately, his luck in majors will normalize somewhat. To this point, he's been fantastically fortunate, but he will still likely end up with 10-12, which is too bad, because I fucking despise that douche pig-nosed Mick motherfucker.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:06 PM 02-09-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I wasn't really in the market - I was just curious since I used Yonex tennis rackets for years. Thanks for the info.
Yonex was one of the companies most responsible for increasing the predominance of graphite shafts on the PGA Tour. In the mid-1990s they actually debuted clubs that were made entirely of graphite, the ADX line. I had an ADX 200i that had a steel insert in the face. It was the best fairway wood I've ever had, and I still can't fucking believe I traded it.

Callaway tried to steal their tech about a decade later with a club called the C4.

Phil Mickelson played Yonex from 1992-99ish, and Scott Hoch played them too. Colin Montgomerie played Yonex in the second half of the 2000s, but as a Japanese company, their presence has always dominated the Asian Tour.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 136
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up