ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 51
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:39 PM 11-01-2016
I need to watch each episode at least twice to catch everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
listopencil 10:55 PM 11-01-2016
I'm not really buying into the multiple timelines theory. It's not necessary unless I've missed something. What I do wonder is, though, is what is the significance of Dolores seeing herself in that crowd of painted up revelers in Pariah? She saw herself in a side room later when she sat at the table as well. Was that entire segment just her personality breaking in the way that a human might snap and become psychotic?
[Reply]
Buck 03:15 PM 11-02-2016
Just found this video. It is an argument for and against the show having multiple timelines.

He uses the same arguments I used against the multiple timelines, but in a more eloquent manner. He also uses arguments for the multiple timelines that are very legit and have me questioning this again.

[Reply]
Bowser 03:31 PM 11-02-2016
Great vid, thanks for posting that.

Listening to the reasons against, it feels like he's on the right path but hasn't quite nailed it down. The control room scene could maybe be proof that the park is run by androids as well? Just more aware androids, possibly? (even though my theory sounds weak)
[Reply]
Bowser 03:43 PM 11-02-2016

[Reply]
Buck 03:45 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Great vid, thanks for posting that.

Listening to the reasons against, it feels like he's on the right path but hasn't quite nailed it down. The control room scene could maybe be proof that the park is run by androids as well? Just more aware androids, possibly? (even though my theory sounds weak)
Yep, I was thinking of that too while watching.

Also the video you just posted was posted about 10 posts back by KC Lee

Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
I've seen some discussion about 2 - 3 timelines.

The two bros at the park being one time line
Ed Harris / The Man In Black another timeline
Bernard's discussions with Deloris as a third timeline

Basically this...

[Reply]
Bowser 03:48 PM 11-02-2016
I got swept up in Westworld excitement. Plus, I was posting just in case 99% of the board had KC Lee on ignore.

:-)
[Reply]
Silock 04:42 PM 11-02-2016
I don't think there are different timelines. There is zero progression of technology between the timelines, however, we see the "old" bartender talking to Robert. If the androids were old in the other timeline, they're SIGNIFICANTLY more advanced than the bartender.

I'm just not sold on the alternate timelines. Not ruling it out, but right now, it doesn't line up for me.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 04:49 PM 11-02-2016
The different timelines would explain a lot.

I still think that the man in black is the former co-partner Arnold - downloaded into Ed Harris.
[Reply]
unlurking 04:51 PM 11-02-2016
I got swept up in Westworld excitement. Plus, I was posting just in case 99% of the board had KC Lee on ignore.

[Reply]
Silock 05:01 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:

I still think that the man in black is the former co-partner Arnold - downloaded into Ed Harris.
If Harris in an android, he'd have to be pretty special because the bullets bounce off of him.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:14 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:

That would be interesting. It would fit in with one possible 'secret' motive for the company to keep running the park; working on offering immortality by transferring your consciousness into an android. It could be that Harris is still just a normal human and that's the prize he's going for though. Maybe he knows what Delos is doing and he's forcing their hand. He has been given tremendous freedom of action. So he's either paying a shit ton of money or he knows something that they want to cover up. Or both. I like to think that they are partially fitting the events of the original movie into the TV show. That the insurrection was similar to the breakdown that happened in the movie. There are several points in the show that describe what the old hosts were like and they've shown a few. Recently Ed Harris' character was talking about it when he bled one out to keep another one going. Anyway-the feel of the park and the hosts in William's scenes is too close to what has been shown to be state of the art in the show's universe for me to buy the multiple timelines. I think they are purposefully drawing comparisons between the two characters to imply that the Man In Black isn't really a villain. That protagonists and antagonists are going to be morally ambiguous in this story, and that you can't really just easily pick a side when a conflict comes up.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:18 PM 11-02-2016
TL/DR:

Ed Harris is the guy that killed Yul Brynner in the movie.

Crazy idea:

Dolores is The Gunslinger (Yul Brynner).
[Reply]
Bowser 05:22 PM 11-02-2016
Stupid question - Is The Park an actual thousands of acres place, or is it like some type of holodeck technology where the caretakers can get in and out of quickly?
[Reply]
Buck 05:27 PM 11-02-2016
Stupid question - Is The Park an actual thousands of acres place, or is it like some type of holodeck technology where the caretakers can get in and out of quickly?
Supposedly it's a real place.

This is supposed to be where all the offices of Delos are inside of this plateau.

[Reply]
Page 10 of 51
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up